Parent Behavior - Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" I don't understand it, she never does this at home?"

Or the parent who stands inside the front door with both doors open, waiting for her child to crawl inside, while it's 10 outside.

Or the parent who keeps coming back to dck who's whining/crying for them not to leave. Just go already, I guarantee they will be okay! And if they're not, I'll call you.

Comment

I don't like the names some parents use for their child sometimes either....i.e. heifer, hellyun, etc.....that bothers me.

Comment

My current pet peeve is, when I have to address an issue with dcb, his mom and/or dad say "He got that (behavior) from his sister." With this excuse they feel it's out of their hands, so nothing for them to worry about. :confused:

I don't care where the behavior came from I just want it worked on.

Comment

Do I have to pay you for Tuesday when you were closed? YES. Do I have to pay you for Wednesday when DCK was sick? YES. Even from a parent who has been here for years, I still get the question. You pay the same every week. PERIOD.

Comment

Calling and texting me after hours and on weekends with questions that are answered ad pick up, and then getting mad when I don't respond. Just like any business establishment, I do close. I do have times when I do not want to deal with you, or your family drama. We have business relationship, we are not besties!

Comment

I have one parent who picks up right on the dot of closing or a bare minute after. Not enough to be "late" but enough to be annoying. Especially since parent is a teacher and is the last one to pick up each day.
              And as the wife of a teacher I know all too well that teachers can't leave when students do, etc. but when you agree to come to a day care that you know closes at x time, then you need to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
                I have one parent who picks up right on the dot of closing or a bare minute after. Not enough to be "late" but enough to be annoying. Especially since parent is a teacher and is the last one to pick up each day.
                And as the wife of a teacher I know all too well that teachers can't leave when students do, etc. but when you agree to come to a day care that you know closes at x time, then you need to make it work.
                I have a parent that tried this as well...she come running in and said "it was 4:30 when I pulled in the drive" and I said "you owe $10 for the minute it took you to get in here":: NOPE, not happened again and the child still comes....been here a year this spring. ::

Comment

not bringing in back up clothing after I sent up an email and a text reminder

or the oh, I didn't know when it has been posted for months and months in every news letter, all over the daycare and you were sent reminders.

their issues are not my issues

Comment

I have this EXACT same situation. She literally comes at 5pm every single day. NEVER a minute earlier. It's almost as if she hangs out at the end of the street and drives up at 5pm because I have no idea how you can be that exact. Every other parent I have ever dealt with, including her husband that does drop off, comes anywhere within a 15 minute time frame. Never at the exact same time each day....she is also a teacher She also hangs out chatting for at least 10-15 minutes during pickup and lets her kid walk all over my house in their boots because she wants ME to parent her child for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                      I have this EXACT same situation. She literally comes at 5pm every single day. NEVER a minute earlier. It's almost as if she hangs out at the end of the street and drives up at 5pm because I have no idea how you can be that exact. Every other parent I have ever dealt with, including her husband that does drop off, comes anywhere within a 15 minute time frame. Never at the exact same time each day....she is also a teacher She also hangs out chatting for at least 10-15 minutes during pickup and lets her kid walk all over my house in their boots because she wants ME to parent her child for her.
                      Ugh! And since she's technically on time..
                      Since she's my last one I have her ready to go and practically toss her out the door No hanging out ::

Comment

Since she's my last one I have her ready to go and practically toss her out the door No hanging out ::
                        I SOOOOO want to have the balls to do this! hahaha! I just feel too bad about it.

Comment

I changed my handbook/contract to read that pick up time = closing time. Basically, whatever time they have contracted for means that their child is picked up, readied, and exited the building by their pick up time. So 5:30 means they are out of here by 5:30, not sauntering in at that time. Because I had that parent, too.

Comment

I actually had to change my policies to state that you must be here in time to get your kid dressed to leave and be off my property BEFORE closing time or I will charge the late fee.

Getting here AT closing time and then spending an additional 15-20 minutes wasting my personal time does not sit well with me. I want to go home AT 5:01PM not a single minute later.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                              I actually had to change my policies to state that you must be here in time to get your kid dressed to leave and be off my property BEFORE closing time or I will charge the late fee.

Getting here AT closing time and then spending an additional 15-20 minutes wasting my personal time does not sit well with me. I want to go home AT 5:01PM not a single minute later.
                              We must have posted at the same time.

Comment

I SOOOOO want to have the balls to do this! hahaha! I just feel too bad about it.
                                I do this! And then I go out behind them and start my car buhbye!

Comment

Working...
                                X