X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hope
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Witnessing little people, who still use the bathroom in their pants, being placed in charge of their entire family unit. Then, dealing with those repercussions.
    Hahaha! I know this is serious but I like how you worded it. Really is crazy!

Leave a comment:

• daycare
    replied
    When the kids age out.

I'm already crying thinking about it.

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Witnessing little people, who still use the bathroom in their pants, being placed in charge of their entire family unit. Then, dealing with those repercussions.

Leave a comment:

• Janiam
    replied
    Interesting thread. For me at this moment parents are the worst part, but as someone else I may be a little jaded right now with my current situation. Typically I would taxes and parents who think it's ok to give their kids laxatives before sending them to DC

Leave a comment:

• blueskiesbutterflies
    replied
    Originally posted by hope View Post
    Parents....anything to do with the parents.

Leave a comment:

• kendallina
    replied
    Not having coworkers. I feel like I do a good job as a preschool teacher, but I do a good job because of everything that I learned from former coworkers, so I feel like I'm no longer growing as a professional. Also, sometimes I just need to vent about parents or talk about whether something is a developmental issue or whatever. I miss coworkers so much!

Also, when talking to others I don't feel like they understand what I do. I don't think they understand that I am a business owner and I work hard and am a professional. I take what I do very seriously-I am helping to raise little people to be productive citizens (well, kindergarteners) and I just don't feel like this profession receives the recognition it deserves.

Besides that, I love LOVE love what I do.

Leave a comment:

• Luna
    replied
    The hours. 5:50am to 5:00 pm I'm in bed by 8:30, so there isn't much time for "real" life.

Leave a comment:

• Baby Beluga
    replied
    For me, this job causes a huge amount of anxiety.

Anxiety to make sure everything is clean.

Anxiety due to working all day, then cleaning up, then running errands to make sure "xyz" are done, then running home to cook dinner and then rushing through bed and bedtime routine with my DD.

The anxiety of advertising and trying to make sure I am full.

I have just been one big ball of stress and anxiousness lately and that is my least favorite thing.

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    1. Not feeling like my house is my own.

2. Dishes and constant cleaning (for daycare and my own family)

3. Parents who expect greatness from their child but are not willing to contribute in making that happen.

4. Parents.

Leave a comment:

• laundrymom
    replied
    I'm learning of tons to add to my contract!!

My dishwasher went belly up THREE WEEKS AGO!! And I'm saving for a new one.

Leave a comment:

• daycarediva
    replied
    Horrible parents. Maybe I'm jaded the last few weeks. There is very little regard for the child's well being going on with 2 parents, both now gone.

Kids behavior- I have screen addicts and children who just do NOT listen. By Friday, we're good to go and Monday morning brings me back wild crazy children. What do they DO to them over the weekend? (Sugar, no naps, no routine, late nights, processed food, unlimited screens, no outside time...)

It's a growing trend, and I'm over it. I am now specifically asking at interviews if the child has a tablet/ipad, what a day off for their child is like, and then not offering spaces to those families who won't mesh.

Leave a comment:

• Play Care
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyKidsCo View Post
    This. Especially now that our youngest are 10 & 8, so there's less chance of our own kids destroying something.

Also, constantly having to take non-daycare things that my family left behind out of the daycare space.
    Same here - I feel as though I spend my days cleaning up after everyone else. Cleaning up the things left by the family so dck's can't get into things, and cleaning up from day care so my family isn't tripping over dc stuff. It's getting exhausting

Leave a comment:

• LK5kids
    replied
    Isolation and loneliness!

Leave a comment:

• LysesKids
    replied
    Originally posted by permanentvacation View Post
    The loneliness for adult companionship.

I could complain for weeks about how horrible it is that parents aren't involved in their children's lives, come to daycare late, pick their kids' noses, etc. But the part of this job that truly damages me is being lonely. I don't have any adults in my life other than my one sister who lives in Florida that I talk to on the phone. My older daughter moved away to college over 3 years ago. My younger daughter (now 17 years old. Her birthday was yesterday) hangs out with me for a short time each day when she gets home from school and when she goes to the kitchen to get something to eat. But she mainly does her own thing. I am with the daycare kids (or one daycare kid) during the day, then by myself practically all night and all weekend. Yeah, the loneliness is the worst part of the job for me.
    BINGO... this is me; the loneliness got worse after my youngest went off to college 4 years ago... All my family are still up by you, so it's phone calls only. I have some great friends that I met when I moved here, so it's not crappy everyday, just some days . Heck even the guy I have been trying to date has a crap schedule at work at the moment and he's all frustrated that we may not get to see each other for our Valentines date ( He works a contract homeland)

Leave a comment:

• AmyKidsCo
    replied
    Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
    Wear and tear on my home and not being able to furnish it the way I'd like without thinking about how the kids will use/abuse/or destroy it.
    This. Especially now that our youngest are 10 & 8, so there's less chance of our own kids destroying something.

Also, constantly having to take non-daycare things that my family left behind out of the daycare space.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X