So not prepared for taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mountainside13 View Post
    Haha! That would make him want it! How do you scan/enter in the receipts?
    There are categories in the program, some things you depreciate, some not, but you can select a category and it will list examples and will have a depreciation part if it needs to be depreciated. I just manually enter the info. This probably doesn't make sense...hopefully someone can explain it more!

I'm still learning. I'm still going to go to a tax pro and am taking a tax class next week.

Comment

I looked at the app portion and it says that providers that don't participate in the food program can't use the app. So I would only be able to use it on a computer?
      I only use mine on my computer because I am old and small print is not my friend.

I am not a smart phone person. ::
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
        I only use mine on my computer because I am old and small print is not my friend.

I am not a smart phone person. ::
        Haha! That would be a deal breaker for me if I can't use the app or my smart phone. We don't have a working laptop or a desktop anymore. The laptop we have is stuck in safe mode and has so many viruses no software could fix it. Lol!

Comment

Haha! That would be a deal breaker for me if I can't use the app or my smart phone. We don't have a working laptop or a desktop anymore. The laptop we have is stuck in safe mode and has so many viruses no software could fix it. Lol!
          I am sorry to hear that. I don't think I could function without a PC. My family uses word, go to meeting and power point almost daily for homework and my DCK's do online preschool sessions a couple times a week for benchmark portfolios.

'Ya know buying one could be viewed as a business expense for you (not sure what percentage, ask Tom if you want a correct answer on that ).

The $70 subscription fee is also deductible.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
            I am sorry to hear that. I don't think I could function without a PC. My family uses word, go to meeting and power point almost daily for homework and my DCK's do online preschool sessions a couple times a week for benchmark portfolios.

'Ya know buying one could be viewed as a business expense for you (not sure what percentage, ask Tom if you want a correct answer on that ).

The $70 subscription fee is also deductible.
            That's true

Comment

I kicked my butt into gear over New Years Day and have kept up with MMK like everyone suggested so hopefully next year will be good. Thankfully I have only been in business since August so I should be able to figure it all out from receipts.

Comment

I started in September i had a bunch of receipts kept i had them in a section of my wallet. But hubby LOVES to clean out my purse! I looked the other day for the reciepts and they are all gone!

I now have 4 reciepts for taxes. I did label the transactions on my bank account as which one was for buisness and stuff. But i have no reciepts to show what i got.

Comment

I have to get started on my tax info!!! I always procrastinate and end up rushing last minute, LOL!! I don't use MMK, I like to use my own excel spreadsheets that I have tweaked over the years.

I really should work on parent statements this weekend so I can get them out a little early this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                    I really should work on parent statements this weekend so I can get them out a little early this year!
                    I know you mentioned that you don't use MMK but I have to put in a shameless plug here ... my client's W-10's were ready in 1 minute on January 1 and my clients had them in hand Jan 2, MMK makes it so easy but everyone is comfortable doing it their own way .

I used to use the Calendar Keeper.

Comment

Working...
                    X