WOW Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW Really?

I just had a call from someone for daycare. They only needed like 6 hours a week so I told them I would do drop in and I told her my rates. She accepted. Phone conversation ended. Two minutes later, the mother of that girl calls me and CHEWED MY BUTT up one wall and down the other about my rates and how they were ridiculous. She swore at me and called me nasty names... I was very calm and explained that is what my rates are. She continued to yell at me... I'm shaking so bad! The nerve of some people I tell ya!

" I'm sorry you feel that way, good luck with your search"

Click.

Comment

Whoa! Agreed, short statement and *click*. That's not something you want to deal with anyway.

Comment

Wow some people are so rediculous! I agree you don't want to deal with her! If she doesn't like your rates she can find someone else, the nerve of some people!

Comment

Drop-in care is traditionally more expensive than full time care. Good luck with your search B*OTCH...you're gonna need it!!! CLICK!!!

Comment

WOW! If the girl didn't like your rates, she should have just moved on.

Comment

omg! can you imagine just randomly cussing out someone??? what the heck??? I don't know what people are thinking. I never swear period and can't imagine someone feeling comfortable just berating a stranger.

Comment

I've had that happen quite a few times over the years.

I've learned to just agree with them.

Mom: "Your rates are REDICULOUS!!!!!"
                Me: "I know.. if I were you I wouldn't pay them"
                http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                  I've had that happen quite a few times over the years.

I've learned to just agree with them.

Mom: "Your rates are REDICULOUS!!!!!"
                  Me: "I know.. if I were you I wouldn't pay them"
                  ::::::

"I'm sorry you feel that way. On the bright side, it's up to you to decide if you want to pay them!"

Comment

It got BETTER! The daughter texted me telling me I was being a b*tch and that she knows I'd have discrimiated against her child because of his race. I got a good chuckle out of that one!

I've never met the people before so I have no idea what the child looks like.

Talk about an event that makes you shake your head....

I'm very proud of myself for not firing back when she swore at me. Usually I am level headed until I am unjustly swore at!

Comment

Must be Psycho Season.

Block all calls and texts from that family or simply tell them do stop or face harrassment charges. That usually stops them in their tracks.

Comment

I have to ask, were you charging $50 an hour or what?

I would definitely block all communication from them.

Comment

If you have the phone number, you should call her back and tell her you have decided to raise your rates even higher so that you can filter out rude clients.

Just make sure you call at 2 a.m.

Comment

Originally posted by DaycareMomma View Post
                            It got BETTER! The daughter texted me telling me I was being a b*tch and that she knows I'd have discrimiated against her child because of his race. I got a good chuckle out of that one!

I've never met the people before so I have no idea what the child looks like.

Talk about an event that makes you shake your head....

I'm very proud of myself for not firing back when she swore at me. Usually I am level headed until I am unjustly swore at!
                            You have gotten a nice taste of what it is like to tell the entitlement generation "no". They don't like it very much.
                            http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Is this in Minnesota.....
                              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X