Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vent! Kids taking food from my house when they leave.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh HECK no!!!! Nobody touches or goes into my refrigerator or cabinets except ME or a member of my family. Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by ImFromTheStars View Post
      Sometimes I feel like I'm that overly nice lady who kids think they can walk all over... Especially when their parents are present because then they feel like "Are you gonna tell me NO with my mom standing here?". It's really frustrating because I have a few kids who, every day, when they leave, despite my warnings.... They will go into my refrigerator or cabinets and take food or ask me if they can take snacks home after I have told them all several times, no you can not because we need those for snack time. I for understand how a parent can stand there and watch their child go in someone else's refrigerator or cabinet and take food especially when they observe me telling the child no?!!!! I'm at my end with this!
      Look at DCM "Looks like Johnny is hungry. You'd better hurry home and get him a snack!"
      Look at Johnny "Get out of my fridge Johnny. You know you aren't allowed in my fridge ever. Why you think that's it's ok just because your mom is here is beyond me. Hurry now, your mom is waiting. She's taking you home to feed you a snack."

Comment

Originally posted by MV View Post
        Look at DCM "Looks like Johnny is hungry. You'd better hurry home and get him a snack!"
        Look at Johnny "Get out of my fridge Johnny. You know you aren't allowed in my fridge ever. Why you think that's it's ok just because your mom is here is beyond me. Hurry now, your mom is waiting. She's taking you home to feed you a snack."
        Yes, I've made similar comments. "You didn't do that until your mom got here."

Comment

I have a gate that shuts the kids out of my kitchen which really helps as a good barrier. It is perfectly expectable o say to to them with parents standing there. After all the parent isnt going to say anything( apparently). Give them an afternoon snack and call it good. They can survive until dinner. I would post a notice that there will be know snack foods taken home from your house. Food costs enough w/o watching it leave your house by the droves.
          I remember one of my older kids opened the fridge door looking for his cup and I put a stop to that ASAP! Good luck.

Debbie

Comment

Working...
          X