Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paperwork
    Wear and tear on my home
    Doing something I really don't want to because it gets me clients (be it working longer hours, transprorting to preschool, etc.)
    Getting stuck with all the housework, errands, cooking, etc because I'm home

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
      Wear and tear on my home and not being able to furnish it the way I'd like without thinking about how the kids will use/abuse/or destroy it.
      This and always feeling like I don't have privacy in my own home. This would be solved if I had a separate daycare space...in which case I think not having an adult to talk to during work is a bit tough sometimes. I feel like I regress to babytalking if I don't get out of the house or talk to an adult at least once a day...

Comment

Paperwork would be my number 1 closely followed by the changes I've seen in parent expectations and the regression of children when it comes to mastering their self-help skills.
        Too many parents wanting their young children to know things like A,B,C's and to potty train when they aren't ready and to many children who havent mastered the social/emotional or self help skills that they should have for their age.

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
          Is this a requirement? I've noticed several people mention it and I'm unfamiliar with it.
          As AnnaLee said, in our state it is required now... that is unless you stay license exempt like me. Means fewer kids and not as much pay for subsidy, but being I am infant only, even licensed I could only take 4 like I do now. As I get older, I'm sort of grateful I don't chase preschoolers

Comment

It's the same thing day in and day out. BORING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
              Ahhh I see. In that case I would agree. Indiana hasn't mentioned it yet. We are still trying to get people licensed! Grrrr.
              If you are a Level 4 in Paths to Quality you are already participating in your state's QRIS program at it's highest/max level.

QRIS page for your state https://occqrisguide.icfwebservices....nfo&stateID=64

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
                Paperwork
                Wear and tear on my home
                Doing something I really don't want to because it gets me clients (be it working longer hours, transprorting to preschool, etc.)
                Getting stuck with all the housework, errands, cooking, etc because I'm home
                That (bolded) is my favorite part of this job.

The worst part for me is having to be an observer of the same song and dance some parents need to do everyday with their child at drop off and/or pick up.

It's hard to see the awesome, independent happy little kids I have during the day morph into these strange little creatures that whine and fuss about things they normally manage with ease every other day.

Comment

Paperwork, parents, and setting up for rest time!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                    If you are a Level 4 in Paths to Quality you are already participating in your state's QRIS program at it's highest/max level.

QRIS page for your state https://occqrisguide.icfwebservices....nfo&stateID=64

Well cool!! I'm on year 5 of being accredited I think. It wasn't super hard. Mostly making my program and their guidelines mesh.

Comment

Diapers are my least favorite part!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                        That (bolded) is my favorite part of this job.

The worst part for me is having to be an observer of the same song and dance some parents need to do everyday with their child at drop off and/or pick up.

It's hard to see the awesome, independent happy little kids I have during the day morph into these strange little creatures that whine and fuss about things they normally manage with ease every other day.
                        I hate drop offs and pickups for this reason...so awkward. I had a grandma pickup and have no clue how to get dcb in his jacket once he started crying. I had to step in and dress him which is rare for me to do but it was entirely out of control at that point where the grandma was even saying she didn't know what to do...so awkward.

I liked paperwork until I had all sorts of taxes to remember to pay when I hired help when I was pregnant. Ick...

Comment

Dishes
                          I have no dishwasher!

Turning my entire living space into a daycare.
                          I live in a one bedroom apartment and the whole thing is a daycare, but my one bedroom….well, that's just daycare storage, a bed to sleep, and some dressers to store our clothes. I have no couch (needed more space for daycare), I eat dinner on a fold-out kids table, and I just want to scream some days. I have a second evening job that I go to and work till midnight (sometimes 2am) and my husband works 12-15 hour days, so we actually spend very little time "living" in our apartment….but still. We're saving for a house so we're making temporary sacrifices I guess.

Comment

Dishes - just because I have been hated it whole my life.
                            Weekly reports - just because English is my second language.

Comment

The loneliness for adult companionship.

I could complain for weeks about how horrible it is that parents aren't involved in their children's lives, come to daycare late, pick their kids' noses, etc. But the part of this job that truly damages me is being lonely. I don't have any adults in my life other than my one sister who lives in Florida that I talk to on the phone. My older daughter moved away to college over 3 years ago. My younger daughter (now 17 years old. Her birthday was yesterday) hangs out with me for a short time each day when she gets home from school and when she goes to the kitchen to get something to eat. But she mainly does her own thing. I am with the daycare kids (or one daycare kid) during the day, then by myself practically all night and all weekend. Yeah, the loneliness is the worst part of the job for me.

Comment

The sometimes inconsistent paycheck with the revolving door of daycare. :dislike:

Things can change so quickly with daycare, good parents gone bad, illness, family's circumstances have changed, dcp's loss of job.

Makes for an uneasy feeling when you have to rely on your daycare income.

Comment

Working...
                                X