Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Appropriate To Take A Quick Shower While The Kids Are Napping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemissmuffet View Post
    Yes, see that's why I really like this forum... we all technically have the same "job" - but we all run our daycares very differently, have different policies, different ideas, different families and beyond that different legal regulations to follow depending on location. So a simple question like "Is it ok to shower during daycare hours?" is going to get a lot of opposing and various answers depending on all the different factors we are dealing with.

Comment

It is flu season.... If there is any chance that this was actual vomit, not spitting up, I would definitely take a really quick shower to disinfect myself from any vomiting germs. It would be really quick though...soap up, rinse, out....no longer that using the bathroom for other personal needs that cannot wait.

Comment

Well I would personally do a wash cloth with soap type I bath. I did have an unfortunate incident with poop a while back. One of the babies woke up from his nap and I could definitely smell that he had pooped, so I lifted him out, and I was talking all cute to him- did you have a good nap? It smells like you went poo poo in your diaper, blah blah. He does his cute thing where he pats me gently on the back and puts his head on my shoulder. Then when I'm laying him down on the changing table, he's got this cute smile and he grabs my cheeks and I get this strong smell of poop- yup- he had his hands in it. It was everywhere! In my hair, on my face, all over my clothes. So I cleaned him up, changed my clothes, then I washed my hair and face in the kitchen sink (you can see the daycare room from the kitchen) I kept telling myself- do not breath through your mouth, only through your nose! The others thankfully were all napping during this time. So gross! Now I make sure he wears a onesie during naptime so he won't put his hands down his pants.

Comment

Working...
        X