No announcement yet.

WOW Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My drop in rates are $30/day. I am right on with what everyone else is charging in my town, give or take $5.

Comment

It really must be in the air. I just had a person go off on me for not taking her family who went to school outside my district. The kids needed busing and I don't transport. What do they expect?? Maybe I should of offered to fly them on my broom

Comment

What i find weird is she didnt bat an eye until she hung up then called you back.

Text back this. I do this when people ( like my ex ) think they can text me whenever they want.

"Message failed. User blocked."

Comment

Originally posted by DaycareMomma View Post
          It got BETTER! The daughter texted me telling me I was being a b*tch and that she knows I'd have discrimiated against her child because of his race. I got a good chuckle out of that one!

I've never met the people before so I have no idea what the child looks like.

Talk about an event that makes you shake your head....

I'm very proud of myself for not firing back when she swore at me. Usually I am level headed until I am unjustly swore at!
          You should text her back and say "Oh I didn't realize your child was a minority. I give a free scholarship each year for a minority child. I know you wouldn't consider taking that slot but I thank you for reminding me to *always* ask before I give the rate. My last minority scholarship child is leaving in a couple of weeks and I need to get busy finding just the right child. Take care and good luck finding just the right provider."
          Last edited by nannyde; 11-17-2011, 03:36 PM.
          http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

My drop in rates are $30/day. I am right on with what everyone else is charging in my town, give or take $5.
            $30 a day for 6 hrs sounds right.

$30 a day for 1 1/2 hrs x 4 days would be outrageous.

Sounds like you dodged the bullet with this family.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
              Is this in Minnesota.....
              You got a problem with Minnesotans??? LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                I don't think problem is the word, I think jealous is

Huge bullet dodged with this family.

I would have loved to have said "You should probably tell my other family that is a minority that I descriminate, I'm sure they would be glad to know that." But I didn't. I bit my own lip and that is VERY hard for me to do sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                  You should text her back and say "Oh I didn't realize your child was a minority. I give a free scholarship each year for a minority child. I know you wouldn't consider taking that slot but I thank you for reminding me to *always* ask before I give the rate. My last minority scholarship child is leaving in a couple of weeks and I need to get busy finding just the right child. Take care and good luck finding just the right provider."
                  lovethis
                  I'd love to see her face if she heard this one from you!@

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post

Dangit! That would have been PERFECT!

Thanks everyone for cheering me up. I wasn't really down as I was floored that there are seriously people like that in our small town....

Comment

Originally posted by lilrugrats View Post
                      What i find weird is she didnt bat an eye until she hung up then called you back.

Text back this. I do this when people ( like my ex ) think they can text me whenever they want.

"Message failed. User blocked."
                      lovethis this. I'm totally gonna steal it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joyce View Post
                        lovethis this. I'm totally gonna steal it!!
                        Same here I'm using that one also. I am proud of you. I would have had a hard time not saying my kids all leave around 6 if you wanna come by we can sure discuss this if you think you are woman enough. Haha. Then I would have probably gotten my hiney kicked. Lol. I'm amazed at how dysfunctional some people are!!!! For so long I have lived in my little bubble and had no idea! I still pretty much do live in my little bubble. Lol. Think I will stay here too.

Comment

Definitely dodged a bullet with this family. It amazes me how so many parents feel that they are in any position to negotiate or argue providers prices or policies. It's like, if you do t like it....move on. Not rocket science, parents!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            Nah.... Just a smart-alecy reference to the "craigs list warfare" thread....::::
                            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
                              Nah.... Just a smart-alecy reference to the "craigs list warfare" thread....::::
                              I figured, but had to laugh because I think the OP is from MN! LOL!

Comment

knows I'd have discrimiated against her child because of his race. at!
                                Wow. Reminds me of several calls i used to take at the cable company. People would call in and complain we were racist.... funny i dont remember filling out a race\ethic point on the application for cable..... sorry you had to deal with that
                                "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
                                Acts 13:22

Comment

Working...
                                X