Worst Part??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Part??

What's the worst thing about our career??

For me? DISHES. I loathe them as much as Glinda and Elphaba loathed each other at the start of Wicked.

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post

For me? DISHES. I loathe them as much as Glinda and Elphaba loathed each other at the start of Wicked.
    THIS QUESTION IS EASY!!! QRIS ASSESSMENT!

Comment

For me, the tedium. The potty/diaper routine, preparing food, cleaning it up, then do it all over again....and again. If I had someone to do those things for me, oh, the projects we could do! Those routines just eat up so much of my time.

Comment

The long hours.
        Currently I'm 7-530
        After I move I'm going to attempt 7-4 but not sure I'll find any families

Comment

Originally posted by Rockgirl View Post
          For me, the tedium. The potty/diaper routine, preparing food, cleaning it up, then do it all over again....and again. If I had someone to do those things for me, oh, the projects we could do! Those routines just eat up so much of my time.
          I cut out morning snack and now do lunch a little earlier which gives a larger amount of time in the morning to allow for activities, free play, etc... I provide breakfast but all children have to be here by 7:30 to eat. All children have to arrive by 8 or be considered absent. Lunch is at 10:15 and nap at 11:30. PM snack is at 2:00. This way I am not cleaning up meals all day long!

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
            THIS QUESTION IS EASY!!! QRIS ASSESSMENT!
            Is this a requirement? I've noticed several people mention it and I'm unfamiliar with it.

Comment

Wear and tear on my home and not being able to furnish it the way I'd like without thinking about how the kids will use/abuse/or destroy it.

Comment

Is this a requirement? I've noticed several people mention it and I'm unfamiliar with it.
                It is in my state and has been annually since 2002. Is is a law for all group/family/center here but I think it may be voluntary elsewhere but it will make it's way around.....just a matter of time. BTW, we were told QRIS would be voluntary in the beginning but BAM it became a law before providers could blink.
                Last edited by Annalee; 02-10-2015, 11:19 AM. Reason: added

Comment

I love my dishwasher. I run it twice a day. My kids all line up, help/serve themselves, and clear their own dishes (place them on the counter as they are excused from the table 1 at a time). I do a quick rinse and load the dishwasher. I run it after lunch, then before I wake them up I unload it. I also prep as much as possible the night before.

For me..... it's parents who don't put their child first.

Comment

It is in my state and has been annually since 2002. Is is a law for all group/family/center here but I think it may be voluntary elsewhere but it will make it's way around.....just a matter of time.
                    Do you know how it's different than accreditation? I'm a NAFCC accredited provider. Level 4 paths to Quality. I've just not done much with naeyc because I'm limited to 10 kids. That's why I went NAFCC.

Comment

Do you know how it's different than accreditation? I'm a NAFCC accredited provider. Level 4 paths to Quality. I've just not done much with naeyc because I'm limited to 10 kids. That's why I went NAFCC.
                      I was NAFCC Accredited for 6 years and only let mine run out because funding ceased here. I loved it! Accreditation is set up for providers to succeed. The NAFCC observer is a child care provider. FCCERS-R Assessment is set up for providers to fail. The observor is someone with a degree that uses her perception of the FCCERS-R book leading to major inconsistencies and is unrealistic to meet all requirements. Does that make sense? The provider's report card here is based solely on the ASSESSMENT score. Therefore a provider can have an early childhood degree, be Accredited and have a CDA but if they do not score high enough on the assessment their report card receives a big fat 0. Something is wrong with that. I generally score well but it is a game after so many years. I do not believe one assessment day a year should define providers for another year. Give providers credit for the other components on their report card like Family involvement, professional growth, developmental learning, etc. The Assessment holds too much weight.

Comment

I was NAFCC Accredited for 6 years and only let mine run out because funding ceased here. I loved it! Accreditation is set up for providers to succeed. The NAFCC observer is a child care provider. FCCERS-R Assessment is set up for providers to fail. The observor is someone with a degree that uses her perception of the FCCERS-R book leading to major inconsistencies and is unrealistic to meet all requirements. Does that make sense? The provider's report card here is based solely on the ASSESSMENT score. Therefore a provider can have an early childhood degree, be Accredited and have a CDA but if they do not score high enough on the assessment their report card receives a big fat 0. Something is wrong with that. I generally score well but it is a game after so many years. I do not believe one assessment day a year should define providers for another year. Give providers credit for the other components on their report card like Family involvement, professional growth, developmental learning, etc. The Assessment holds too much weight.
                        Ahhh I see. In that case I would agree. Indiana hasn't mentioned it yet. We are still trying to get people licensed! Grrrr.

Comment

Parents....anything to do with the parents.

Comment

Paperwork. For the state, for taxes...
                            I get more organized every year, but I still don't like it.

Comment

Not being able to take part in homeschooling groups during the week or do very much volunteer work

Comment

Working...
                              X