Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trix23 View Post
    What's wrong with having pack n plays close? We have a small house
    As far as i know its a germ sharing thing. It just looks like there all smushed all together. I know in home daycare here, we cant have them touching unless there is a solid divider.

Comment

I'm afraid to reply because idk how it will be received. :/ The close together pack n plays just has a crowded look, like you are keeping a lot of children in a small space. Although there may be nothing wrong with it at all, it just looks uncomfortable. It's like seeing those three high bunk beds. It has a mass containment feeling.

I wonder if you would be comfortable leaving your undesirables list off the FAQS as well. The part about wanting families that will heed your advice and follow policies, etc.. That's not a welcoming feeling when a perspective customer reads that. It's almost like we are already in trouble and getting our lecture for it.

I think the main take away from this whole thread is to bring them in with a little honey, and none of the vinegar... (Then give them the vinegar when they've decided they like the honey enough to accept the vinegar that comes with it!)

Comment

Originally posted by CalCare View Post
        I'm afraid to reply because idk how it will be received. :/
        I agree! I've been following along with the your (OP) struggles to fill spaces and the biggest thing that's stuck out to me is that you are immediately defensive when anyone shares feedback or an opinion different from yours. I think you would be doing yourself a favor by actually listening to what people are saying instead spending so much time being offended by what they are saying. That may not be true, but that's how you are coming across to me and the few others that have said something similar.
        Also I think newer providers have to be a bit more flexible and sometimes have to do things that veteran providers don't. Not because you have to be a pushover but because you haven't built a solid reputation yet. Some one else on this forum said something a while back that is so true; "You have to work for your business before your business will work for you."
        You can't be strict and viewed as a veteran provider right out of the gate. You haven't earned that yet. Parents respect veteran providers and their programs because they have the history and past clients to prove it. You need to prove it first and I think you putting the cart before the horse is what's turning people off to you.

Comment

I had limited photos on my site. All were taken outside of daycare hours. Most of the photos were of activities that we have done. No kids ever in my photos.

As for the other issues, I would not make any promises about what their children were going to learn. "I strive to provide an environment that encourages children to develop x, y and z." Simple. Easy to understand. Appeals to many.

I would not want to have to come to a tour for pricing info. I did not put my prices on line but I would give that info out prior to interviews. I also did not post hours. I did contracted hours and looked for specific clients who fell within a certain range. But I also wanted the flexibility of adjusting those hours if it was slim pickings for ideal clients. I never had an issue doing it this way.

I found the best thing for me was to focus on 3 things that made me stand out from the others and advertise the heck out of that.

Good luck!

Comment

I've updated my site (a lotttt) and also refreshed my daycare room- check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Also I think newer providers have to be a bit more flexible and sometimes have to do things that veteran providers don't. Not because you have to be a pushover but because you haven't built a solid reputation yet. Some one else on this forum said something a while back that is so true; "You have to work for your business before your business will work for you."
              You can't be strict and viewed as a veteran provider right out of the gate. You haven't earned that yet. Parents respect veteran providers and their programs because they have the history and past clients to prove it. You need to prove it first and I think you putting the cart before the horse is what's turning people off to you.

What specifically do you mean?

Comment

I know the conversation has taken a different route and I expect you feel kind of battered right now--

--I really like your enrollment form. I can tell you're serious about what you're doing and are working hard to offer an excellent program.

--In "pictures," I know you've made a lot of edits. It's probably not best to lead off with that "create" wall photo. That image is sterile. It shows hard, pale surfaces. The quiet nook has soft, puffy flooring and a rich green color. Something like that, or another photo that shows a space that makes me want to reach right through the monitor and touch it--that'd be more enticing.

Comment

I can definitely put the pictures in a different order. That is going to be where art is displayed. I bought some wire and hooks to get installed there. We just got all that stuff in the room as of Friday night, so still working on getting it totally finished. Kinda tight on $ too since i only have Part Time kids right now- one is giving 2 weeks cause with the new baby, they can't afford daycare.

Comment

Originally posted by trix23 View Post
                    I've updated my site (a lotttt) and also refreshed my daycare room- check it out!

www.hollyspetitemaison.com
                    I think this site is a HUGE improvement over the first version I viewed. The photos are much better and the space looks nice without clutter. I also really like that there are not the food pics and the pic with children's faces blurred out. I am torn of if I like the home page photo - I might suggest you purchase a stock photo of daycare kids. They are only like $15.00 or less. Here is a search example: https://www.google.com/search?q=day+...I1oCwIP6a7uJM:

Is it not that your photo is bad or wrong just for the home page the more polished an image the better IMHO.

Comment

I was told that an image of my own kids and their activities would be better than a stock photo. :/

Comment

Working...
                      X