No announcement yet.

Having Trouble With Getting People Enrolled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When looking for enrollment, My strategy is "if I can get them in here, I have a chance"....Seeing is believing and I like being able for parents SEE what my program offers before I TELL that I charge 52 weeks a year and I have a daily hour limit, etc. Generally, I only advertise that I am state-licensed and on USDA Food program. I do share my education and philosophy when going over my handbook during interview. I do not enroll all who come into my facility BUT I do believe in "seeing before telling". Just my opinions. That being said, you can be as vague or informative about what you believe in as you want on your website. But I have found perception can be wide open for clients.

Comment

I learned a few years ago that too much personal information on a website can be bad. You want to "sell yourself" but also have to remember that different people have different thoughts or beliefs and can easily misinterpret what you say.

What personal points to have on the site is simple. Is the point something that could turn people away, and if so, do you want those people to be turned away?

Comment

Originally posted by trix23 View Post
        I've looked through every picture and i have no idea what you're talking about with cleavage.... i don't wear any clothes that have cleavage and haven't for like 8 years....
        Sorry I'm new here and don't know how to quote or multi quote. I did mean the video and absolutely did not mean at all to imply you were a floosie. If you'll notice I started my comments out with lots of compliments on what kind of person and provider you were. Your post was just saying you had trouble getting kids and I was trying to look as deep into your website as I could to give you hints for the many different critics that may be out there. As Black Cat said, you do not need to change things just because one poster said something. These are just things for you to look at and decide what you want to do with it. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings, I was just trying to help!!!

Comment

You did ask for opinions.

You honestly can't get mad at or upset with those that have a differing view than yours. That's the point of asking others.... they may be other provider's opinions but they are more than likely parents as well. Your target audience.

If you are convinced that one aspect of your website is "your selling point" but some don't see it the same, perhaps you need to remember who your audience is.... YOU can love it... but you aren't who you are selling to.

I don't intend to sound harsh; honestly I am trying to offer some outside perspective but I kind of think you have forgotten who your "consumer" is and are instead too focused on selling your ideal program.

I could be completely wrong but that's kind of the impression I'm getting. Nothing wrong with passion. I get that, I reallly do but the BEST lessons in this career are those we resist learning/accepting.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            You did ask for opinions.

You honestly can't get mad at or upset with those that have a differing view than yours. That's the point of asking others.... they may be other provider's opinions but they are more than likely parents as well. Your target audience.

If you are convinced that one aspect of your website is "your selling point" but some don't see it the same, perhaps you need to remember who your audience is.... YOU can love it... but you aren't who you are selling to.

I don't intend to sound harsh; honestly I am trying to offer some outside perspective but I kind of think you have forgotten who your "consumer" is and are instead too focused on selling your ideal program.

I could be completely wrong but that's kind of the impression I'm getting. Nothing wrong with passion. I get that, I reallly do but the BEST lessons in this career are those we resist learning/accepting.
            Those 2 points are things I have learned over my 40 years of self-employment. Took me about 20 of those years to learn them.
            Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
            They are also our future.

Comment

I wasn't mad or upset, just shocked because that's not what I saw (in the video) and I don't normally dress with cleavage. I might make a new video anyway now that I have embroidered shirts.

And yes, BlackCat, you are spot-on with your observation. I want to market my program as high-end and quality and trying to figure out ways to do that.

Any other tips for what to do, add, etc? I updated it quite a bit so check out the new content.

Comment

I don't put a whole lot on my website, or at least when I had one. I put what my rates are and a general philosophy and my education. My strength lies in my personality when they meet me. It is very hard to get across certain things on a website versus face to face. For example I would never say on a website "quality care is lacking in our city" but would say it face to face with someone during an interview if the topic came up. I don't give anyone my handbook anymore until they meet me. I used to send them my handbook before meeting me and I got a lot of people no longer interested. Since changing that I pretty much have a 100% success rate in people wanting to sign with me when they get my handbook afterwards. They like ME not my strict policies

A friend of mine had a website knocking providers who serve organic food, basically calling them liars and it looked so bad! Just have a positive upbeat tone, be confident in YOUR skills and tell parents what they can expect from your program but be vague to get them to call you and meet you. I leave 80% of my talking points for face to face meetings. You don't have to market high quality just show that you are high quality by being uber professional and completely objective on your website.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                  I don't put a whole lot on my website, or at least when I had one. I put what my rates are and a general philosophy and my education. My strength lies in my personality when they meet me. It is very hard to get across certain things on a website versus face to face. For example I would never say on a website "quality care is lacking in our city" but would say it face to face with someone during an interview if the topic came up. I don't give anyone my handbook anymore until they meet me. I used to send them my handbook before meeting me and I got a lot of people no longer interested. Since changing that I pretty much have a 100% success rate in people wanting to sign with me when they get my handbook afterwards. They like ME not my strict policies

A friend of mine had a website knocking providers who serve organic food, basically calling them liars and it looked so bad! Just have a positive upbeat tone, be confident in YOUR skills and tell parents what they can expect from your program but be vague to get them to call you and meet you. I leave 80% of my talking points for face to face meetings. You don't have to market high quality just show that you are high quality by being uber professional and completely objective on your website.
                  Great point, even for my website. Face to face is the best time to sell, so you only want enough on the site to grab their interest. If they walk away after a face to face, it wouldn't have matered how much you had on the website.
                  Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
                  They are also our future.

Comment

So I've made updates: hollyspetitemaison.com

Comment

i've had a few people give feedback on my program that either toured or didn't tour and some of them said:

-too many days off (10 paid holidays if they fall on a weekday , 6 personal/sick days- i have 2 young kids)
                      -pricing not up-front (i require people to come to a tour for pricing)
                      -i scheduled a tour 4 days out and the person cancelled the initial appt and then said that they already went with someone else because their pricing was within budget (but i never mentioned my prices!)

WTF is going on with people?! is this how it always is !?

Comment

the personal/sick days are paid

and i recently added POSSIBLE 2 weeks vacation at 1/2 pay with minimum of 1 month's notice

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          i've had a few people give feedback on my program that either toured or didn't tour and some of them said:

-too many days off (10 paid holidays if they fall on a weekday , 6 personal/sick days- i have 2 young kids)
                          -pricing not up-front (i require people to come to a tour for pricing)
                          -i scheduled a tour 4 days out and the person cancelled the initial appt and then said that they already went with someone else because their pricing was within budget (but i never mentioned my prices!)

WTF is going on with people?! is this how it always is !?
                          Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          the personal/sick days are paid

and i recently added POSSIBLE 2 weeks vacation at 1/2 pay with minimum of 1 month's notice
                          Are these post from the OP or someone else? It may slightly change my response from general to more personalized since I have read what the OP offers.

Comment

I would change this "Also teach social skills, manners, clean-up tasks"
                            Emphasis on self help skills, social skills and proper manners

Or something like that. the sentence just dosnt seem to flow

is your dog part of your program and allowed around the kids? I would mention this somewhere on your site, since hes in your photos. I would also mention that he is up to date on shots, and gets them as scheduled.

checked out your fb page too. I really rather enjoy seeing photos of the kids eating the healthy meals that you prepare. the dog cage with the child near it could seems like a bad photo to show.
                            the pack and play photo also, they are way too close together.

please dont be offended, these are just the observations of a daycare teacher of 10 years~!

Comment

Yes, that was me. Endlessly frustrated by people

Comment

What's wrong with having pack n plays close? We have a small house

Comment

Working...
                                X