No announcement yet.

Parents Won't Feed Their Child Enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Leigh, buy a container of baby cereal and add it to he stage 2- makes it more filling. Hopefully you won't need it Friday, but better safe than sorry!

Comment

Speaking to the ladies in the infant room where I work , your guy seems to be eating exactly what most of their 7, 8 , 9 and even 10 month olds eat . They told me most have a stage 1 or 2 in the morning , a bottle about an hour or so later , baby food again around noon or 1 , another bottle an hour after that, one more bottle later that afternoon and that's it . Some of them are in daycare for 10 hours everyday ! So maybe the little one isn't "starving " after all .

Comment

The fact that he is crying the way he is and then shakes his hands and arms frantically at the sight of a bottle or food, then sucks it down as if he's not eaten in weeks, is a sign that he is unreasonably hungry. If he didn't cry like he does and didn't react like that, then I would say, that's just his feeding schedule and the foods he eats. But going by his behavior, he's excessively hungry and needs more food.

Then, since his mother finally admitted to me that they have been feeding him stage 3 food and table food at home, but only send me stage 2 food completely proves that he is used to more substantial food and truly is hungry here.

Comment

It's like he's 'well-fed' at home then thrown on a diet at daycare.

Comment

Originally posted by permanentvacation View Post
            The fact that he is crying the way he is and then shakes his hands and arms frantically at the sight of a bottle or food, then sucks it down as if he's not eaten in weeks, is a sign that he is unreasonably hungry. If he didn't cry like he does and didn't react like that, then I would say, that's just his feeding schedule and the foods he eats. But going by his behavior, he's excessively hungry and needs more food.

Then, since his mother finally admitted to me that they have been feeding him stage 3 food and table food at home, but only send me stage 2 food completely proves that he is used to more substantial food and truly is hungry here.
            One thing we all know is that there is no "normal" when it comes to feeding babies. It's the reason that they need to be fed on demand. I have an 11 month old here who has eaten and eaten and eaten all day long since she was born. Just a few weeks ago, she started to slow down. When she's hungry she eats, when she's not, she doesn't. It's always been that way. It is rather alarming to see a baby down a large amount of food, but if they're healthy, normal weight, not spitting it back up-that's a sign that they really did need it. I'm sure that the baby you have is just one of those who loves to eat.

Comment

His mother forgot to bring his cereal this morning. Luckily I got him some jars of baby food yesterday. However, due to his father getting a promotion (which they have been telling me might happen) and them being able to change their work hours, his last day here will be Tuesday. This morning, I added 1/2 of a jar of the baby food I bought to the fruit and bottle they sent for breakfast and he's been happy as a lark!

Comment

He has not cried all day! I knew it! He just needed a little more food that was more substantial than the liquidy stuff they have been giving me! Since I fed him an extra 1/2 jar of substantial food, today has been the best day he and I have had in weeks!

Comment

His mother forgot to bring his cereal this morning. Luckily I got him some jars of baby food yesterday. However, due to his father getting a promotion (which they have been telling me might happen) and them being able to change their work hours, his last day here will be Tuesday. This morning, I added 1/2 of a jar of the baby food I bought to the fruit and bottle they sent for breakfast and he's been happy as a lark!
                  They quit on you? Ugh!

Comment

In their defense, they have been telling me for a couple of weeks that if the dad gets this promotion that he was hoping to get, they were hoping that he would also get new hours so they could switch mom's hours a little so they would not need daycare sometime by mid-January. I did mention that on this thread. I was, however, hoping they wouldn't get the hours they needed to be able to keep him home and would still need daycare.

I thought he would be here at least until mid-January though. Not just a couple of more days.

But the fact that I've been telling them for a couple of weeks that he's hungry and then the mom finally told me that they feed him so much more substantial food at home than they send me here really upsets me.
                    Last edited by permanentvacation; 12-19-2014, 02:32 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

In their defense, they have been telling me for a couple of weeks that if the dad gets this promotion that he was hoping to get, they were hoping that he would also get new hours so they could switch mom's hours a little so they would not need daycare sometime by mid-January. I did mention that on this thread. I was, however, hoping they wouldn't get the hours they needed to be able to keep him home and would still need daycare.

I thought he would be here at least until mid-January though. Not just a couple of more days.

But the fact that I've been telling them for a couple of weeks that he's hungry and then the mom finally told me that they feed him so much more substantial food at home than they send me here really upsets me.
                      You don't require a two week notice?

Comment

Years ago, when I lived in a more decent area, I did and had no problem getting two weeks' pay along with a written notice. But in this area, many parents would flip out when they read that in the contract during the interview and then whether they had flipped out about it or not, no one would pay it. They would just not show up one day. Sometimes they would never answer my phone calls when I called to try to find out what was going on. Other parents would answer the phone and very abruptly say 'he's not coming back' and then quickly hang up. Whenever I got a chance to get a couple of words in to tell them they owe the two weeks' notice, they'd say they don't have the money and they aren't going to pay for what they don't need.

So, I gave up trying to expect it. By not requiring a two weeks' notice, at least the parents now tell me ahead of time that they are leaving or might be leaving. I am not getting a financial two weeks notice now, but at least I get a verbal heads up so I can start advertising.

I tried to make parents pay their two weeks notice when the first start coming here, by raising the rate for the first couple of weeks telling them that the extra money goes towards their last two weeks notice. They flipped out over that too.

Comment

That is a lot of food. the problem is not he needs more food. It may be the fact he is constantly eating so never gets hungry.
                          It:: will wait

Comment

Working...
                          X