Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother Telling Child Certain Foods Cause Cancer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh geeze! I wouldn't say anything. One of them told me his mom gives him 'healthy chocolate' I was curious and asked.... chocolate coated fiber one bars. We differ on the meaning of 'healthy'.

Comment

..yeah that is not healthy that is junk with a health label....

Comment

What is wrong with tomatoes?

Comment

Originally posted by hope View Post
          I don't think anything is wrong with the tomatoes. Some of the new linings in cans have raised some concern. But that would be many fruits and veggies that are canned.

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
            :: Either the kid is very well endowed or......!::
            ::::::

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
              :: Either the kid is very well endowed or......!::
              I'm so sorry! I probably shouldn't have gone there but it's been one of "those" days and that just made me laugh so hard! If only parents knew what their kids tell us!::
              WOW! This thread took a turn I wasn't expecting.:: I had kid at a center tell me that me not wearing pajamas on PJ Day (I never did it because I walked to work there) would make her Mom mad because "Mommy told Grandma she wanted to see you in your pajamas!" And of course the girl was SOOOOO proud to let Mom know she had warned me how mad Mommy was about it. That woman wouldn't talk to me for a month afterwards.

As for the food, I don't do microwave popcorn. I make it on the stove with the kids watching. They think it's some sort of alchemy, although I did have one kid ask me "Don't you know the RIGHT way to make popcorn? You know- in the MICROWAVE?":confused:

Comment

Originally posted by DaveArmour View Post
                WOW! This thread took a turn I wasn't expecting.:: I had kid at a center tell me that me not wearing pajamas on PJ Day (I never did it because I walked to work there) would make her Mom mad because "Mommy told Grandma she wanted to see you in your pajamas!" And of course the girl was SOOOOO proud to let Mom know she had warned me how mad Mommy was about it. That woman wouldn't talk to me for a month afterwards.

As for the food, I don't do microwave popcorn. I make it on the stove with the kids watching. They think it's some sort of alchemy, although I did have one kid ask me "Don't you know the RIGHT way to make popcorn? You know- in the MICROWAVE?":confused:
                I make mine on the stove too and it seems alien to everyone.

Comment

We bought a popcorn popper just for fun as it has a clear cover which when turned upside down after popping makes a bowl for the popcorn. The grandkids like to watch it popping. Mostly though we discovered that it tastes so much better than the microwave kind. I have also tried the regular brown paper bag in microwave. It works great. We do use popcorn oil in the popper but you don't have to.

Laurel

Comment

This is why I love posting on this site. I actually learned something today. I honestly did not realize that microwave popcorn was bad. I will not be using it anymore. I guess I used it out of convenience. I do have a big popcorn machine that we use sometimes and they love waiting for it to start popping. Time to start taking a look at what is "healthy" again.
                    Thanks everyone.

Comment

Speaking of convenience and popcorn.... ::

Do any of you remember this:
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Blackcat31; 03-20-2015, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

The version we take camping ... Love it

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

wow what in the world is that????

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                            wow what in the world is that????
                            LOL! :: Here is the short version...

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

Comment

Originally posted by hope View Post
                              Ok here goes! Tomatoes are gassed with chemicals so that they ripen and turn red on trucks. That way the tomato is nice and red when it arrives at the store. Most tomatoes come from Florida where this is practiced. Tomatoes are also Genetically Modified Organisms. This basically means that most tomatoes that are not grown organically have spliced genes to make them bigger, redder, rounder etc. They also make them frost resistant by splicing them with arctic char genes....yes that's a fish!

Some people think these chemicals and GMO foods are responsible for the increasing numbers of cancer and diabetes in our country.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                                Ok here goes! Tomatoes are gassed with chemicals so that they ripen and turn red on trucks. That way the tomato is nice and red when it arrives at the store. Most tomatoes come from Florida where this is practiced. Tomatoes are also Genetically Modified Organisms. This basically means that most tomatoes that are not grown organically have spliced genes to make them bigger, redder, rounder etc. They also make them frost resistant by splicing them with arctic char genes....yes that's a fish!

Some people think these chemicals and GMO foods are responsible for the increasing numbers of cancer and diabetes in our country.
                                and autism.

I buy organic tomatoes and we have an air popper for popcorn. No microwave.

Comment

Working...
                                X