Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daycare View Post
    Update....

I talked to the mom this morning about it and she said that she realizes that we will still have santa activities, and she does not care what I say to him. She said that she and her husband WONT be the ones promoting it.

I told her yesterday in a joking manor (but serious) Why WHY WHY suck the life out of Christmas at such a young age. AND I don't mean him, I mean you... DOn't you still want that magical moment when he wakes up xmas morning and see the look on his face for all that santa did??

She laughed and said she would talk to me in the morning.

I'm happy that she is not expecting me to change my ways.....Cuz as much as I love this family, I wouldn't....
    That's great news!! Things could have gone the other way but it's good to see that your DCB's parents can understand that they won't always be able to control what their son becomes exposed to. They could have searched out and possible found another DC that wouldn't celebrate or have holiday crafts (however I think that it would be difficult) but I think they appreciate what they have found in your DC and it makes me glad for you .

Comment

I stand clear of religion.

For one religion is something very serious. In my country where I grew up, you don't get to decide what religion you are and if you go against your government, you can be killed.

In america there is so much freedom and choice, which is why I love this country. Each day I live in amazement of the freedom that Americans have, but are still so unhappy people, well a lot of them are. Here the term "it is your choice" really is true, because as Americans you can CHOOSE to do or NOT to do something.

Just the other day a young man came to my door to ask me to read his bible about the Mormon religion. This was a first that I have ever experienced this. I was so taken back by his bravery and courage. As this is something that you would be killed for in my old home country. I did listen to what he had to say, but in the end told him that I wished him well and that I would save it for a day when I might be more open minded. (My father was in the back of my head telling me don't touch it...)

Anyway, I do love that each family has their own traditions and beliefs, I just want to be like everyone else and be allowed to choose and practice what I believe too.

thanks for sharing your story.and sorry for gong off track...

Comment

they don't want to lie about santa, but what are they going to say about the tooth fairy, easter bunny oh that mcdonalds is NOT open 24hours a day. Funny thing that they don't want to lie about that but I bet you they lie about other things.

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
          they don't want to lie about santa, but what are they going to say about the tooth fairy, easter bunny oh that mcdonalds is NOT open 24hours a day. Funny thing that they don't want to lie about that but I bet you they lie about other things.
          So what? Although, I doubt that a parent who won't lie about santa would bother to do so about the tooth fairy or easter bunny.

The whole thing is, it's HER child and she can teach her/him how she so chooses. As long as she is respectful of the provider, I don't see how it should matter.

Comment

Working...
          X