No announcement yet.

Child's Cup Leaks Like Crazy And Totally Drenched Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also cook 2-3 meals a day, add so there are at least 2 loads of dishes a day. Fusssssss. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by trix23 View Post
      You think parents might put meds and stuff in their cups? Have you had that happen before?
      Yes.

When I first came to this board, I used to read the threads thinking that there were some crazy stories here. And then they happened to me. ::

Same reasons as above. I provide everything except diapers/wipes, changes of clothes and outdoor wear. I write off everything.

Comment

I also cook 2-3 meals a day, add so there are at least 2 loads of dishes a day. Fusssssss. Lol
        Unfortunately, this is part of child care.

I do two loads of dishes per day. First load is breakfast/lunch dishes. I run the dishwasher after lunch, leave it open to air dry during nap and unload it while the children are eating PM snack. Second load is PM snack dishes and my own family's dinner dishes. I run that load overnight and unload it in the morning while the children are eating breakfast.

You'll find your groove

Comment

Why do you supply your own? I don't want to have to wash all that in addition to the dishes I do here. It gets to be too much to clean and expense. Plus I figure that parents have a certain cup or bottle preference with their babies have and why not just keep that how it is?
          For the very reasons you asked the original question. I get to control the type of cup, the cleanliness of the cup (sippy cups are rarely washed properly and will mold), and I also get control over what is in them. Even if a parent brought their own, I would dump the contents, because I have no idea what it is in that cup unless I fill it myself.

Comment

I keep one side of my 2 part sink filled with slightly soapy water & toss all meal dishes in there until naptime. I load a full dishwasher once a day & set on sanitize setting; I only have 4 babies but can easily use enough for 6 kids.

I have duplicates of each child's miracle cup (each has a different color) that way I don't have to wash immediately... one is the water cup, the other for meals (milk) and for bottles I have different colored lids too. As was said, it's to keep unknown meds from coming in a bottle & I know how they are cleaned and it's tax deductible

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
              Liability.

I don't want sippy cups with Miralax, Tylenol or who knows what added and I don't want mold/cleaning issues.

Also, I don't like sippy cups for preschoolers that are perfectly capable of using a regular cup.

As for having to wash cups.... meh, I have a dozen kids every single day. It's not time consuming at all.

I would think it takes more time to keep track of who's cup is who's and who did or didn't remember to bring one each day.

I also recycle everything so most of our stuff is paper.
              I have regular child size cups for lunch but snack and water breaks are toss away, recyclable paper cups.

Absolutely-liability is a huge issue! Plus, I've had kids show up with red Hawaiian Punch and Orange Tang drops in their cups (still have the spots on my carpet!), old milk...meds are definitely a possibility. I have seen the condition of the cups some kids drink out of at home and it is disgusting (black mold in the mouthpiece), cups full of juice that still have last night's milk in them...I don't need to see that! I DO wash a lot of cups, sippies and bottles, but all but the lids go in the dishwasher, and that makes it super easy. I much prefer that parents bring NOTHING to my house-I supply EVERYTHING (diapers, wipes, creams, food/formula, sunscreen, swimsuits). I just don't want to deal with parents forgetting to bring stuff, having them carry bugs into my house, bringing dirty things, etc.

Comment

Why do you supply your own? I don't want to have to wash all that in addition to the dishes I do here. It gets to be too much to clean and expense. Plus I figure that parents have a certain cup or bottle preference with their babies have and why not just keep that how it is?
                Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                Liability.

I don't want sippy cups with Miralax, Tylenol or who knows what added and I don't want mold/cleaning issues.

Also, I don't like sippy cups for preschoolers that are perfectly capable of using a regular cup.

As for having to wash cups.... meh, I have a dozen kids every single day. It's not time consuming at all.

I would think it takes more time to keep track of who's cup is who's and who did or didn't remember to bring one each day.

I also recycle everything so most of our stuff is paper.
                I have regular child size cups for lunch but snack and water breaks are toss away, recyclable paper cups.
                You think parents might put meds and stuff in their cups? Have you had that happen before?
                Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post

I do two loads of dishes per day. First load is breakfast/lunch dishes. I run the dishwasher after lunch, leave it open to air dry during nap and unload it while the children are eating PM snack. Second load is PM snack dishes and my own family's dinner dishes. I run that load overnight and unload it in the morning while the children are eating breakfast.

You'll find your groove
                to all of this.

I've had parents try meds in the cup more than once.

I supply everything but clothes- and those I keep here and launder myself. I LOATHE keeping track and the back and forth is a PITA

Comment

Agree with the others! It is so much easier if I supply it myself and it really isn't adding a ton more work for my dishwasher. I also throw out and replenish once they get really old. I also prefer less complicated sippys like the Rubbermain Litterless Juiceboxes for babies.

I had a mom bring in a sippy of meds at the centre where I used to work. We had a rule there not to bring in any outside food or drink and that is why!

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post

You'll find your groove
                    This is exactly me now I just got a dishwasher about a month ago and OH I am in love! I have hand washed for years. I do two loads a day. I supply everything but diapers and the clothes but yes, I was and put back in their cubby, so I tell parents to only dress in play clothes that can stay here.

I supply all formula and food so I don't want cups/ bottles from home because who knows what might be in them! I have also had parents bring icky cups with them and I refuse them in to my house.

Comment

I supply everything as well. Meds in a cup/bottle, seen it. Soda, juice etc in bottles, cups, etc...seen that too. And believe me it is NOT fun to dump a sippy of Pepsi out as the child hysterically freaks out because you won't let them have it. Between those issues, the liability, the spills, the 4 year olds who won't drink from a regular cup...yeah, I'll take extra dishes any day! Plus I use it as a selling point to parents "no dishes to do when you get home from work!" I don't even have a dishwasher (ok, I do, but it's storage for kid dishes ) and time wise it's not so bad. I do dishes twice a day, takes maybe 10-15 minutes. I started out with parents providing everything and it was awful. I can definitely say the extra time washing dishes has more then compensated for the parent supply issues.

Comment

I have parents provide bottles to be left at daycare at least 2 each depending on age.

I provide take and toss sippy but require kids to sit with them while drinking by 15 months bit for meals they all use them. Ill couler code these fir each kid. Younger then that I'll provide one no spill cup used only for water while inside. I also use cups for those over 2.5. I make meals and snacks each day and don't have a dish washer. But don't find that doing them make s much diffrenence in time.

Comment

I let parents supply bottles, but they stay here for me to wash, and unless a child is colicky I don't allow the kind that use lots of pieces, like Dr. Brown's.

We don't use spill proof cups at all, they are just as bad for their teeth as bottles are, they are just sucking on a nipple of a different shape. I use tupperware sippers, and they use them in the highchairs or at the table only. Once they master that, I remove the lids.

Comment

So for those of you who supply cups, do you allow parents to provide milk or juice or any other thing? Or do you only allow water? I'm talking about children no longer eating breastmilk or formula

Comment

So for those of you who supply cups, do you allow parents to provide milk or juice or any other thing? Or do you only allow water? I'm talking about children no longer eating breastmilk or formula
                              No. All food and drinks is provided. The only way I allow a parent to bring something is as a treat for the whole group. Kids here get water at snacks, or outdoors when it's hot and milk at breakfast and lunch. Keeps it simple

Comment

Nope, I provide everything; we don't juice here, only water & milk... the babes get whole fruit for snacks & meals. On super hot days I sometimes sub chilled Coconut Water for regular water, but it's not the norm

Comment

Working...
                                X