Wearing Shoes Outside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing Shoes Outside?

Do you make your children wear their shoes outside while playing in the grass, sand, etc? Just curious because lately mine have been wanting to take theirs off but I didn't know if they should or not. We don't have bees or anything that I think would hurt them.

shoes are required at all times except for when we are only in the sandbox. I let them take them off because they fill up with sand and the kids can't stand it....

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
      shoes are required at all times except for when we are only in the sandbox. I let them take them off because they fill up with sand and the kids can't stand it....
      Ditto

Comment

Mine have to wear shoes at all times, with the exception of being in the house.

Comment

Shoes on all the time. We have too many thorny plants in Arizona to be barefoot outside . Plus the concrete gets hot!! It drives me nuts when I go to playgrounds and half the kids are running without shoes on (and I can plainly see broken glass in the sand). My kids are always begging to take their shoes off....nope! I even have water shoes for when we go into the wading pool.

ETA: shoes are always OFF inside :-)

Comment

We rarely wear shoes in the back yard. I pretty much know what's out there.

If we're in the front yard or at a park, shoes are a must.

We rarely wear shoes in the house.

Comment

It depends. If they are playing in the dirt in the front yard, no. If they are in the backyard, no.

If they are walking around or nature trailing it, YEA. We have sticker plants we haven't managed to get rid of.

So I guess my answer depends in the activity.

Comment

Always. My sand tables are elevated. Even during water play we wear water shoes. Too much liability with injury potential to allow it.

Comment

Always. You never know what is under the ground. Old nails, glass, itchy plants, etc.

Comment

optional. I don't make my own kids wear shoes for our backyard. Most of the dcks wear their shoes, unless in the sandbox.

But it's very optional.
                    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                      Always. My sand tables are elevated. Even during water play we wear water shoes. Too much liability with injury potential to allow it.

Laurel

Comment

I also require shoes outside no exceptions, we have beautiful grass but you just never know.

Comment

Originally posted by williams2008 View Post
                          Mine have to wear shoes at all times, with the exception of being in the house.
                          Same here!

Comment

Always outside, I require flip flops for water play. The only time they don't wear shoes is inside.

Comment

My own kids do whatever they want regarding shoes but I make the daycare kids keep their shoes on all the time outside for liability reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X