Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHILDCARE Is NOT Expensive.... Having CHILDREN Is Expensive!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thriftylady View Post
    The fact I don't know what MK is, must mean I really am poor .
    It's Michael Kors...expensive designer stuff

My clothes come from target, thrift shops, and the clearance aisle of outlet malls

As for childcare being expensive...yea, so what? Is it news that raising children costs quite a bit of money? Seems like it has very little to do with the cost, and much more to do with parents not wanting to take on the responsibility it entails. People are struggling and living paycheck to paycheck and it always seems to be the care of their child that should be first in line to be reduced. It's never the cable, internet, car, cell phone, ect. They "need" those things, but yea, good childcare is expendable once they find something cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
      It's Michael Kors...expensive designer stuff

My clothes come from target, thrift shops, and the clearance aisle of outlet malls

As for childcare being expensive...yea, so what? Is it news that raising children costs quite a bit of money? Seems like it has very little to do with the cost, and much more to do with parents not wanting to take on the responsibility it entails. People are struggling and living paycheck to paycheck and it always seems to be the care of their child that should be first in line to be reduced. It's never the cable, internet, car, cell phone, ect. They "need" those things, but yea, good childcare is expendable once they find something cheaper.
      Never heard of it . I shop the same places you do though. However I do need to buy new scrub tops soon, and have been having a hard time finding them in my size at the thrift store. They seem to expensive to buy new. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post

As for childcare being expensive...yea, so what?
        I've heard internet, cell phoneservice, car insurance and rent/mortgages, Red Bull and cigarettes are expensive too but you rarely hear anyone write blog articles or news stories about it.

Comment

My housekeepers charge me $30 an hour per housekeeper. I have 3 that come. That comes out to $90 AN HOUR for 3 hours of cleaning (or $270 per service).

I have to watch 2 kids for 50 hours to make that much.

I don't complain because I CHOSE to hire them, therefore, pay their wages.

It costs to pay someone else to handle your responsibility whether it be daycare, auto mechanic, or housekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
            My housekeepers charge me $30 an hour per housekeeper. I have 3 that come. That comes out to $90 AN HOUR for 3 hours of cleaning (or $270 per service).
            It costs to pay someone else to handle your responsibility whether it be daycare, auto mechanic, or housekeeper.
            housekeeper - $30/hr
            auto mechanic - $60/hr
            plumber/electrician - $60/hr
            lawyer - $100/hr
            most professional services - $35 to $120/hr
            daycare provider - $20/hr :confused:
            I guess daycare isn't a profession. ::
            Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
            They are also our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              housekeeper - $30/hr
              auto mechanic - $60/hr
              plumber/electrician - $60/hr
              lawyer - $100/hr
              most professional services - $35 to $120/hr
              daycare provider - $20/hr :confused:
              I guess daycare isn't a profession. ::
              in BC Can
              Auto 107 hr