Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dc siblings have had a cold with runny noses. Parent has been giving them benedryl before they are dropped off in the morning. They are so tired and cranky through breakfast and keep falling asleep. Per licensing regs, they can’t sleep in anything but their own pack-n-plays so in the pack-n-plays they go. Guess who doesn’t want an afternoon nap since they slept most of the morning?!

Comment

• Sunday it was 60’ & sunny. 72 hours later school is cancelled due to snow, sleet, & high winds. It’s official- Mother Nature needs a freaking Prozac.

Comment

• DCM at drop off told DCB to take a nap for me, she doesn't normally say that but I figured it had to do with getting a sticker.

An hour later outside, he started wanting to go in, when I said no nicely, he started crying for his mom. I tried to get him to play but it was a no go. About 10-15 minutes later it was time to go inside, so I could start lunch. He sits at the table which is normal but proceeds to cry (he is the cry wolf kind of boy, so I ignored.)

I make lunch and serve it. He eats like normal while still crying. I was busying taking care of the baby when he throws up. I called DCM who is home to come to pick up, she is here in minutes. I tell her that it was more than lunch that came up.

and she asks if he had any milk because he threw up after drinking milk and running around.

no DCM it was not just milk that came up, he was sitting at the table not running around and breakfast came up too.
        But in the future, if you think that there is an issue with milk, you should tell me beforehand not after.

Methinks I know why you were late though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 284878 View Post
          DCM at drop off told DCB to take a nap for me, she doesn't normally say that but I figured it had to do with getting a sticker.

An hour later outside, he started wanting to go in, when I said no nicely, he started crying for his mom. I tried to get him to play but it was a no go. About 10-15 minutes later it was time to go inside, so I could start lunch. He sits at the table which is normal but proceeds to cry (he is the cry wolf kind of boy, so I ignored.)

I make lunch and serve it. He eats like normal while still crying. I was busying taking care of the baby when he throws up. I called DCM who is home to come to pick up, she is here in minutes. I tell her that it was more than lunch that came up.

and she asks if he had any milk because he threw up after drinking milk and running around.

no DCM it was not just milk that came up, he was sitting at the table not running around and breakfast came up too.
          But in the future, if you think that there is an issue with milk, you should tell me beforehand not after.

Methinks I know why you were late though.
          She dropped him off after he threw up?

How nice.

Comment

• I'm so ready for summer. It's cold and gloomy and windy here all the time, I'm so burnt out on themes this year (center-wide weekly themes) and all of my babies are different ages (6m, 17m, 9m and 13m) so lesson planning is way stressful because they're all at different developmental levels.

I cant wait for summer so we can just be outdoors all morning again, those are the best days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jociheart View Post
              I'm so ready for summer. It's cold and gloomy and windy here all the time, I'm so burnt out on themes this year (center-wide weekly themes) and all of my babies are different ages (6m, 17m, 9m and 13m) so lesson planning is way stressful because they're all at different developmental levels.

I cant wait for summer so we can just be outdoors all morning again, those are the best days.
              Yes, winter always seems so much longer this time of year. When you know spring is just around the corner, or the next corner, or come on already!!
              I don't understand why "lesson planning" even has to come into play at those ages. SMH they want to make everything so darn complicated these days.

Comment

• Can overalls be banned at daycare, please? ::

So. many. snaps.

Make diaper changes much longer than they should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryRoads View Post
                  Can overalls be banned at daycare, please? ::

So. many. snaps.

But they are so cuuuuuute ::::

Comment

• You guys I am so so so frustrated. My daycare kid turns 2 in a few days and eventhough an SLP told the parents that her speech was at a 10-12 month level I am STILL having to convince then to go to a follow up appointment and begin speech therapy.

2 VERY uncomfortable conversations about it this week. I thought this had been dealt with. I thought it was over. I thought once they got a second opinion and a second professional with YEARS of experience (we have a combined 39 yrs experience working with kids) they would do something.

NOPE :confused:

Comment

So. many. snaps.

I change them out and put them back in before sending them home. NOOOOO. Cute is for weekends and Mom time.

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                      You guys I am so so so frustrated. My daycare kid turns 2 in a few days and eventhough an SLP told the parents that her speech was at a 10-12 month level I am STILL having to convince then to go to a follow up appointment and begin speech therapy.

2 VERY uncomfortable conversations about it this week. I thought this had been dealt with. I thought it was over. I thought once they got a second opinion and a second professional with YEARS of experience (we have a combined 39 yrs experience working with kids) they would do something.

NOPE :confused:
                      JUST emailed my licensing rep asking when this becomes neglect. 4 yo. Here 2 years this past September. MANY awkward convos. They haven't attended a conference or filled out an ASQ since the first one where she scored a 0 on speech/language. She scored a 5 on the 4 year old ASQ. I always send home completed copies. I included birth-3 and now school district eval information to EVERYONE as to not single them out. I was told they were going to enroll in UPK this year. I reminded them of registration dates. I had a teacher client pick up the packet. They missed it. She is going to K next year and is NOT ready. When she DOES speak, she sounds deaf/hard of hearing. It's a very distinctive speech pattern. No full sentences. Comprehensive language ability also lacks.

Mom comes in and tells us these crazy stories of things she's said/done that are just not possible. I know they're in denial.

Otherwise, they're good parents. She's always clean, dressed well/appropriate, always has supplies, has otherwise good medical care, never have to tell them to take her in sick, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                        JUST emailed my licensing rep asking when this becomes neglect. 4 yo. Here 2 years this past September. MANY awkward convos. They haven't attended a conference or filled out an ASQ since the first one where she scored a 0 on speech/language. She scored a 5 on the 4 year old ASQ. I always send home completed copies. I included birth-3 and now school district eval information to EVERYONE as to not single them out. I was told they were going to enroll in UPK this year. I reminded them of registration dates. I had a teacher client pick up the packet. They missed it. She is going to K next year and is NOT ready. When she DOES speak, she sounds deaf/hard of hearing. It's a very distinctive speech pattern. No full sentences. Comprehensive language ability also lacks.

Mom comes in and tells us these crazy stories of things she's said/done that are just not possible. I know they're in denial.

Otherwise, they're good parents. She's always clean, dressed well/appropriate, always has supplies, has otherwise good medical care, never have to tell them to take her in sick, etc.
                        So frustrating but glad I am not alone! Same situation here, kid is well dressed, parents are GREAT and never give me grief but dayum I am tired!!

I wasn’t going to bring it up. I literally had washed my hands of it because my part was DONE. Then yesterday dad came in asking me if I thought she was making progress. I told him no. Then he comes in today asking if teething could make her regress. TEETHING?! Kill.me.now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                          So frustrating but glad I am not alone! Same situation here, kid is well dressed, parents are GREAT and never give me grief but dayum I am tired!!

I wasn’t going to bring it up. I literally had washed my hands of it because my part was DONE. Then yesterday dad came in asking me if I thought she was making progress. I told him no. Then he comes in today asking if teething could make her regress. TEETHING?! Kill.me.now.
                          Sometimes I think parents don't know what's "normal" for young children because they don't have any to compare their child to.

I have one getting speech services that the therapist and I think should be getting services for autism but Mom & Dad don't see it. Another who's almost 3 that I have to concentrate very hard to understand after over a year here. ("Devin has those two" sounds like "Deh ha doh do") He supposedly only has a pacifier when sleeping but often comes in with it in his mouth. Mom and Dad don't see a problem with his speech.

Comment

So. many. snaps.

Agreed! Have a 3yo boy who's mom was sending him in overalls every couple of weeks. She thought they were sooo cute! After a while I changed him into his spare pants then changed him back right before pickup. The last time I just kept the overalls as spares and sent him home in the others. Mom never said a thing.

Comment

• My poor kid came down sick today, he has been looking forward to today at school so much. Last week they announced that they were having a scientist in today. (He loves science things). Poor thing cried when he found out he cant go. The school rarely has things like this, I feel bad for him that he has to miss out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupadia View Post
                                My poor kid came down sick today, he has been looking forward to today at school so much. Last week they announced that they were having a scientist in today. (He loves science things). Poor thing cried when he found out he cant go. The school rarely has things like this, I feel bad for him that he has to miss out.
                                My DD came home from school twice now all excited about the pizza party the next day. Both times she threw up that night and missed the party. (Once in first and just recently in second)

Comment

Working...
                                X