X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow View Post
    Curious why you call a sleep sack and mits a "contraption?"

Do you understand what they are?
    Here is my all time fave torture contraption.
    Attached Files
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
      Here is my all time fave torture contraption.
      Oh that looks just horrifically uncomfortable!!!

You're such a meanie subjecting the kids in your care go such devices

Comment

Sorry for the snark c2c but do you really see those as "contraptions" that infants would hate??

If so that kind of floors me as I've yet to encounter a single baby who doesn't melt into them at naptime.

Comment

Oh that looks just horrifically uncomfortable!!!

You're such a meanie subjecting the kids in your care go such devices
          That one is really old too. My son is 13 and I had it long before him. I've had to have the zipper redone twice on it.

I would pay a ton of money to get more of them. They are from Healthtex and finding them on Ebay is really torture.

This one has thick material... sturdy neck that isn't so big they can put their hands up thru but big enough to give good neck room and room to put your fingers thru the neck to undo, big swatch of fabric at the snap neck, thick mitts that have a wide wrist opening when open. Lots of leg room for the kick a thon, and easy up zipper. Love it.

Oh the good ole days when they made great quality stuff.....

Comment

Sorry for the snark c2c but do you really see those as "contraptions" that infants would hate??

If so that kind of floors me as I've yet to encounter a single baby who doesn't melt into them at naptime.
            Good grief, no kidding! A sleep sack is basically clothing. It is not in the least bit uncomfortable, nor considered a contraption! ::

And, c2c, just an FYI, you can get them in different fabrics and thickness, so they do work for "hot" infants, and for all four seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
              That one is really old too. My son is 13 and I had it long before him. I've had to have the zipper redone twice on it.

I would pay a ton of money to get more of them. They are from Healthtex and finding them on Ebay is really torture.

This one has thick material... sturdy neck that isn't so big they can put their hands up thru but big enough to give good neck room and room to put your fingers thru the neck to undo, big swatch of fabric at the snap neck, thick mitts that have a wide wrist opening when open. Lots of leg room for the kick a thon, and easy up zipper. Love it.

Oh the good ole days when they made great quality stuff.....
              I'm going to start stalking eBay now.....the ones I have are vest style. I'd love to find long sleevers. Only long sleevers I've managed to find had open bottom pouches that I have to sew shut (leaves them functional, but ugly, and all are thin cotton as opposed to the nice fleece on the vest styles)

Comment

I'm going to start stalking eBay now.....the ones I have are vest style. I'd love to find long sleevers. Only long sleevers I've managed to find had open bottom pouches that I have to sew shut (leaves them functional, but ugly, and all are thin cotton as opposed to the nice fleece on the vest styles)
                There are about 20 bazillion key words used for them. Often they are in lots too. I'll round up my others and show you the prints. That helps to find them.

Really hard to find. The open wrist ones are not. One thing is look at the swatch over the snap. If it is big you most likely have a quality one. The swatches are sized down now to tiny.

Comment

I had always swaddled my newborns with muslin blankets like these http://www.adenandanais.com/shop/swaddles.aspx and LOVED them. They are breathable and work wonders.

I have also fallen in love with HALO sleep sacks with my most recent baby. I would use one for a dck before a handmade swaddle for liability reasons though.

Comment

Working...
                  X