It's Official, I Have Now Seen Everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bookworm View Post
    We do have video so i told my Director to watch. She did get a call and they will be meeting tonight. My Director also called the other parent or thank her and apologize for this morning. We have done door dropoffs before for other parents but it's been a while. We've also had to ask parents to leave because they were a distraction. We only have to do for the Kingons. The few kids that cry at drop off, their parents get them settled in or hands them off to one'll us and leaves. The sad part is that DCK really looks forward to coming to DC and Mom is doing everything to sabotage this. Now I don't know if she did this at their former center, but seems to me that she is too comfortable using psychological abuse on her own child. And then to freely act like that in front of anybody? My mind is officially blown. BTW, feel free to steal "Klingons".
    Totally stealing Klingons!

Glad your director is taking the bull by the horns and not just blowing you off. Please keep us posted. This is better than a soap opera!

Comment

Unbelievable!! What kind of parent does this????? Please let us know the outcome?

Comment

"Koy ve duka ga cot dout"

That is Klingon for "Kindly get the fudge out"::

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post

::............
          That's exactly how it sounds on Star Trek too!

Comment

sr

:::::: Sugar you just made me spit. I swear, ever since the new owner took over, it's been one crazy after another. I'll post update during nap.

Comment

O.M.G. Un-freakin-believable.

I had a Klingon who wouldn't leave until her child was upset, but never to that extent.

Interested to see what happens next...

Comment

Klingon...Haha
                It actually states in my handbook that drop off's need to be short and sweet, no more than 5 minutes. I would lose my mind if I had a "Klingon".... My parents are great about that, most of them drop and dash, and one waits until I distract her kid with another activity and she slips out the door. Otherwise he has a melt down when she leaves.
                It's really horrible that this mom is doing that to her kid, and what's worse is that the girl ENJOYS coming to daycare! In my mind, what she's doing is no different than mom pinching the little girl until she cries! How mean!

Comment

What we would give collectively to the charity of your choice to watch this video

Sadly we can all easily imagine it.

Parental Attention Seeking Syndrome (PASS) parent. I have a chapter in my book about these parents. I wish I would have heard this one BEFORE I wrote it. It's the best PASS story I have ever heard... ever.
                  http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                    What we would give collectively to the charity of your choice to watch this video

Sadly we can all easily imagine it.

Parental Attention Seeking Syndrome (PASS) parent. I have a chapter in my book about these parents. I wish I would have heard this one BEFORE I wrote it. It's the best PASS story I have ever heard... ever.
                    I actually referenced your book after reading this one. I went right to the PASS chapter.

There is always an updated version.

Comment

Oh great- A Trekkie. The bane of my knifemakeing existence. Really funny though. :: Perfectly suited for a "Klingon".

I might have handed DCM a pacifier. Yikes.

Comment

So any updates bookworm? This has got to be the most bizarre parental behavior I've ever heard.

Comment

Update

my Director calls DCM in the office at pickup. DCD showed up a few minutes later. DCM called and told him about the incident. He comes in and tries to go off and not let Director get a word in. Finally, she asked DCD what was he told about the incident. Suddenly DCM pipes in talking over DCD ( hmmm, can't imagine why) Dad said that we were rude to mom and that caused DCK to get upset. He said that DCM wasn't allowed comfort or say goodbye to DCK. That's when my Director rolled that beautiful daycare footage. My Director then told us that it got so quiet that you could have heard a rat pee on cotton. ( her words).

She said that DCD was embarrassed and DCM wouldn't look at either of them. DCM was told that if this ever happened again, she would no longer be able to drop off. She also Told DCM that she owes us an apology. She then told them both about how scared the other children were as well as DCK and that we do not want to see the DCKs like that ever.

This morning, my Director came in at 7 to monitor DCM. When she came in, she was shocked to see my Director. DCM was told that drop offs needed to be no longer than 2-3 min. There's no need to linger because she can clearly see that DCK was happy to be hear and she should be happy that DCK is so comfortable with us. DCM looked like she was going to cry so they both went to talk in the office.

Seems to me that DCM has never been called out on her foolishness. This was a new sensation for her. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings. As for the DCP that helped us, she brought biscuits for the teachers happyface .

Comment

Awesome outcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bookworm View Post
                              my Director calls DCM in the office at pickup. DCD showed up a few minutes later. DCM called and told him about the incident. He comes in and tries to go off and not let Director get a word in. Finally, she asked DCD what was he told about the incident. Suddenly DCM pipes in talking over DCD ( hmmm, can't imagine why) Dad said that we were rude to mom and that caused DCK to get upset. He said that DCM wasn't allowed comfort or say goodbye to DCK. That's when my Director rolled that beautiful daycare footage. My Director then told us that it got so quiet that you could have heard a rat pee on cotton. ( her words).

She said that DCD was embarrassed and DCM wouldn't look at either of them. DCM was told that if this ever happened again, she would no longer be able to drop off. She also Told DCM that she owes us an apology. She then told them both about how scared the other children were as well as DCK and that we do not want to see the DCKs like that ever.

This morning, my Director came in at 7 to monitor DCM. When she came in, she was shocked to see my Director. DCM was told that drop offs needed to be no longer than 2-3 min. There's no need to linger because she can clearly see that DCK was happy to be hear and she should be happy that DCK is so comfortable with us. DCM looked like she was going to cry so they both went to talk in the office.

Seems to me that DCM has never been called out on her foolishness. This was a new sensation for her. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings. As for the DCP that helped us, she brought biscuits for the teachers happyface .

Just remember the mom is in it for the attention. No more conferencing. Drop off and leave. She is FORCING you guys to DO her one way or the other. It needs to STOP.
                              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

wow. I am officially speechless.

Comment

Working...
                                X