Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double post.

Comment

I think I'm going to switch to Well Beginnings (Walgreens brand) formula. I think the parents will be less likely to choose that.

Comment

As long as it's average priced I'll supply it. I have one on regular Similac and another on Similac Advance. It's really no big deal.

Personally, with the exception of breastfed babies, I think if I'm being reimbursed I should be supplying the food.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
          Personally, with the exception of breastfed babies, I think if I'm being reimbursed I should be supplying the food.
          When I was on the food program I would have been losing money if I had supplied the name brand formula. It would be more cost effective to not be on the food program for infants, in that case. It wasn't worth it which is why I also went for the generic brand. The parents decided to supply it. I think it was my food program lady that told me to put the generic so the parents would supply it.

K
          Homeschooling Mama to:
          lovethis
          dd12
          ds 10
          dd 8

Comment

I buy the Kirkland as well but I have one family that buys all different brands at home ...basically, whatever is on sale..
            Does anyone know if that is bad for the baby?
            She knows I give her Kirkland and is fine with that.

Comment

I think you only have to provide some type of formula and make it available but not necessarily any type of brand. I heard for the most part they all meet the minimum nutrition requirements. http://pediatrics.about.com/od/weekl...by_formula.htm

There’s nothing like starting an article with a double negative is there? Sorry, but it was the easiest way to get my point across. As a father of a 3-year old and a soon to be 1-y

The director of my schools child care center said that when they took had infants the parents mostly brought the formula but then the food program said that they have to provide baby formula, but it did not say a specific brand- she said she just bought the cheapest brand because most of the parents brought their own anyway- it would most likely be a back up if they run out. And good thing she didn't by the expensive brands because they closed the baby room shortly after that (school budget cuts).

I plan on going on food program when I open. I am currently still working on my policies but unless the rules change in food program requirements here is what I have when it comes to formula:

"I will keep baby formula in stock and available on the child care property for all the enrolled infants. However, I am not legally required or obligated to provide certain brands or multiple brands. It is suggested that families with infants whom require or prefer special formula brands bring their own."

Because no matter what brand you buy, chances are there will be a few families where the baby is allergic to that brand or they don't like it or for some reason want another brand. Also make sure that they understand it is for use at your home, not off the daycare property.
              Last edited by Starburst; 05-05-2013, 06:10 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                I buy the Kirkland as well but I have one family that buys all different brands at home ...basically, whatever is on sale..
                Does anyone know if that is bad for the baby?
                She knows I give her Kirkland and is fine with that.
                You read my mind Michelle. I was just going to post about providers/parents who are buying whatever formula is on sale etc.

I was always told that it IS bad for baby to be changing formula on a regular basis.

Maybe formula changed their ingredients :::confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Former Teacher View Post
                  You read my mind Michelle. I was just going to post about providers/parents who are buying whatever formula is on sale etc.

I was always told that it IS bad for baby to be changing formula on a regular basis.
                  I heard the same thing about cat food.

Comment

Working...
                  X