New DM Is Turning Out To Be Difficult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then this is what she should do. Not meaning to come off as rude but I always get a chuckle when I read providers saying they quit their jobs because they didn't trust anyone with their kids. It's funny because now you are a provider expecting someone to trust you to care for their children. 😂
    It is ironic! This is why I stayed home and took other peoples kids in because I know I am a great provider and thought that any parent and child would be happy to have me. I really thought that it was my way of making a difference in another childs life.

I always reassure nervous moms with pics and texts but when it becomes neurotic it is not about the seperation with the child it is about attention for the mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
      It is ironic! This is why I stayed home and took other peoples kids in because I know I am a great provider and thought that any parent and child would be happy to have me. I really thought that it was my way of making a difference in another childs life.

I always reassure nervous moms with pics and texts but when it becomes neurotic it is not about the seperation with the child it is about attention for the mom.
      So far I haven't had to deal with this type of parent. My dck's love coming to my house and I'm pretty sure the dcp can tell I take good care of their kids by their interactions with me. But I agree with your last sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So far I haven't had to deal with this type of parent. My dck's love coming to my house and I'm pretty sure the dcp can tell I take good care of their kids by their interactions with me. But I agree with your last sentence.
        My only client like this happened to be my college friend believe it or not! When someone you know and who knows you acts this mistrustful and seems to need constant reassurance before they even begin care then it really is about something else! Luckily I recognized it right away and didn't enroll her child.

I have had kids not happy to see me or be at daycare but it doesn't mean I am doing anything wrong. My own niece would throw a fit at drop off every day! Then there are other kids who get super excited when their parents say it is their day to see Ariana. I treat all those kids the same. I wish parents knew that!

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
          My only client like this happened to be my college friend believe it or not! When someone you know and who knows you acts this mistrustful and seems to need constant reassurance before they even begin care then it really is about something else! Luckily I recognized it right away and didn't enroll her child.

I have had kids not happy to see me or be at daycare but it doesn't mean I am doing anything wrong. My own niece would throw a fit at drop off every day! Then there are other kids who get super excited when their parents say it is their day to see Ariana. I treat all those kids the same. I wish parents knew that!
          Same here. 18 children enrolled (most are part timers) and 4 consistently throw huge meltdown tantrums in the entryway each time it is their day to come, even though some have been coming here for 2 years, I have a couple that occasionally get clingy/whiney if they haven't gotten enough sleep, and the rest leave Mom/Dad hanging for a kiss or hug because they're so happy to be here.

I think it's dependent upon the child's personality, the way they parent at home (those that have no structure or discipline at home don't care to come here because I DO have structure and discipline), how often the child uses electronics (those that are attached to screens don't prefer to come here because they only MIGHT get 5 minutes of computer time), etc. So many factors but I do see some common threads in my tantruming kids...

I just send a picture when they stop (usually right away) and go on with my day. I don't have time to worry about if their parent's trust me or not. I'm going to assume YES if they're dropping them off. My best suggestion to any parent would be to not take them somewhere you don't trust them to be safe/well cared for at...

Comment

My only advice is to just ask her what her concerns are and then respond. Once you've done something once though, that would be my limit. If she asks to see a space again, just politely tell her that you're not sure what good that will do since she's already seen it once.

If basic attempts at comforting her don't work, I think what a previous poster said about Nannyde's "Want To Be A SAHM" chapter in the book is spot on in your case!

Comment

Working...
            X