Parents and Doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
    See in Tennessee the state didn't expand the Medicaid under Obamacare; I'm still not covered @ won't be until age 60 - Why? because my income after taxes showed I was so poor that the waiver kicked in; I can't even afford the lowest plan offered without literally starving or not paying bills. So yeah, low income doesn't mean good insurance.
    I am in Tennessee and we just received a form to present when we have our taxes done as proof of insurance. There is a large penalty for persons that do not have insurance...I think the penalty is like $695. I understand the insurance debate because one of my brothers has a heart condition and has struggled to get insurance .......but it doesn't stop him from having to pay the penalty...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      That breaks my heart.

One would think that living in the "most" powerful country in the world that basic medical coverage for our youngest generation would be a focus of importance.

Im sorry if my post sounded snarky to you... I am apparently being misunderstood all over the board today so again, I apologize if I sounded 'snarky" in ANY way!

I am sooooo not feeling snarky today!
      Most kids I know in my area of the state have some form of insurance or can go to the health dept. Many pharmacies here even offer immunizations for a small price as well. You are right, you would think ALL CHILDREN would be covered!

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
        Most kids I know in my area of the state have some form of insurance or can go to the health dept. Many pharmacies here even offer immunizations for a small price as well. You are right, you would think ALL CHILDREN would be covered!
        I agree that they should, but it depends where you live. I was worried this year that DD would loose hers, because if we make another $400 or so a year, she will loose it. We barely qualify. Not sure how much it would cost to add her to the plan DH and I have, but that isn't even the thing. The thing is she would loose nearly all her coverage. Our plan covers next to nothing until we pay out the high deductible. And it doesn't cover dental or vision. So it always makes me wonder if parents just can't afford a doctor. I know two of my kids right now have no coverage. They are just above the cut off. Mom having just got her job in Jan is hoping she can afford what her job offers for the family now. The whole insurance thing is just a mess.

ETA: Our health Dept doesn't do any medical but they are the only place to get immunizations unless you want to pay full price. They do a sliding scale fee for them. The doctors offices won't even do them for those with insurance, because even the best plans here only pay $10 per shot according to our doctor. Many doctors here won't even stock them. You can get the flu shot at the pharmacy and a couple of others though.

Comment

Working...
        X