No announcement yet.

Baby Food For Toddler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, those are awesome!! You just use a food processor then right?

I am sooo going to be trying this! I have a really young group right now and sadly a majority of them literally live off of drive throughs.

Evenone of my very youngest (13 months) eats McD's because according ot mom, "He will only eat McD's and I would rather he ate that then nothing at all"

She also thinks that isn't such a huge deal since she hasn't been able to wean him from nursing yet so she honestly believes that between the breast milk and the fast food, it all balances out.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

I am sooo going to be trying this! I have a really young group right now and sadly a majority of them literally live off of drive throughs.

Evenone of my very youngest (13 months) eats McD's because according ot mom, "He will only eat McD's and I would rather he ate that then nothing at all"

She also thinks that isn't such a huge deal since she hasn't been able to wean him from nursing yet so she honestly believes that between the breast milk and the fast food, it all balances out.
      Well yeah...he probably doesn't want to wean because he knows that's where his body's nutrients are coming from!!!
      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Yeah, it is harder when the kids know more than the parent...

Comment

I have a 16 month old dcb that lives off fast food too. His mom admittedly gets fast food pretty much every night, so dcb gets mostly chicken nuggets/fries or quesadilla. She also admittedly does NOT serve veggies at home b/c SHE does not like them (she said she doesn't even want to TOUCH veggies). At first, when dcb first started eating finger foods, he would eat everything for me (including all the healthy veggies). But now, I can't hardly get him to eat ANYTHING at all. Not even fruits. He is a challenging one at meal time for sure.

I want to try the pureed stews with my crew, but don't have a food processor. I have a hand blender and a full size blender. Would that work??

Comment

Originally posted by christinaskids View Post
            Too bad they dont sell little pouches we could reuse. We all know kids will eat foods from different containers sometimes!
            THEY DO! I bought some. They are called the Sili Squeeze.

When choosing a reusable food pouch for a baby, you need to consider its details closely, and its design matters more than you think.

I have been using it since my dd was 11 months and it's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenplasticwateringcans View Post
              Those packaged squish tubes are disgusting and not even remotely healthy. Since they say "fruit" or "vegetable" on them they must be healthy.....right? I liked to squash up children's food when they were little but that is not even close to the sludge in those tubes..
              I dont know what you are referring to but my son eats purred fruit veggies and whole grains out of squeeze packets all the time. The ingredients are NOTHING but the fruits veggies and grains and they are organic. He loves the packets because he can easily feed himself (he also eats just fine with a spoon.) It helps to get good healthy foods in him that he wouldn't normally eat (spinach, broccoli, etc). I wish someone made a reusable squeeze packet so I could put my homemade purres in it but the store bouht is just fine too. My older son still like them too. They are not disgusting and your post is rude and obnoxious.

Comment

Two questions-none of us had these growing up and all ate fine. Why, oh why do we need to feed it to our children?

If these weren't available, would all these children starve? Would they just not eat or would they learn to eat?

I see this as another example of us feeding into kids running the show and not learning what they need to do. I feel they all need to learn to eat and if they don't they don't. I'm sure none of our parents did all this extra stuff or spent the extra money to make sure we received our nutrients. We either ate or were dismissed from the table!
                Each day is a fresh start
                Never look back on regrets
                Live life to the fullest
                We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                  Two questions-none of us had these growing up and all ate fine. Why, oh why do we need to feed it to our children?

If these weren't available, would all these children starve? Would they just not eat or would they learn to eat?

I see this as another example of us feeding into kids running the show and not learning what they need to do. I feel they all need to learn to eat and if they don't they don't. I'm sure none of our parents did all this extra stuff or spent the extra money to make sure we received our nutrients. We either ate or were dismissed from the table!
                  Just because we did not have "it" growing up does not mean"it" is not a good idea. How many of you had a car seat growing up?

Also another thought I had on the pouches is that as far a baby food goes it is less wast than a jar.

Comment

i am a huge fan of those packets of squeezable food! COme in handy on a trip out
                    "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
                    Acts 13:22

Comment

Both of my granddaughters (6 & 16) love them in their school lunches. Less mess than a container of fruit that can't be sealed if they don't eat it all. No spoon to mess with.

Comment

Originally posted by familyschoolcare View Post
                        Just because we did not have "it" growing up does not mean"it" is not a good idea. How many of you had a car seat growing up?

Comparing something that save lives and a food container is hardly a fair comparison.

Also another thought I had on the pouches is that as far a baby food goes it is less wast than a jar.

The couple pouches I have looked at in Target aren't recycleable but baby food jars are.
                        I commented in bold above.

FWIW~ I have zero opinion on these pouches as I haven't had a dck come with one and it doesn't lool like something I would buy.

Comment

I commented in bold above.

FWIW~ I have zero opinion on these pouches as I haven't had a dck come with one and it doesn't lool like something I would buy.
                          1. It was not meant to be a fair comparison. Rather to make a point that "we" parents, providers and people in general should not be quick to think that something "we" did with out in the past should not be used. It was meant to respond to the fact the your responsed seamed to say that the only reason you did not like them or thought people in general should not use them was because children surived with out them for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                            I had WDMMOM's seven year here last summer for a few days and she kept telling me she doesn't like peas or squash so I made a blended pea soup with squash and ham and she GOBBLED it down. Didn't mention what it WAS until she was walking out the door. he he he fixed her little wagon.
                            Nan, would you please come and teach ME to eat more vegetables? ::

I grew up with a SAHM and homemade meals most nights but they were pretty basic meat and potato sort of foods. I get scared venturing too far from corn, green beans, peas, carrots and salad and my husband is even worse. Our 2.5yo eats more kinds of fruits and veggies than we do!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              If one more person,feeds their two year old that squeezable fruit and vegetable crap!
                              I'm poing to lose it!!!
                              That's great and all that their getting fruits and veggies but it's still baby food.
                              If you've never changed a kids diapers after let me tell you -it's DISGUSTING!!!
                              My 2.5yo daughter thinks the pouches are fun. I wouldn't view them as a good substitute for fresh, whole fruits and vegetables on a regular basis, but I've checked the labels and most are no better or worse than store-bought applesauce. Plus they're less messy and great for on the go (no spoon, no drips). Could we all live without them? Yes, of course, but I don't think they're the worst snack a kid could have. (I've also noticed no change to my daughters BM as a result of eating them.)

Comment

Originally posted by familyschoolcare View Post
                                1. It was not meant to be a fair comparison. Rather to make a point that "we" parents, providers and people in general should not be quick to think that something "we" did with out in the past should not be used. It was meant to respond to the fact the your responsed seamed to say that the only reason you did not like them or thought people in general should not use them was because children surived with out them for many years.
                                I didn't have a response. :confused:

I even commented in my post to you that I have no feelings for or against these pouches.

Comment

Working...
                                X