No announcement yet.

How Do You do Sign-In and Sign-Outs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont do a sign in or out. I use an attendance sheet and marl with an x when they are here, highlight them when they have paid. Ive never even entertained the idea of signing in and out.

Comment

We have a binder on a table right at our entrance and parents and sign them in and out each day and at what time. We also have a school bus that comes to pick up and drop off children at different times and we have to initial when they come & go. We were told it was mandatory to keep these logs.

Comment

Originally posted by missnikki View Post
        I have tried both ways (one sheet per child per month/ one sheet for all over one month) and I have found that one sheet per child per month worked best for me. In a binder with alpha-tabs, the paper is laid out 'landscaped' and has a calendar on it with two spots next to the date. One to sign in, one to sign out for each date. I black out weekends and holidays, I can use WordArt to enter messages in certain dates as a shadowy font (Picture Day or minimum day, etc...)
        The reason I use one page per child is, like another poster, I had to go to court with 1 year and 7 months of records. at one sheet per kid per month all I had to bring in was 19 pieces of paper and no other irrelevant information was on there. It was funny to look at since all 19 pages had the dad's signature all over it, and not once did the mom sign it. Guess who won that case.
        Anyhow, I've tried to upload an attachment but it won't let me attach a word doc. If you want to see /steal it, pm me.
        Originally posted by Childminder View Post
        Yeah, won't except it cause it's not a jpg or gif. Sorry.
        I know the word documents don't work, but I took a picture of my printed word document and attached the picture, . The benefit to the picture instead of actual document is that no one can steal your hard work by saving it to their computer and keeping it as their own. LOL

Comment

Abigail, Here you go. I don't mind if anyone wants it. I used Microsoft Word and did 'insert table', shading, merge cells, WordArt.
          Attached Files

Comment

Missnikki

Thank you for your example! I'm still at a toss up of keeping the kids on a separate sheet or all on one, but yours is very nice.

Comment

I don't currently have a sign in/out sheet. I actually had never thought about it - I do keep an attendance record in my daycare software online but I am trying to think of the benefit of a sign in/out sheet.

Comment

In my state, it is a requirement to have them on file for licensing to look at. As I mentioned before, it is better to "have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" should we be subpoena'ed for any custody issues or to prove your case should a parent neglect to pay. It is a contractual release from the parent to you that shifts responsibility to you in their stead. It also acts like a receipt when parents check out their child for the day, thus releasing you of any liability from your front door on. I've seen it all, and I've been saved more than once by a time recorded, a signature, or lack thereof.

Comment

Does anyone do an attendance AND payment sheet in one for each child? This would be convenient, but I'm wondering how it works for multiple children.

I'm thinking about doing individual binders for each child for attendance to keep things personal for each family like someone mentioned above. I'm so organized though that it might drive me nuts not seeing all the children listed on the same sheet like my original idea that was perfect, , but I can create a "Who is here today" wall calendar to meet my organization needs. ::

It would be nice to have 1/2 inch binders for each child, but what do you do if they have siblings? Just have a binder per family instead of child? Once I start working on it, I might get it figured out. I could list payment first since eveyone pays in advance and then have the five working days listed below that so the parents can sign in, signature, sign out, and signature for each child and just putting an X if the sibling is not there that day. How do you do sibling attendance? I'm separating each family so I don't have to write the child's name everyday, it's just pre-printed on the sheet and in the correct binder. When it's two or more though, do I have one sheet per child so they flip the page each day they bring all the kids and sign each one in separately? Sorry for the long list of questions! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
                    Does anyone do an attendance AND payment sheet in one for each child? This would be convenient, but I'm wondering how it works for multiple children.

I'm thinking about doing individual binders for each child for attendance to keep things personal for each family like someone mentioned above. I'm so organized though that it might drive me nuts not seeing all the children listed on the same sheet like my original idea that was perfect, , but I can create a "Who is here today" wall calendar to meet my organization needs. ::

It would be nice to have 1/2 inch binders for each child, but what do you do if they have siblings? Just have a binder per family instead of child? Once I start working on it, I might get it figured out. I could list payment first since eveyone pays in advance and then have the five working days listed below that so the parents can sign in, signature, sign out, and signature for each child and just putting an X if the sibling is not there that day. How do you do sibling attendance? I'm separating each family so I don't have to write the child's name everyday, it's just pre-printed on the sheet and in the correct binder. When it's two or more though, do I have one sheet per child so they flip the page each day they bring all the kids and sign each one in separately? Sorry for the long list of questions! Thanks
                    i think what you did looks good. where it says "child's name" you can have all the kid's names typed there so you or the parents don't have to write them. if they aren't there that day - there just won't be a signature.

Comment

We have a form from the state that we have to use.

Comment

Every year for my business records I buy the biggest binder I can find usually 3 inch. I use dividers to section it. First section is my copy of the CACFP food menus. Then I have a section for each child/family. I use the states voucher sheets for my attendance and just whited out all the states "wording" for self pay parents and parents with state pay I photo copy their sheet before mailing it.
                        I also have in the beginning of the binder a zipper pencil pouch where I throw all my receipts during the year. When tax time comes I hand the entire binder to the accountant and its everything he needs. I do a spreadsheet at the end of the year with the reciepts for him. At year end I give each parent the "end of year payment summary" have them sign two copies, one is mine and one is theirs. I list how much was cash paid and how much was state paid. That form is then the first page for each familys section at tax time. Easy for the accountant.
                        I will see if i can attach a copy. Ny is also going manditory for signing in and with this sheet i can just have the parents fill out the info daily and file it accordingly

Comment

AH CRUD! I cant figure out how to upload it.....:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by DaycareMama View Post
                            AH CRUD! I cant figure out how to upload it.....:confused:
                            What type of document is it? If it is online, you can click on the "world with a link" to attach a link. I usually take an actual picture and save it to my computer and then click on Attachments to upload the photo. Just make sure you find the photo, then click UPLOAD, then click ok/finished before posting.

Comment

I get to the upload part and it does nothing after that. Just says please wait while it uploads but never uploads. I can email it to you if you would like

Comment

have you ever had a parent refuse to sign in/out? My state is not mandatory but I tried to do the sign/in/out sheets and a few parents refused telling me it was nonsense. :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X