Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to Avoid Letting a Parent Stay for a B’day Party...Am I Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackcat31
    replied
    Why would you continue to keep this family?

I understand liking the child but this mom's behavior is extreme and not something I'd be comfortable with.

If I were a parent that attended your care, I'd have MAJOR concerns about this situation.

Are the other parents aware of the shady behaviors this mom has towards you, your family and your program?

Leave a comment:

• TBird
    replied
    Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
    She needs a life. What she is doing is NOT okay. Borders on harassment, IMO. Watching you/your family/other families?? Not cool.
    Do other dcps hang around at their kids' birthdays? If not, explain that it's not allowed. If so, then I think I'd keep a lid on it for sanity's sake.
    YES...she watches my house during the week & on the weekends & comments on my kids & husband being home or not (hubby works FT & kids are teenagers & couldn't be bothered w/these kids for pay). Wants NO ONE around her kid but wants DETAILED info on everyone else's. I've already let her know that it's creepy & rude. She toned it WAY down but she still works an occasional nerve here & there.

Thank you for the advice everyone! I think I'll do what's best & avoid any problems.happyface

Leave a comment:

• daycarediva
    replied
    Kids only, I'll send you pictures!

Leave a comment:

• laundrymom
    replied
    "sorry mom, it's a kids only party. See you at pickup"
    "But I thought I'd stay?"
    "Nope. Sorry. I can't be my unrestrained , crazy party entertainment if there's a parent here. See you at pickup"
    Originally posted by TBird View Post
    We have "one of those parents" that we deal with sparingly because she brings down our mood in 2.2 seconds. She's a single mom with one child & she's very condescending, distrustful & snarky. She watches my house & family like a hawk. She admitted to being lonely & miserable with no friends & taking it out on us. She tries to get information about our other DCKs, I believe in an effort to start trouble.

I've mostly put her in "check" & she knows she has one foot on a banana peel. Drop-offs & pick-ups have become much faster. YES, I'm one of those who will terminate the daycare contract in a heartbeat! We work hard & we are good at what we do. Our day will NOT be ruined because of a parent's personal issues.

So my issue now is that the DCK's birthday is coming up. We usually do a very nice party with pizza, cupcakes & fruit. I believe she'll try to stick around for the party & I think I'll either lose my mind or lose my ASSISTANT!

Should we.....
    - Just avoid any birthday talk altogether?
    - Tell her somehow that she can't stay because of the other kids?
    - Buckle down, let her stay & run the risk of straining relations even further?:confused:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this DCK :hug: but I feel like any extended time with mom & it's a WRAP!!!

Leave a comment:

• DaveA
    replied
    If you can avoid it entirely, great. If you have to talk to her approach it is along the lines of most DCPs can't make these parties. So they are for DCKs only so that the children don't feel "left out" when it is their turn and DCP can't attend. Not sure it will work, but it least it's better than "Stay the #$^@ out!"

Leave a comment:

• Josiegirl
    replied
    She needs a life. What she is doing is NOT okay. Borders on harassment, IMO. Watching you/your family/other families?? Not cool.
    Do other dcps hang around at their kids' birthdays? If not, explain that it's not allowed. If so, then I think I'd keep a lid on it for sanity's sake.

Leave a comment:

• Trying to Avoid Letting a Parent Stay for a B’day Party...Am I Wrong?

We have "one of those parents" that we deal with sparingly because she brings down our mood in 2.2 seconds. She's a single mom with one child & she's very condescending, distrustful & snarky. She watches my house & family like a hawk. She admitted to being lonely & miserable with no friends & taking it out on us. She tries to get information about our other DCKs, I believe in an effort to start trouble.

I've mostly put her in "check" & she knows she has one foot on a banana peel. Drop-offs & pick-ups have become much faster. YES, I'm one of those who will terminate the daycare contract in a heartbeat! We work hard & we are good at what we do. Our day will NOT be ruined because of a parent's personal issues.

So my issue now is that the DCK's birthday is coming up. We usually do a very nice party with pizza, cupcakes & fruit. I believe she'll try to stick around for the party & I think I'll either lose my mind or lose my ASSISTANT!

Should we.....
    - Just avoid any birthday talk altogether?
    - Tell her somehow that she can't stay because of the other kids?
    - Buckle down, let her stay & run the risk of straining relations even further?:confused:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this DCK :hug: but I feel like any extended time with mom & it's a WRAP!!!
Working...
X