Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wants To Be Involved In Software Trials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wants To Be Involved In Software Trials?

Hi all,

Our company is developing daycare management software and we're looking for some trial users. This forum has been a great place for us to get feedback so we wanted to offer it here first.

You'd be using a "beta" (basically brand new) software and letting us know what you think. You can't hurt our feelings because it's all about the feedback we get from people, so we'd like to know what you like and what you don't like.

Is anyone interested in helping out?

Thanks!
    Jeff

What are some of the things your new software will do for daycare management?

Comment

We've focused in on three main areas

1. Project class openings. You can look at each class schedule and play around with your enrollment. Ie. See when opening are coming available, move kids forward, backward etc.... a place to play around and keep the schedule optimized.

2. Automates administrative work ie. billing and yearly tax receipts

3. and keeps things organized by keeping a record of children, medical info, parents, who can drop off and pick up children etc.

Are you home based or center based?

Comment

My daycare is home based.

Comment

Will it work on Macs?

If I were to stay open I would have tested on a Mac if its compatible.

Comment

I am home based but I would be interested in learning more......or trying it out. I am working with some varying schedules right now so I would be interested in that aspect. I use MMK for book-keeping and accounting but would be interested in software that told me when kids' immunizations are due to be updated... or software where I can maybe make quick notes or observations to a child's personal file. Right now I just manually write down things about individual kids/days/behaviors etc. Time consuming and hard to keep track of. I'd like to see some software that allows me to add my name and business info to lettes, notes home, notices, bills, reminders and any correspondence to parents. I can do it (and do) with Microsoft Word but it takes time. I'm a fill in the blank kind of gal. I'd like to type in a child's name and be able to view EVERYTHING I need to know about the child. ie. DOB, parent contact, behavior notes, imm updates, payment schedules, number of absences, and anything else we have to record. I always worry about the "what if" factor...what if I had to have an emergency substitute and I couldn't possibly tell them all the little things about a child that I keep stored in my head. I know I am asking the impossible but I am trying to put out there what I would like to see.....
            Oh, and I have the worst time trying to remember where I put all my records of trainings and classes and CPR and 1st aide cards I have....I put them here and there and can never find them when I need them. We're also required to do a monthy crib inspection sheet (like the sign off sheets for cleaning restrooms they post on back of doors in Target) and I always lose mine!?!? LOL!!!!

Comment

I'd be interested in taking a look at it. Would I download it on-line or would you send a disc?

Comment

I'd be interested...

Comment

I would be interested. I don't currently have a software program at all and am looking for something useful. I'm tired of making receipts on "invoice templates" in microsoft publisher.

Comment

This is great, an online meeting is probably the best way to get everyone logged on and using the program. Let's give it a day to see who else wants to be to be involved, and then I'll post some details on logistics for this.

Blackcat31, you've basically summarized a portion of what the software will do... thanks. One question for you, why track immunizations? Do you need to remind the parents as to when they should be renewed? (I ask because in Canada daycares are not responsible for this).

One statement, we've thought about adding the ability to track training records ie. CPR due etc... we're not sure if it's making the first release yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Sandbox View Post
                      Blackcat31, you've basically summarized a portion of what the software will do... thanks. One question for you, why track immunizations? Do you need to remind the parents as to when they should be renewed? (I ask because in Canada daycares are not responsible for this).
                      Yes, I've always been under the understanding that I cannot allow kids to get behind on imms and I have to keep up-to date records at all times and must remind everyone when imms are due and need to be up-dated. I have to verbally remind parents now and go through folders/files to see if all children's stuff is up-to-date. (Unless they are conscientiously opposed to imms...but they sign accordingly for that)

If your software does what I summarized....I AM IN!!!!! I think the record keeping is the hardest part of this job....the rest is a cake-walk compared to being on top of all the papers and files and records and time and calculating and double checking etc etc....
                      Last edited by Michael; 01-05-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I'd like to try it out too.

Comment

Do you have to be licensed to try it out?

Comment

Hey Little People, no you don't have to be licensed to try it out, are you home based?

I have another questions to pose, what's your opinions on pricing? We're thinking about pricing the software differently based on whether you're home based or a center.

Comment

Crystal the software is web based which means it gets accessed over the internet. No discs, no installations.

I've let our product manager know that you folks would like to be involved in giving us feedback. He's going to have a "beta" site ready by early next week.

The software's not even ready so you'll all have a direct influence on what's good, and what needs changing. Looking forward to this!

Comment

Working...
                              X