Child's Cup Leaks Like Crazy And Totally Drenched Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child's Cup Leaks Like Crazy And Totally Drenched Child

The first few times it happened I thought it was a fluke accident or leaked over time as it sat. But then one day last week when DCG was in the kitchen, her bottle spilled all over while it was closed. I checked! It's the kind that let's air in through the bottom -a bottle. If a silicone piece isn't in just right, it can totally empty itself.

DCG got totally drenched. I'm just glad it happened in my kitchen versus the playroom. I told mom that she needs to get DCG a new cup ASAP but DCM said that the silicone thing must've come loose. I want DCG to have a new cup or I mauve need to buy one for her and charge double for it and bill the parent. Idk what to do in this situation.

I provide cups here--I prefer all supplies to be mine, to avoid those situations.

Comment

I totally agree... I supply all small glasses, sippy cups and bottles; it's not hard to fresh make formula bottles or heat EBM and my littles learn how to drink their milk out of 3oz glasses by 18 months (meals only)

Comment

I supply all cups and require 2 new in the box bottles for infants. They stay here and do not get passed back and forth from here to home. I do not use sippy cups at all.

Comment

I supply them, I would just give it back and buy my own to stay at daycare

Comment

I supply all cups and bottles, bowls, plates, flatware and even pacifiers. I do not allow the back and forth stuff and I like to have control over what gets used here because I know what works and what does not. I can also color code so everyone has their own and knows which is theirs.

Comment

As the others have said, I keep everything here. Nothing goes back and forth.

Comment

Why do you supply your own? I don't want to have to wash all that in addition to the dishes I do here. It gets to be too much to clean and expense. Plus I figure that parents have a certain cup or bottle preference with their babies have and why not just keep that how it is?

Comment

Originally posted by trix23 View Post
                  Why do you supply your own? I don't want to have to wash all that in addition to the dishes I do here. It gets to be too much to clean and expense. Plus I figure that parents have a certain cup or bottle preference with their babies have and why not just keep that how it is?
                  I prefer to wash mine here so I know it is clean and cleaned properly.

I once had a child bring in a cup from home and when I went to take it apart to wash it there was mold in the spout. Mom/Dad didn't know they were supposed to disassemble to cup to wash it.

Comment

I also supply everything myself!! It's less frustration. Your situation is a perfect example.

Kindly return the cup to mom. Go buy the cups you'd like her to use and write it off on your taxes.

Comment

I prefer parents bring as little as possible into my house. I prefer to have the control. I don't have to worry about cleanliness or proper function or anything breaking that I would have to replace that is not my own. Plus multiple kids could come in with the same cup or bottle and that can get confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                        I supply all cups and require 2 new in the box bottles for infants. They stay here and do not get passed back and forth from here to home. I do not use sippy cups at all.
                        the only sippy's I use here are the miracle cups and they transition to the glasses starting 16 months; I don't supply bigger cups because all my kids age out at 18 months . Of course by that time they are also using forks and spoons on their own.

Comment

Dont you wash the bottles/cups after every use? What do children eat off of? I figure if your washing plates and silverware, adding cups shouldnt be that big of a deal. I would feel weird sending home dirty bottles anyway.

Comment

Liability.

I don't want sippy cups with Miralax, Tylenol or who knows what added and I don't want mold/cleaning issues.

Also, I don't like sippy cups for preschoolers that are perfectly capable of using a regular cup.

As for having to wash cups.... meh, I have a dozen kids every single day. It's not time consuming at all.

I would think it takes more time to keep track of who's cup is who's and who did or didn't remember to bring one each day.

I also recycle everything so most of our stuff is paper.
                            I have regular child size cups for lunch but snack and water breaks are toss away, recyclable paper cups.

Comment

You think parents might put meds and stuff in their cups? Have you had that happen before?

Comment

Working...
                              X