This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SunshineMama View Post
    I could have had the entire day today with NO daycare kids, but the parents of the siblings brought their kid even though the sibling was at home sick.

On monday they kept 1 at home with HAND FOOT AND MOUTH and brought the sibling. Of course, the sibling gets sick and now they bring the healthy one and keep the other. I really need a sibling sickness clause, because I am sure that the other kid was a carrier and exposed (obviously since hes sick now). My daycare baby is sick with HFMD too now.

It is my fault for not having a sibling clause and I am mad at myself. I could have had the entire day with just my friends daughter and my youngest, and we could have gone places and done so many fun things.

I made the best of it and the girl who came today is really sweet and I love her. I just am annoyed at myself that I could have had NO daycare kids
    Thats to bad. I know how you feel though. I have the one little boy three days a week and the other two I have four days. Well today the two brother and sister arent scheduled but .... I still have the other kid. So here I am today with one daycare kid Because I had to let one of my other families go last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhondawarren View Post
      Thats to bad. I know how you feel though. I have the one little boy three days a week and the other two I have four days. Well today the two brother and sister arent scheduled but .... I still have the other kid. So here I am today with one daycare kid Because I had to let one of my other families go last week.
      I did have fun since I had only girls today and we did girly sparkly fun stuff, but I would much rather have not had the dcg and just my own and my bff's child. Oh well...

Comment

• Sooooooooooooooooooooooo wish I could somehow have you hear this baby scream. You would not believe it. I can't imagine living with this child!!! My own son was colicky, bad, and either I am blocking it out, or this child gives new meaning to unhappy. WOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by sahm2three View Post
          Sooooooooooooooooooooooo wish I could somehow have you hear this baby scream. You would not believe it. I can't imagine living with this child!!! My own son was colicky, bad, and either I am blocking it out, or this child gives new meaning to unhappy. WOW!

That reminds me of when I first started watching my PTer. He was 2 and he had never stayed with anyone else in his life. So he literally stood by the door the first couple of days I watched him and screamed Im going home now okay, Im going home now okay over and over for like 10 hours straight. I seriously thought I was going to have to call his mom because I was about to go insane . But .... we stuck it out and he now tells them to leave so he can play He eventually got use to it

I know this has nothing to do with a colicky baby but .... it reminded me of the insanity of that day

Comment

• So former fulltimer, now drop in every few weeks comes today. "Oh, did you get my message?" um, nope. "oh, she needs some structure, and practice writing her name." ok, I'll work on that the 4 times a month she's here!

Comment

• Originally posted by chellenj View Post
              So former fulltimer, now drop in every few weeks comes today. "Oh, did you get my message?" um, nope. "oh, she needs some structure, and practice writing her name." ok, I'll work on that the 4 times a month she's here!
              I had an interview with a lady a couple of months ago that had two boys. One I was to watch all day and the other I was suppose to only have after school. Well she wanted to pay me $100/Wk to watch both. She wanted them to eat a specific organic diet & she wanted me to have the oldest schoolwork done with him plus 30 minutes with him before she picked them up. I was thinking ....... Yeah ok. Needless to say .... they arent here

Comment

I had an interview with a lady a couple of months ago that had two boys. One I was to watch all day and the other I was suppose to only have after school. Well she wanted to pay me $100/Wk to watch both. She wanted them to eat a specific organic diet & she wanted me to have the oldest schoolwork done with him plus 30 minutes with him before she picked them up. I was thinking ....... Yeah ok. Needless to say .... they arent here
                What in the world is she thinking?????

Comment

• Originally posted by momma2girls View Post
                  What in the world is she thinking?????

I was thinking okay .... yeah right =)

I dont mind feeding them something different if their parents want to pack them a lunch (which I prefer they all eat together and the same thing because that eliminates well why does he have this). But the whole I need to have his schoolwork done before she gets home from work, I was thinking hahaHuhhahaha!!!

I homeschool my kids too and its tough enough for me to do their schoolwork with them throughout the day. I do reading with the children and educational things like flash cards and stuff for their letters. But to sit down and do an older childs homework with him so she wont have to mess with it when she got off of work .... is not my job.

Comment

I was thinking okay .... yeah right =)

I dont mind feeding them something different if their parents want to pack them a lunch (which I prefer they all eat together and the same thing because that eliminates well why does he have this). But the whole I need to have his schoolwork done before she gets home from work, I was thinking hahaHuhhahaha!!!

I homeschool my kids too and its tough enough for me to do their schoolwork with them throughout the day. I do reading with the children and educational things like flash cards and stuff for their letters. But to sit down and do an older childs homework with him so she wont have to mess with it when she got off of work .... is not my job.
                    That is exactly what she wanted you to do so she wouldn't have to spend any time being mommy when she got home. Now, if she wanted to actually PAY YOU what it is worth to do the homework with him is one thing.... but the fact that she wanted you to do it basically for free. I just don't get some people. Why have children if they don't want any of the responsibility that goes with being a parent. I need a "shaking my head in disbelief" icon.

Comment

• finally

Finally grew my backbone to implement a very small pay increase (which still puts me well within a very reasonable/low rate). I pushed my hours up to close at 430 since I knew all of my current parents are available to pick up by 4.

I offered a higher rate for extended hours should they choose to do that but I made it fairly steep.

Zero cooperation. I agonized over this for many months and did what I thought was the fairest possible thing. I'd wanted to increase the rate much more but thought a smaller increase would be more fair.

I was met with rudeness and zero cooperation. ONe family quit after 3 years of service but told me it had nothing to do with the new contract.

I'd seen the pissed off dcm speaking in the road with the one who later that day, quit for 30 minutes before day care.

I'm devestated and very stressed.

I hope the best will come of this and bring me some appreciative families but oh man, this is rough.

It must be me. I refuse to believe people are that nasty and petty.

Comment

• Ahhhh, my Monday morning rant.

After getting up at 4:30 AM for several weeks for DCD not to show up until 5:15 - 5:30, I had a talk with Dad last week. Transportation changed so he'll be coming at 5:15 from now on. Ok, so this morning, I woke up at 4:45, but stayed in bed until 5.

They show up at 5:30, but Dad has to run to the bank because he only has 1/2 of my pay. He says, he'll be back in 5 mins. I should have just told him to bring it tonight, no big deal. He comes back 20 mins later, gives me my money.

I turn all the lights off and come in here to record it before heading up to take a shower. DCD knocks on the door. He had left the car running and the driver's door open. The door shut and locked. He's parked behind both mine and my daughter's cars. He asks if I can run him home to get his spare keys. Ummm, no, you're parked behind my car and your child is asleep.

I ended up waking up my sil so he could drive him home to get his spare keys. DD can't leave for work because he's parked behind her car.

On top of all of this, DCD isn't feeling well.

I lost 1 1/2 hrs sleep this morning and my new baby starts full time today.

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopinglady View Post
                          Finally grew my backbone to implement a very small pay increase (which still puts me well within a very reasonable/low rate). I pushed my hours up to close at 430 since I knew all of my current parents are available to pick up by 4.

I offered a higher rate for extended hours should they choose to do that but I made it fairly steep.

Zero cooperation. I agonized over this for many months and did what I thought was the fairest possible thing. I'd wanted to increase the rate much more but thought a smaller increase would be more fair.

I was met with rudeness and zero cooperation. ONe family quit after 3 years of service but told me it had nothing to do with the new contract.

I'd seen the pissed off dcm speaking in the road with the one who later that day, quit for 30 minutes before day care.

I'm devestated and very stressed.

I hope the best will come of this and bring me some appreciative families but oh man, this is rough.

It must be me. I refuse to believe people are that nasty and petty.
                          I'm been thinking about you lately and glad to see you posting even though its a vent-.

Did you lose two familys or just 1? I'm so sorry this is happening. That is what always worries me about raising rates. I was actually thinking of doing a straight across the board rate but not sure how my parents would react. Thats the thing about childcare they can leave in a minute!
                          Each day is a fresh start
                          Never look back on regrets
                          Live life to the fullest
                          We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                            I'm been thinking about you lately and glad to see you posting even though its a vent-.

Did you lose two familys or just 1? I'm so sorry this is happening. That is what always worries me about raising rates. I was actually thinking of doing a straight across the board rate but not sure how my parents would react. Thats the thing about childcare they can leave in a minute!
                            Aww, thanks. I've been busy. The past few months I've put a ton of time and money into improving the program. It's beautiful (to me) but I guess the parents didn't notice.

I lost one, claiming free daycare through her mother..she'd said she would give me one week's notice but texted me in BED last night to say she'd reconsidered!!! AFter three years of childcare I'm not worthy of the consideration of one week's notice.

The other woman is being so rude that even if she doesn't quit, I will term her ASAP to avoid future resentment.

It's terrible. And still, you'd have to go the ghetto to get a cheaper rate, seriously.

Deep down, I think this could be a positive fresh start but right now I'm so tired of trying! What a kick in the head, ya know??

Lesson learned, I suppose. I don't expect recognition or gratitude or appreciation, just money thank you very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopinglady View Post
                              Aww, thanks. I've been busy. The past few months I've put a ton of time and money into improving the program. It's beautiful (to me) but I guess the parents didn't notice.

I lost one, claiming free daycare through her mother..she'd said she would give me one week's notice but texted me in BED last night to say she'd reconsidered!!! AFter three years of childcare I'm not worthy of the consideration of one week's notice.

The other woman is being so rude that even if she doesn't quit, I will term her ASAP to avoid future resentment.

It's terrible. And still, you'd have to go the ghetto to get a cheaper rate, seriously.

Deep down, I think this could be a positive fresh start but right now I'm so tired of trying! What a kick in the head, ya know??

Lesson learned, I suppose. I don't expect recognition or gratitude or appreciation, just money thank you very much.
                              Many prayers coming your way. I believe you will get better quality in terms of the families you have!

Comment

• Originally posted by sahm2three View Post
                                Sooooooooooooooooooooooo wish I could somehow have you hear this baby scream. You would not believe it. I can't imagine living with this child!!! My own son was colicky, bad, and either I am blocking it out, or this child gives new meaning to unhappy. WOW!
                                They get about three days to chill with that or I have to say no way.

Comment

Working...
                                X