Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can NOT Believe the Response I Got Back From This Woman!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can NOT Believe the Response I Got Back From This Woman!!

E-mailed a woman looking for immediate DC for her two kids ages 1 and 5 last night. This was my e-mail to her:

Good evening!

I saw your ad on Craigslist for Child Care for your two children. We are located off of *** and ***X. We are a military family with a 15 month old son.
    I have 4 years of childcare experience in a daycare setting and many more prior to that (babysitting, nannying, etc).

We have a small playset in our back yard, a playground directly across the street, and walking paths behind our home for in the early morning or evening when its not hot.

If you are interested in meeting with me, I have a few questions for you:

- Have your children been in daycare before? If so, why are you looking for a different daycare?

-What are the qualities you are looking for in a child care provider?

-What are you looking for in regards to enviornment? (Large group=social skills; Small group=one on one care)

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Breezy

*** The questions from BlackCat who was kind enough to share her open ended questions with me for interviewing and potential clients. I asked them in the initial e-mail in order to learn more about the family and what they are looking for in a DC. Figured it would be a good way to ascertain if they would be a good fit before wasting my time with an interview....**

Here was the response:

Thank you for your interest, but I am not a criminal and do not feel comfortable with being interrogated. Good luck with -that-. " - Have your children been in daycare before? If so, why are you looking for a different daycare?

I don't think I was out of line asking those questions, especially the first one as I really like to know if the children have ever been in a DC environment before and it is helpful to know why the parent is changing DCs if they have been in DC. Could be as simple as she wasn't happy with the care they provided to they didn't have an opening for the pre-Ker now that school is out.

Do you think I was out of line???

I really would like to respond back to her but not sure what to say!

Just SHOCKED!

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!

I think you dodged a bullet with that one.

Comment

Maybe you could ask (initially) if they have ever been in a daycare setting and leave it at that upon your first interaction.

When you meet them in person and build a repoire, you can ask more details about why they left their other daycare.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
        Do you think I was out of line???

I really would like to respond back to her but not sure what to say!

Just SHOCKED! [/COLOR]
        I would respond back and say, "Thanks for helping me see the light. Glad I dodged a bullet here and good luck in your search for child care!"

::::::::

Sounds to me like she just might have something to hide if simple questions like that set her off......

I'd be doing the Happy Dance that you did'nt waste any more time on this family. happyface

Comment

Yes I could probably have left it at that but I guess my thoughts are if they were for example looking for someone that charges per day and not while child is not there then I wouldnt be the right fit. Or if they were looking for someone that does field trips, etc. KWIM? I figured that one question could help figure out if I even wanted to meet with them since interviewing is so time consuming. I guess that question did answer that in a roundabout way for me though.... Definitely dont want to deal with her drama!!! Wow!

Comment

I ask this same question, usually during the initial phone interview. In my experience the ones that have felt attacked or dont understand why I would ask the question are usually the families to stear clear from. Remember the reason for the open ended questions isnt necessarily the right answer but to help you see the red flags or the wrong answer. I think you found your RED flag in her response. LOL!

Comment

That lady is the exact reason why you ask those questions! she obviously has something to hide!

Comment

My husband said "Well, now you know why she is looking for Childcare!" Hehehe..jeez.

Glad I dodged that bullet and didnt waste my time interviewing her to find out how she is.

Comment

I find the minute I tell them that I have a contract that needs to be signed, thats the last I hear from people. And also, when I ask them for the hours they need and they keep asking me what my hours are, then I know they want to dump their children at my house all day, big red flag.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineMama View Post
                    That lady is the exact reason why you ask those questions! she obviously has something to hide!

LOL. Exactly.

Write her back and say "so...your last daycare situation ended badly?"

Comment

I ask almost the same questions in my first email as well. ::

Me thinks she has something to hide, matey's!

Comment

I'd probably write back and say "Wow, I bet you're a treat on a job interview".

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                          My husband said "Well, now you know why she is looking for Childcare!" Hehehe..jeez.
                          I was just thinking that my response would be very similar to your husbands
                          "Now I know why you're looking for childcare. Good luck with that"

Comment

I thought those were excellent questions to ask! Yeah, I agree you definitely dodged a bullet with that one!

Comment

There's a darn good reason why she is looking for daycare and obviously the reason has to do with HER!!!

I agree with the previous posters when they say you dodged a bullet! I think you dodged a whole lot more than that.

If that is how they respond to an email, I can't even imagine the peach they are in person!

Sounds to me like they got their feelers out for new daycare for one reason or another. My guess would be this woman is too much of a rag to work for!

Comment

Working...
                              X