Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Of You Closed On July 3rd? (For A Long Independence Day Weekend?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get real tired of reading parents problems! I give my schedule out the beginning of the year. Days like 4th of July are a given that we are closed. That is consistent. I take two weeks a year and those are planned by January for the coming year. I work 12 hour days, 5 days a week. Not lazy over here at all. Guess what I'm closed week after 4th of July for a family vacation with extended family. I told families about this in January. I have 5 families that planned their vacation for the week after mine. So they now have to pay two weeks of daycare they won't be here for. None of them are complaining cause they knew. I have some newer families freaking out my week off. I told them at the interview i was closed then. I think most of this complaining is the fact that you think we are your slaves since you pay us and don't value or respect us as business owners. Don't like it, open your own daycare and never close.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbelievable View Post
      While you all are talking about closing on the 3rd, parents are still working on the 3rd, and while you're in bed on the 4rd, parents are trying to find care for their kids.
      You're just a bunch of lazy people trying to suck every penny out of parents while feeding your lazy attitudes. As if your entitled to an extra days holiday. Unbelievable.
      Sounds to me like someone didn't read their contract and is now mad they didn't get their way. Entitled much?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Waw, you are probably the biggest loser in this forum for even typing this nonsense.
      Pretty sure you got her beat....your post(s) are an excellent example.

Thank you though for the morning entertainment!

While you are toiling away at work on the 4rd, (:
      I hope your provider is enjoying her day off......from you.

Comment

Our DC closes early on 3-rd and is closed on 4-th. As far as I can remember, they always did that. But their list of holidays is really small, with only one exception of Thanksgiving when they are closed Thursday through Sunday. Everything else is 1 day here and there and 2 early closings (July 3-rd and December 31-st).

Comment

My daycare (center) is open on the 3rd but closed on the 4th (paid).
          My company has decided to close (unpaid) on the 3rd and (paid) on the 4th.

My husband's company is open on the 3rd (but closed the 4th) and he is taking a personal day (paid) on the 3rd.

I have a feeling a lot of the kids at our daycare will also take the 3rd off, but I don't have access to anyone elses schedule as it is none of my business!

Comment

Originally posted by amberrose3dg View Post
            I get real tired of reading parents problems! I give my schedule out the beginning of the year. Days like 4th of July are a given that we are closed. That is consistent. I take two weeks a year and those are planned by January for the coming year. I work 12 hour days, 5 days a week. Not lazy over here at all. Guess what I'm closed week after 4th of July for a family vacation with extended family. I told families about this in January. I have 5 families that planned their vacation for the week after mine. So they now have to pay two weeks of daycare they won't be here for. None of them are complaining cause they knew. I have some newer families freaking out my week off. I told them at the interview i was closed then. I think most of this complaining is the fact that you think we are your slaves since you pay us and don't value or respect us as business owners. Don't like it, open your own daycare and never close.
            ... heck last year I was working 14 hrs a day, 5 days week & parents don't consider we still have to do unpaid work after the children leave; like cleaning, paperwork, shopping for supplies on my day off etc. I give my schedule out the first week of Jan also, so no excuse (my vacation days are unpaid too)

Comment

I started working at my daughter's DC a couple of weeks ago (temporary Summer gig, but I will probably write more about it when I'm done in the OT section for privacy's sake). on Monday, one of the parents came to drop off the payment. the child was already picked up by another parent, and the one dropping off the payment saw a note on the door about July 3-rd and 4-th, and then the director said that she'd be on vacation the week of 4-th. the parent's face lit up, and the parent exclaimed, "Oh, you should go! It's much deserved!" DC is open 6 to 6 (except for 2 days a year when it closes early) and has a bare minimum of holidays. yes, it is much deserved.

looking at some children and parents, I wonder how she's holding up so well. I thought I loved children. but I digress.

Comment

I'm open for the 3rd, but my last family informed me yesterday that they aren't coming. Since I don't charge for days I'm closed that makes the 3rd my only paid holiday this year (unofficially). happyface

Comment

Working...
                X