So not prepared for taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So not prepared for taxes

This is my first year filing as a daycare provider: I really wish I had done more research and prepared more :/

I'm in the same boat. I wish I would have kept up with recording expenses. Now I'm entering it all into MLK (love the program). I also ordered Tom Copelands workbook so that will be a huge help. We are hoping to file our own but have an accountant lined up if we get "lost".

Comment

I am almost 15 years in and I still have to go through receipts every year... Maybe someday ill learn! I am going to start using MMK too so maybe that will help for 2014!!

Comment

Originally posted by Familycare71 View Post
        I am going to start using MMK too so maybe that will help for 2014!!
        It makes a huge difference. happyface

I have a manilla envelope, labled "daycare receipts". I keep it on my desk all year. It takes about 15 seconds to record them as I receive them, then I toss them into the envelope.

By the last attendance day before the Christmas Holidays I hit print on all forms, seal the envelope and hand the parents their forms. Simple.

***The only thing new here for 2014 is that I need to photo copy all store receipts then staple them together as the ink is not keeping like it once did.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I'm in the same boat! I've spent the last two days entering info into MMK! One of my New Years Resolutions is to enter everything the day I get or pay it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
            It makes a huge difference. happyface

I have a manilla envelope, labled "daycare receipts". I keep it on my desk all year. It takes about 15 seconds to record them as I receive them, then I toss them into the envelope.

By the last attendance day before the Christmas Holidays I hit print on all forms, seal the envelope and hand the parents their forms. Simple.

***The only thing new here for 2014 is that I need to photo copy all store receipts then staple them together as the ink is not keeping like it once did.
            I am using MMK for the first time this year and so far, it's awesome! I started photocopying receipts last year after the scramble to recreate records using my cc statements due to faded receipts fiasco. Never again.

Comment

So I am behind on the times what is MMK? How does it help with taxes/receipts? Isn't MM, minute menu? So confused :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by mountainside13 View Post
                So I am behind on the times what is MMK? How does it help with taxes/receipts? Isn't MM, minute menu? So confused :confused:
                Yes, MMK is Minute Menu Kids. The completely unlocked version is Minute Menu Kids Pro (subscription). It's the program that the food program uses to keep track of and claim your meals with but you can do a lot more especially with the unlocked version like keep attendance, mileage, track expenses (which will calculate all of your time/space % for you as long as you keep track of attendance), track meals, track payments, create invoices, accept electronic payments, create reports (like W-10's and MUCH more). It's pretty much a child care providers dream all-in-one record keeping program.

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
                  Yes, MMK is Minute Menu Kids. The completely unlocked version is Minute Menu Kids Pro (subscription). It's the program that the food program uses to keep track of and claim your meals with but you can do a lot more especially with the unlocked version like keep attendance, mileage, track expenses (which will calculate all of your time/space % for you as long as you keep track of attendance), track meals, track payments, create invoices, accept electronic payments, create reports (like W-10's and MUCH more). It's pretty much a child care providers dream all-in-one record keeping program.
                  This is my first year doing taxes and I am using MMK. It's so easy and convenient!

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
                    Wow! I had no idea! I thought it was just to keep track of food for providers that use the food program! I am going to start using it for this year. I'm pretty organized but this year with the unusually busy holidays I just threw the receipts in a drawer. Now I have to go through all of them before I can file.
                    I would love an easier way!

Comment

Wow! I had no idea! I thought it was just to keep track of food for providers that use the food program! !
                      I am not on the food program and LOVE MMK Pro. I do the menus, though, because the parents like them and it keeps me organized for shopping. Get the free trial, you could be getting started by naptime (it is only $69.95 per year after that.).
                      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I am not on the food program and LOVE MMK Pro. I do the menus, though, because the parents like them and it keeps me organized for shopping. Get the free trial, you could be getting started by naptime (it is only $69.95 per year after that.).
                        I just did a little research on it. It sounds pretty great! I will start the free trial, I am sure I will love it. But it might be a little hard convincing my husband to pay $70 a year for it.

Comment

I just did a little research on it. It sounds pretty great! I will start the free trial, I am sure I will love it. But it might be a little hard convincing my husband to pay $70 a year for it.
                          Tell him if he doesn't let you get it, then he can do your taxes...

Comment

Originally posted by melilley View Post
                            Tell him if he doesn't let you get it, then he can do your taxes...
                            Haha! That would make him want it! How do you scan/enter in the receipts?

Comment

I looked at the app portion and it says that providers that don't participate in the food program can't use the app. So I would only be able to use it on a computer?

Comment

Working...
                              X