Child's Cup Leaks Like Crazy And Totally Drenched Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trix23 View Post
    So for those of you who supply cups, do you allow parents to provide milk or juice or any other thing? Or do you only allow water? I'm talking about children no longer eating breastmilk or formula
    I supply everything unless a parent wants their child to drink a milk alternative, then they supply that. So far I have two bringing milk, one brings almond and the other brings organic. The containers must be sealed and closed upon bringing them to me.

Comment

So for those of you who supply cups, do you allow parents to provide milk or juice or any other thing? Or do you only allow water? I'm talking about children no longer eating breastmilk or formula
      Milk is served for lunch and snack only.
      I provide all food and drink.
      Water is served all other times.

Parents supply breast milk only.
      I provide formula.

Comment

I supply everything except breast milk, special formula and special milk. We do milk at breakfast and water the rest of the time. If we have a party we might do juice for the special occasion but usually just water.

Comment

If a parent wants to bring another type of milk, they provide me with a doctor note. Otherwise, they drink what I serve....milk for meals, water all other times.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            Milk is served for lunch and snack only.
            I provide all food and drink.
            Water is served all other times.

Parents supply breast milk only.
            I provide formula.
            This except I do milk breakfast and lunch. Water all other times

Comment

I also cook 2-3 meals a day, add so there are at least 2 loads of dishes a day. Fusssssss. Lol
              I do the same an I have not a dishwasher(100yo house)

and I do not see any issue to wash cups.

Just look at it: you already spent much more time around the problem then is necessary for washing a cup.

My parents provide a kid everyday , diapers (as necessary), and sunscreen (one time per year). That's it.

Comment

Why do you supply your own? I don't want to have to wash all that in addition to the dishes I do here. It gets to be too much to clean and expense. Plus I figure that parents have a certain cup or bottle preference with their babies have and why not just keep that how it is?
                I supply them because 1. It's a tax write-off. 2. I can choose the style and size I want to provide (and can make sure they don't leak) 3. It's good marketing to say I provide all that stuff so parents don't have to. 4. I started out in FCC when my kids were small so I had all that stuff already anyway.

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                Liability.

I don't want sippy cups with Miralax, Tylenol or who knows what added and I don't want mold/cleaning issues.

Also, I don't like sippy cups for preschoolers that are perfectly capable of using a regular cup.
                Holy cow, I'm pretty cynical but I didn't even think of meds in cups from home! The closest I've gotten is a 3 yr old bringing her "coffee" (iced tea) in the morning. ::

Ditto preschoolers and sippys. Plus toddlers with ginormous cups full of milk.

I provide milk at breakfast and lunch, and water in between and at snack. We only have juice for special holiday celebrations.

Comment

I supply water for snacks (×2) and in between as well as milk for lunch.
                  If parents want a milk alternative they bring it. (One currently brings lactosse free) parents supply formula if needed (though I have yet to get any young enough to be on formula long since I get them around a year old).

Comment

Parents supply baby bottles, formula(if they don't like what I offer) and diapers, clothes, sunscreen and bug repellent, I supply everything else.

Granted, I only have 6 kiddos but I cannot imagine trying to keep everyone's cups out of the hands of others, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X