This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby just won't sleep

I have a 5 month old that only comes Monday and Wednesday all day. She JUST WILL NOT sleep unless she is being held and rocked, but will scream if she isn't being held and rocked. The swing won't calm her, and I can't just sit for the next two hours and rock her. She will drop off, but promptly wakes when I try to put her down at all, and comences screaming.

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ac114 View Post

2nd child- moms sends me a message before he gets here that doctors said his fever is a side effect from getting tubes and could last up to 10 days.
      10 days? Wtf is she smoking??? Everything I've read says low grade fever or fever up to 102 for 24-72 hrs can be a normal side effect from anethesia.

Either way with the other symptoms, even w/o a fever, he'd be excluded here.

Dcp can be a real treat sometimes. 🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaG2903 View Post
        I finally termed the infant and mother from hell... 2.5 more days! Baby has been ill, spiked a 105 fever and I had to call mom 75 times before she finally answered. Gave me a hard time about picking up baby and taking her to urgent care... Then texted me acting like I'm crazy because "the fever was only 103" 🙄 That day it was 2 degrees out and I had mom take baby without a hat/coat because she was burning up! Then this week, baby spikes a 103 fever with a rash - mom gives me crap about picking her up because she has to work. Then asked if she could bring her back! Umm NO. I told her I think baby has roseola and she treats me like I'm an idiot... I have 3 kids of my own and have been watching kids for 12 years, but okay expert mom with a 10 month old 🙄

Did I mention she's my cousin? Omg the next 2 days will DRAG.
        103 or 105 is really high for an infant! What did the dr say was wrong with her she wanted to come back? I would exclude for 24 hours so she wouldn't be able to even come back the next day!

Comment

• Originally posted by amberrose3dg View Post
          103 or 105 is really high for an infant! What did the dr say was wrong with her she wanted to come back? I would exclude for 24 hours so she wouldn't be able to even come back the next day!
          Sent home from care = 48 hours exclusion.

Silly parent. Had mom used her head and kept her child home on her own parenting "smarts" the child would only be excluded for 24 hours....

Sometimes you have to "inconvenience" them to help them understand your illness policy.

Comment

• I either love this job or hate it. Bad days make me want to quit and good days I don't want the day to end. It's bipolar ish. They are really nitpicking and changing how stuffs done and it's stressing me. Makes me feel incompetent. I hate this place today. Yesterday loved it. It sucks. Wish I only had good daya

Comment

• I love all my kids. I just hate their behavior.......

Comment

• Don't you love when parents say "He/she wouldn't let me..." or "He/she wouldn't do this or that..."
                I'm sorry dcm, but it doesn't matter if dcb "didn't want to" or "wouldn't let you", spurs are not appropriate attire for daycare.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryRoads View Post
                  Don't you love when parents say "He/she wouldn't let me..." or "He/she wouldn't do this or that..."
                  I'm sorry dcm, but it doesn't matter if dcb "didn't want to" or "wouldn't let you", spurs are not appropriate attire for daycare.

I hear "You're the only one she'll listen to. She won't listen to anybody else" on a weekly basis. I just shake my head and walk away.

Comment

Don't you love when parents say "He/she wouldn't let me..." or "He/she wouldn't do this or that..."
                    Spurs....are you kidding. Who in their right m8nd thinks that ok. What did you do?

Comment

• Originally posted by LostMyMarbles View Post
                      Spurs....are you kidding. Who in their right m8nd thinks that ok. What did you do?
                      I know, right?! It was funny (well not funny in a "haha" way, more in a "you're ridiculous" kind of way) because mom tried to take off his boots to put them in the basket and he started throwing a fit (he's 2). So mom says "fine, I'll just let her (me) deal with it."
                      I took off his boots and he pouted in a corner for a few minutes and then he was over it.
                      She made comments like "he is so hard headed, he had to wear them, he wouldn't leave without them, etc."
                      IMO, the parents are the worst part of this job.

Comment

I know, right?! It was funny (well not funny in a "haha" way, more in a "you're ridiculous" kind of way) because mom tried to take off his boots to put them in the basket and he started throwing a fit (he's 2). So mom says "fine, I'll just let her (me) deal with it."
                        I took off his boots and he pouted in a corner for a few minutes and then he was over it.
                        She made comments like "he is so hard headed, he had to wear them, he wouldn't leave without them, etc."
                        IMO, the parents are the worst part of this job.
                        You got that right!

Comment

So mom says "fine, I'll just let her (me) deal with it."
                          Oh h3ll no!

Daycare parents don't pay me to parent for them.

I'd have laughed right in her face and said "I don't offer parenting services. You'll have to figure this one out on your own. Send him down when he's ready."

Comment

• Argh dcm came at 10 to meet with a couple ladies to assess her 2 yo dd for speech development. They left at 11 and lunch time was HE!! between hungry kids and dcg crying for mommy. Poor dcg is still crying for mommy.

Sometimes my heart breaks for these little ones and their strong emotions with little understanding of why things happen.

Comment

• Apparently I supposed to be able to control my coworkers' actions, attitudes, and facial expressions after I've left for the day. My room, my responsibility, even when I'm not there. When I develop my telekenetic, mind controlling powers I'll let you know.

Comment

• I have a camera that points to the front of the house so i can see when parents arrive. One child left and I see his aunt just sitting in the car. I want to be done with my day, come get your nephew!!

Comment

Working...
                                X