Cloth Diaper Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth Diaper Protocol

Do u guys think I should rinse off cloth diapers? I have a baby who pooped twice so bad today it was unbelievable and I just tried to get it off in the toilet...that's the extent...no rinsing and not a lot came off in the toilet...these parents are really going to be in for a surprise...is this acceptable?

Yup.

Don't rinse at all. Parents take home everything in a wet bag and rinse themselves before washing. If it stinks, place it outside on your porch.

This is not your responsibility. You could welcome cloth diaper liners and toss those into your disposable diaper pail if you are willing to separate and don't want to send home a bag full of poop.

Comment

Diaper cleaning is one thing I'm going to use to my advantage when I open my daycare. I'm going to also offer diaper cleaning services, and daycare parents get 1/2 price.

For your case, what doesn't fall off in the toilet would normally get sent home. You can do a quick rinse if you want to, but it's not your responsibility. I like happymom's advice, suggesting liners.
      Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
      They are also our future.

Comment

My kid had a poop like this yesterday (luckily at home), getting diapers like that sent home from daycare is absolutely the worst part of cloth diapering. I always dread seeing that "BM" on his daily report, .

Just remember that cloth diapering was their choice, not yours, the parents know that and I'm sure they appreciate your efforts. Most would not expect diapers to come home ready to throw in the wash.

It's not your responsibility though so don't feel responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Diaper cleaning is one thing I'm going to use to my advantage when I open my daycare. I'm going to also offer diaper cleaning services, and daycare parents get 1/2 price.

For your case, what doesn't fall off in the toilet would normally get sent home. You can do a quick rinse if you want to, but it's not your responsibility. I like happymom's advice, suggesting liners.
          Here in the states many places actually have regulations forbidding us to rinse or even drop loose stools in the commode... it's a sanitation issue as well as a health if the child has some disease or diarrhea etc. In my policies I state due to licensing rules, I have to pack up as is in the wet bag; it's parents issue how to clean. I tried a diaper service years ago and added it to fees, but they went under and parents ended up going back to their own cloths, so...

Comment

My state does not allow using a sink meant or used for handwashing to be used for rinsing feces or urine.

I wouldn't scrape, dump or handle in any way a cloth diaper (and its contents) any more than I would a disposable.

Everything is rolled bagged and sent home with the parent.

Comment

With my own kids I'd dump the poo into the toilet, but WI regs don't allow any dumping, rinsing, scraping, etc, of diapers or soiled clothing. It all goes into a bag and gets sent home.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyKidsCo View Post
                With my own kids I'd dump the poo into the toilet, but WI regs don't allow any dumping, rinsing, scraping, etc, of diapers or soiled clothing. It all goes into a bag and gets sent home.
                This is how I've handled it. I just snap the ones w poo. And go on w my day. Pee dipes stay unsnapped. I dont put wipes in them though. I toss those.

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
                  This is how I've handled it. I just snap the ones w poo. And go on w my day. Pee dipes stay unsnapped. I dont put wipes in them though. I toss those.
                  This is the perfect way to do it!

Comment

why would you do this? I am just honestly asking to see where you are coming from fyi

Comment

I cloth my own child but do not rinse other kids' diapers. Yuck. Plus it's against licensing.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
                        why would you do this? I am just honestly asking to see where you are coming from fyi
                        Diaper cleaning is one of many business ideas I have. It's something there is a demand for around here, and when I first started thinking about going into daycare about 9 years ago, I found that at that time, male daycare was not accepted anywhere around here, so I put the idea on a back burner. 3 years ago, I decided to bring the idea back to the foreground. Male daycare was starting to be accepted, and I had a few ideas to make my service unique. Basically, offer extras, one of those being diaper cleaning.

Nothing is definite yet. My daycare plans are still sitting on the burner, but the front one instead of the back one. :: I've been a business person since I was 13 and have done a variety of things, and usually 2 or 3 different things at a time. Right now, I have 3 actual businesses going, website hosting, home renovations, and woodworking, and have 3 little side things I do now and then, tutoring, camera and lens repairs, and teaching a photography course. When I go into daycare, it won't be JUST daycare.

Comment

Diaper cleaning is one of many business ideas I have. It's something there is a demand for around here, and when I first started thinking about going into daycare about 9 years ago, I found that at that time, male daycare was not accepted anywhere around here, so I put the idea on a back burner. 3 years ago, I decided to bring the idea back to the foreground. Male daycare was starting to be accepted, and I had a few ideas to make my service unique. Basically, offer extras, one of those being diaper cleaning.

Nothing is definite yet. My daycare plans are still sitting on the burner, but the front one instead of the back one. :: I've been a business person since I was 13 and have done a variety of things, and usually 2 or 3 different things at a time. Right now, I have 3 actual businesses going, website hosting, home renovations, and woodworking, and have 3 little side things I do now and then, tutoring, camera and lens repairs, and teaching a photography course. When I go into daycare, it won't be JUST daycare.

When I first opened my child care there was a cloth diaper service in my community. They would come pick up your dirty cloth diapers weekly and drop a new supply of freshly laundered, ready for use new ones.

Individual families and child cares (both in home and centers) could use them. I thought it was a brilliant idea and one I totally would have signed up for when my kids were young (if it had been available then) and for my child care but I was still too new/just starting out and the thought of cloth diapers and multiple babies still freaked me out.

They eventually closed up shop though...not because they did bad business wise but I think the owners got divorced and just went their separate ways.

Bummer because today, I know at least a dozen providers that would use this service in a heartbeat!! I have several parents that would as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            When I first opened my child care there was a cloth diaper service in my community. They would come pick up your dirty cloth diapers weekly and drop a new supply of freshly laundered, ready for use new ones.

Individual families and child cares (both in home and centers) could use them. I thought it was a brilliant idea and one I totally would have signed up for when my kids were young (if it had been available then) and for my child care but I was still too new/just starting out and the thought of cloth diapers and multiple babies still freaked me out.

They eventually closed up shop though...not because they did bad business wise but I think the owners got divorced and just went their separate ways.

Bummer because today, I know at least a dozen providers that would use this service in a heartbeat!! I have several parents that would as well!
                            That's why it's one of my business ideas. I researched and found there is a demand for the service. Even paying to have cloth diapers cleaned can still be cheaper in the end than using disposables. I haven't started daycare yet because I haven't relocated yet, and there is no need for more daycare around here, but there is no diaper cleaning service in this area, so I'm thinking about offering that service for now. That's something I can do while doing my home renovations and woodworking.

I've been told that one reason I'm not being successful (i.e. lots of money) is because I do too many things at a time. Life's too boring doing one thing at a time, and as for lots of money... I doubt anyone in daycare is rich. ::

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                              My state does not allow using a sink meant or used for handwashing to be used for rinsing feces or urine.

I wouldn't scrape, dump or handle in any way a cloth diaper (and its contents) any more than I would a disposable.

Everything is rolled bagged and sent home with the parent.

This. Its not sanitary to rinse in the sink. I had a family that used cloth diapers & wipes & they told me they had some sort of contraption that allows them to spray it all into the toilet at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X