No announcement yet.

What Infant Formula Do You Provide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I offer Enfamil because I think the babies are worth it. But I also choose higher quality foods for the older ones also, because I think it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyKidsCo View Post
      I offer Enfamil because I think the babies are worth it. But I also choose higher quality foods for the older ones also, because I think it's worth it.
      Is there really that big of a difference between store brand and brand name? I would think their is a standard that all formula must adhere to.

Comment

Originally posted by mnemom View Post
        Is there really that big of a difference between store brand and brand name? I would think their is a standard that all formula must adhere to.
        I had a discussion with someone about his the other day. They said that store brand formula goes through one less (the final) quality check than the name brand ones do. And that up until that point they are all the same.

Comment

I definitely do think they are worth it, and I think that's why so many providers have stated that the DC parents don't use the formula they provide. I offer the store brand formulas, but if I ever had a parents take me up on it I would probably buy a better formula. As nannyde said, which I think applies to all PPs "that's the point" of why we offer store brand.

Back when we used to offer name brand formula, and parents took us up on it, they were bringing babies in starving in the morning so that they could save on formula. That's when we decided that if at all possible we would prefer the parents to provide their own formula.

Comment

Double post.
            Last edited by blandino; 05-03-2013, 09:39 AM. Reason: Double. Sorry :)

Comment

Oh another thing I have done is I provide am snack , lunch, dinner bottles. If your child drinks more than that, every 2 hours etc... Then you must provide those. That is what is reimbursable. But, like I said, I have had nursing moms recently.

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
                I offer the Kirkland brand (Costco). No one has taken me up on it so far EVER but that suits me just fine
                Same here! We don't have a Costco, but I offer a generic brand. No one has ever asked me to provide it. They either already have a brand they like and bring it, or they breastfeed.

Comment

My understanding on the difference between the name brand and store brand: Enfamil and Similac sell their old recipes to the "stores". So the store brand would not have the most up to date ingredients, ie the extra DHA, etc. They all have to pass basic requirements - which are just that, very basic. I had planned on offering Kirkland - but my 2 day baby took me up on it, and I wouldn't have gone through the large canister in a month. So I offered them the Target brand. What slays me about this, is they are a family that is very into healthy eating, yet they didn't care what kind of formula I fed their kid. Also, mom was still pumping. But since I offered the formula, they stopped bringing the breastmilk. I do everything possible to support the breastfeeding moms, it saves me money and it is what is best for baby.
                  MnMum married to DH 9 years
                  Mum to Girl 21, Girl 18, Boy 14.5, Boy 11

Comment

Parent's Choice from Walmart. My current family uses it (boo) but they are only pt, so it lasts a LONG time.

Comment

Kirkland. All of them have taken me up on it.

Comment

I offer milk based formula. I do not specify what it is. I'm not required to offer it per my food program so if parents want something in particular they supply it.
                        IMO and my DDs pediatrician all milk based formulas are the same. So basically I use whatever is free. Samples from manufacturers, using checks from manufacturers, samples & checks from friends, etc.

Comment

I offer emfamil, but in the 6 years in day care NO parent has selected it.... they go for similac sensitive, almost every infant i have cared for has had that kind.
                          i currently care for 2 infants and both their parents supply the formula and yes its Similac...

Comment

Originally posted by mnemom View Post
                            I compared the ingredients in Target brand formula to the ingredients in Enfamil and they are the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by blandino View Post
                              I definitely do think they are worth it, and I think that's why so many providers have stated that the DC parents don't use the formula they provide. I offer the store brand formulas, but if I ever had a parents take me up on it I would probably buy a better formula. As nannyde said, which I think applies to all PPs "that's the point" of why we offer store brand.

Back when we used to offer name brand formula, and parents took us up on it, they were bringing babies in starving in the morning so that they could save on formula. That's when we decided that if at all possible we would prefer the parents to provide their own formula.
                              I didn't mean to sound snotty - IMO it looks better to parents to say you offer a brand name formula than a store brand. And to be honest, our grocery store has a limited selection and I don't have time to go to another store just for formula.

Comment

I didn't mean to sound snotty - IMO it looks better to parents to say you offer a brand name formula than a store brand. And to be honest, our grocery store has a limited selection and I don't have time to go to another store just for formula.
                                I can totally see where you are coming from, and I do think it sounds better, but I don't want it to sound good. . I also mean that in a totally not rude way. I just would rather it not sound appealing to them.

I just haven't had not so great experiences
                                providing formula, so I would rather parents weren't excited to use my offered formula.

Honestly this thread is making me think of MarinaVanessa's FP provided breast-milk story. I was doing dishes sometime this week, and found myself laughing about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X