No announcement yet.

Taking Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold her checks for a few WEEKS? What is she smoking??

Comment

Years ago when I wasn't as efficient as I am now (and didn't have so many bills on auto-pay) I would not always get the week's fees deposited every week. I might go two, or even three weeks and then do a large deposit and write all the checks for my bills.
      So, I had one DCM call me all upset because "I" had "made her" overdraw her account :confused::confused::confused:

Apparently she didn't keep track of her account at all, except to check on her balance if she was writing a large check. She just kept spending, spending, spending. Then when my checks went through: Bam

People are kinda funny ::::

Comment

Originally posted by SignMeUp View Post
        Years ago when I wasn't as efficient as I am now (and didn't have so many bills on auto-pay) I would not always get the week's fees deposited every week. I might go two, or even three weeks and then do a large deposit and write all the checks for my bills.
        So, I had one DCM call me all upset because "I" had "made her" overdraw her account :confused::confused::confused:

Apparently she didn't keep track of her account at all, except to check on her balance if she was writing a large check. She just kept spending, spending, spending. Then when my checks went through: Bam

A relative was complaining to me recently that their landlord "made" them overdraft because they waited so long to cash the check. I was like "your check register will tell you exactly how much you REALLY have in your account" She said "oh, I don't use that stupid thing" well, duh, that's why you overdrafted.

Comment

Originally posted by SignMeUp View Post

I had one like that too... I held her checks for a while (I rarely got to the bank back then) and when I did cash them, same thing...she was po'ed that her account became over drawn.

I asked her how that was MY fault as I had always been taught that once you write the check and record it, you should consider it spent money and not count it.

Guess she didn't take that class. :confused:

She ended up paying me 3x what she owed me.

I had another DCD try and tell me once that I could not charge him overdraft fees that his NSF check caused on my account because I was a business and businesses should have money to cover that type of thing.

.....then he said "Walmart never charges me any other fees when I write a bad check to them" ::

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

.....then he said "Walmart never charges me any other fees when I write a bad check to them" ::
            ::::::

That's some type of special right there

Comment

Working...
            X