Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHILDCARE Is NOT Expensive.... Having CHILDREN Is Expensive!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHILDCARE Is NOT Expensive.... Having CHILDREN Is Expensive!!

I could barely keep that in while listening to the POTUS speak today (ya know, naptime and all....).

I am not attacking him because I'd never have the *&%$ to apply for his job, but he made that statement word for word. It stung like someone kicked me in the chest.

Where does PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY factor into the "affordable childcare" agenda????????

Why is my need to earn an income to support my children LESS important that the needs of my clients to support theirs??? I already work longer hours and every bit as hard as they do for less pay.

Anyone? :confused:
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

I'd comment but I can't type when I am that angry!

But know that I agree with you 100%.

Comment

who? what? where?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
        I could barely keep that in while listening to the POTUS speak today (ya know, naptime and all....).

I am not attacking him because I'd never have the *&%$ to apply for his job, but he made that statement word for word. It stung like someone kicked me in the chest.

Where does PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY factor into the "affordable childcare" agenda????????

Why is my need to earn an income to support my children LESS important that the needs of my clients to support theirs??? I already work longer hours and every bit as hard as they do for less pay.

Anyone? :confused:
        Huh? Clueless me, who/what is POTUS?????

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
          who? what? where?
          I am right there with ya!!!

Comment

Originally posted by momofboys View Post
            Huh? Clueless me, who/what is POTUS?????
            POTUS = President of the United States

Comment

Nothing makes me angrier than the entitlement factor in our country. I have worked my a** off since I was 16 in order to afford children and the lifestyle I live. Why on EARTH do other people have the right to access my money to pay for THEIR children?!??!

Childcare is expensive. So is food. And milk. And formula. And preschool tuition. And after school activities. And clothing. And diapers. And toys. And, and, and!!!!!

Comment

The Presidents press conference about this weeks budget crisis :hug:

I guess our recent Popectomy has kind of overshadowed the coverage....::::

I am still over the sink hole, too...

What a weird and frustrating day
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyslippers View Post
                  Nothing makes me angrier than the entitlement factor in our country. I have worked my a** off since I was 16 in order to afford children and the lifestyle I live. Why on EARTH do other people have the right to access my money to pay for THEIR children?!??!

Childcare is expensive. So is food. And milk. And formula. And preschool tuition. And after school activities. And clothing. And diapers. And toys. And, and, and!!!!!
                  ITA!!!!!! One of my biggest beefs.

Comment

Hey, that's the DFL way - Jack! ::

(I'm still on my Duck Dynasty kick from last night and Si Robertsons voice just totally kicked on in my head )

But seriously, I don't know how anyone can be surprised by what he says anymore. I love how he's blaming Republicans 100% for where we're at right now too. He's pushing the craziest amount of spending the likes of which this country has never seen before, but it's EEEEEEEEEVeryone elses fault no one has any money

Comment

Does the governtment not understand that people who work in child care/ public education already make less than most other fields? They want to make everything cheap but what about using that money they are 'saving' to invest in more quality or making sure that the teachers get paid enough.

One of my high school english teachers had to work after school as a waiter to make ends meat (he was also an ex-marine). My human relations teacher said in addition to teaching he also sold firewood and vitamin suplements as a side job- he actually got in trouble for selling vitamines to one of my class mates and the principle told him not to sell vitamines on school grounds. Many of my high school teachers actually bought those big 24 packs of water bottles and sold to the students for like $0.50-$1 per bottle to make extra money (plus it was healthier and cheaper than what was in the vending machines).

They also need to put more money into retraining people and start giving them 'hand ups' instead of just giving them money to not do anything productive by giving them 'hand outs'.

Comment

Originally posted by Starburst View Post
                        Does the governtment not understand that people who work in child care/ public education already make less than most other fields? They want to make everything cheap but what about using that money they are 'saving' to invest in more quality or making sure that the teachers get paid enough.

One of my high school english teachers had to work after school as a waiter to make ends meat (he was also an ex-marine). My human relations teacher said in addition to teaching he also sold firewood and vitamin suplements as a side job- he actually got in trouble for selling vitamines to one of my class mates and the principle told him not to sell vitamines on school grounds. Many of my high school teachers actually bought those big 24 packs of water bottles and sold to the students for like $0.50-$1 per bottle to make extra money (plus it was healthier and cheaper than what was in the vending machines).

They also need to put more money into retraining people and start giving them 'hand ups' instead of just giving them money to not do anything productive by giving them 'hand outs'.

This. I like it.

Comment

I'm tired this afternoon. I read that as "They also need to put more money into restraining people" ::

K
                          Homeschooling Mama to:
                          lovethis
                          dd12
                          ds 10
                          dd 8

Comment

I didn't hear what he said but from reading your post is that what he said or what your saying?
                            Each day is a fresh start
                            Never look back on regrets
                            Live life to the fullest
                            We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Very true. I think if you get assistance and you don't have a debilitating disability you should have to work full time. By that I mean the government will find something for you to do. Maybe you clean trash off the side of the highway for 40 hours a week but you shouldn't be able to sit home when you have the ability to work and have other people pay for your life.
                              I always get miffed at tax time. I always end up having one low income client who gets public assistance and has her childcare paid for by the state then she gets her tax money and spends it like crazy on silly things. One of my clients made over $14,000 this year (she said it to someone else on a Facebook post)and got over $6000 back from taxes and had very little actually taken out of her pay during the year. So after she gets her tax return she takes home aprox. $20,000 a year. Where I live that's more than enough to live off of without assistance. All of her childcare is paid for. It seems to me if you are getting public assistance you shouldn't get the earned income credit or the dependent care credit.

Comment

Working...
                              X