Taking Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Bets

Have a new daycare family...first week the check bounced because her paypal account was hacked. She opened a new checking account and gave me checks from that account for the next two weeks, then they bounced too. So I sent her a nice note that she needs to have the cash from the last three weeks as well as next week's fee when she shows up tomorrow morning. I left her a voicemail Friday, an email Saturday, and still haven't heard back from her.

Wanna take bets on whether or not she shows up at all tomorrow?

I will take that bet kinda a sure thing. ::::
    It:: will wait

Comment

You'll never see her again

Comment

IF you do see her, you will be handed some kind of crazy excuse for the payment issues instead of getting handed the cash. Even if she showed, I'd turn her away.

Comment

Don't accept her without cash in hand!!

Comment

Oh, she prolly will show up. She didn't answer voicemail or email.. what makes you think she paid those bills either? 😕😆😁
            Chief cook, bottle washer & spider killer...

Comment

If they showed up at my house, I'd collect the money before accepting the child inside my door.

Then I would put mom on a 2 week probationary period and explain how serious his is.

Then I would NEVER accept payment again with a check. That's one reason I do cash only.

I would request all she owes you for care already received... Plus a return check fee....plus at least one additional week paid at the same time....

Then if she so much as SNEEZED wrong during that 2 week probationary period, I'd term immediately without a refund.

Good luck. I hope she pays it tomorrow!

Comment

take it you didn't get a deposit either, huh?? I'd say you are probably screwed out of 3 weeks of pay. Don't think you will see her again but please update if she shows up today!!!!

Comment

Did she come this morning?

Comment

Lol, I got an email this morning at 6am from her. She claims she didn't receive my voicemail, she just NOW received my email, and she was horrified that the bank rejected the checks! Also said that the kids' dad had them today and tomorrow, and they would be here on Wednesday. I replied that she needed to bring the cash today for the last three weeks and this week. My contract is always paid in advance, so this is the normal day she would be paying me.

I am advertising right now. As soon as I have another family enrolled, she will be receiving a two week notice. Why can't people just be responsible and pay their bills? That's all I'm trying to do. :confused:

Comment

that is why we are cash or credit.

Comment

I haven't taken checks in 4 years; Cash or Credit

Comment

I predict you won't see her again. A family stiffed me like that once. Exact same thing saying dad had them Mon. and Tues. and would be back Wed.

If you are taking her to court for non payment make sure you have a current address. Mine moved and I never could take her to court cause I needed a current address. That was the last time I never had anyone not pay in advance.

Laurel

Comment

So they aren't coming today or tomorrow...was she going to tell you if she hadn't read your email? Which, btw I think is bull that she didn't receive your voicemail OR email

Comment

I just had a family bounce a check too. Dcm's job didn't put the full amount of her check into their account (right) and they had to pay their mortgage and bills. It peeves me off that they can pay other bills, but when it comes to paying me....

Did she come and pay?

Comment

Working...
                              X