Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to Avoid Letting a Parent Stay for a B’day Party...Am I Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
    "Sorry I only allow parents around the other dck during pickup and dropoff".

She sounds like a piece of work!
    I say this and I always add, "and at preschool events where every child's parent is present. It's for safety reasons. I'm sure you understand. "
    BYEBYE!

Comment

Be careful keeping parents who are already giving you this kind of trouble. The fact that she is watching your house is definitely a red flag. We see a lot of claims come from these types of parents. Be sure you document every conversation you have with her, especially if something she says seems off.
      DC Insurance Services, Inc.
      (800) 624-0912
      www.dcins.com

Comment

Originally posted by Daycare Insurance View Post
        Be careful keeping parents who are already giving you this kind of trouble. The fact that she is watching your house is definitely a red flag. We see a lot of claims come from these types of parents. Be sure you document every conversation you have with her, especially if something she says seems off.
        As soon as I read the part about her watching your house, I thought, NO WAY. I wouldn't care if it were my favorite kid. I would term for safety reasons. Not worth the risk.
        Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
        They are also our future.

Comment

I get your feelings and agree that you should seriously consider terming if you're not comfortable with her behavior.

However, in WI parents have the right to visit their child whenever they want, with or without notice, with or without prior approval. If it's the same in your state I'd be careful what you say to her so she doesn't file a complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyKidsCo View Post
            I get your feelings and agree that you should seriously consider terming if you're not comfortable with her behavior.

However, in WI parents have the right to visit their child whenever they want, with or without notice, with or without prior approval. If it's the same in your state I'd be careful what you say to her so she doesn't file a complaint.
            Oooo good point! I would never keep anyone from having access to their child, which is why I think I'll just be avoiding the subject all together. She's the type that would DIE if anyone was in the daycare around her child but would stand in the daycare & quiz us on each child & make snarky, rude comments disguised as compliments.

I am seriously considering terming again. My assistant saw her drive by my house the other day & almost run into my bushes looking at my house (it wasn't her child's care day). Thank you all for the great advice! Sometimes it's just not a fit & it's really too bad for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyKidsCo View Post

The law is the same here. HOWEVER.....parents have a right to THEIR child. they do not have a right to be around other people's children. I make this very, clear to my clients. No hanging out at daycare. they can have their child the second the get there. They can demand to see the areas their child plays in....but they must wait until I clear every other child out of the room first. I really, really mean it when I say no access to other people's kids. So hanging out at a birthday party is a big no.

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
                The law is the same here. HOWEVER.....parents have a right to THEIR child. they do not have a right to be around other people's children. I make this very, clear to my clients. No hanging out at daycare. they can have their child the second the get there. They can demand to see the areas their child plays in....but they must wait until I clear every other child out of the room first. I really, really mean it when I say no access to other people's kids. So hanging out at a birthday party is a big no.
                Thank you for pointing this out Meeko! This particular mom gives funny looks & makes comments about my OWN child when she sees her passing through. She wants NO ONE around her child but expects me to give her names, dates & personal info of all the other kids. We obviously give her NOTHING & encourage her to be in & out. If not, she needs to have access to HER CHILD right on out the door with her!

Comment

Working...
                X