Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Of You Closed On July 3rd? (For A Long Independence Day Weekend?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Of You Closed On July 3rd? (For A Long Independence Day Weekend?)

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if it seems "too much" to take July 3rd off as a paid holiday as well as July 4th? Since July 4th is on a Tuesday this year.

Most of the families attending do not really read the closed holidays list and I am sure a few will be surprised by my decision.

What do you think?

In the past I would have taken the 3rd unpaid to be able to travel out of state with my family.

This year I am only taking the 4th off, paid.

It really depends on what your plans are.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Our school year program ends the last week of June and our summer session starts the 5th of July so I have the 3rd & 4th "off".... but parents don't feel they are paying for it.

Comment

I'm closed the 3rd unpaid and the 4th paid

Comment

I am closed the 3rd and the 4th, both paid.

Comment

I'm close the entire week as it's my vacation; add in the 2 weekends and I get 9 days NO BABIES or KIDS... yep single parent of adult children

Comment

Lots of times I will do that, to make an extra long weekend. But this year I'm not. I'm taking an extra day around Memorial Day, because I'll be finished a 45 hr. long course right before that and know I'll need an extra long weekend to play catch-up and take a much needed breather.
              I have listed in my handbook the definite days I'm closed every year but also add that I may include a day here or there to make an extra long weekend. I also include in my handbook that I will probably take a vacation at Christmas time but that's not written in stone. I make my vacation plans around my dds who both live far away and have to fly home.
              I think if you'd like to make it a 4 day weekend, why not??? Oh and my rates depend upon enrollment, not closures, sick days, holidays, vacations, etc. I tell parents I do NOT take advantage of time off. And I clearly don't. But I still need a life of my own to do something or nothing as I choose. I give as much notice as I possibly can, except for things that come up unexpectedly.

Comment

One added thought, I wouldn't call it a holiday but a personal day. It kinda $ucks to open a day then be closed a day, then open for 3. You just have to balance your days off with your own needs, your dcf's needs, and your local area's way of doing things.

Comment

I probably won't close the 3rd. But I also doubt I'll have more than 1 family anyway because the rest will probably take the day off.

Comment

I always close two days for the 4th. I call it "Fourth of July Break" and I really enjoy it. happyface

Comment

I had just the fourth off, but my sign in sheet is empty, so I would probably have ended up with the 3rd off, too.

Comment

I am closed both but without pay...Well, it IS paid for because I figure it into their weekly rate and spread it out through the year, but they believe it's free I'm taking the Friday before memorial day, memorial day itself, a week off at the end of June and the 3rd and the 4th of July off. It's a lot but I do require families to have a back up so, they all have other options.
                        But no, I don't think it's too much. I suspect many people will be doing the same. I'd call it a personal day too though.

Comment

I'm taking the 3rd off as one of my 5 personal days off. Same with Christmas. Taking the 26th off as a personal day.

Comment

I took the week off for my vacation, we're traveling out of state. My vacations in the summer are unpaid, as I have families do daily rate for Summer Camp.

During the preschool year, they pay an annual tuition broken down monthly and all days off are paid.

Comment

I'll be taking both days off paid 😃
                              I do the same for thanksgiving and always take the Friday off paid

Comment

Working...
                              X