No announcement yet.

Christmas Gift/Bonus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not expect gifts from any of my parents. That way, I'm never disappointed and very appreciative of any gifts that I receive.

For me, a card with a letter of appreciation would be fantastic.

A gift card for any store.

Anything from Lakeshore. I have started driving down different streets to avoid that store. I spend way too much money there.

Comment

Most of my parent gives me gift, it all rankest from coasters to $100. To me it is the thought that counts, a bath and body gift card would be nice that way she can pick out her favorite

Comment

I used to provide chiildcare in my home for 8 years. I have to admit that my favorite families were those who showed their appreciation with a meaningful bonus. I had a couple families who gave me a week's pay as a Christmas gift/bonus. Before anyone freaks that this not affordable, please note that I only watched teacher's children and I did not charge them for the time they were off for the holidays and I was not watching their children. Since break was more than a week, they actually ended up ahead financially. One of my other favorites was a spa gift certificate....for enough to actually get a massage and pedicure. Another great gift was a Pandora bracelet with 2 meaningful beads to start it off. I actually felt like these families really appreciated me and wanted to truly bless me.

I have also received some really lame gifts like what appeared to be semi-used body lotion....yuck. A friend of mine who provides care in her home once received shampoo and conditioner....cheap brand from the drugstore, not a nice one. Another friend has received items that were obviously rejected items that her client (a teacher) had received.

Comment

A Visa gift card would be nice. As a provider, I prefer not to get more craft stuff, or another coffee mug, or a home made gift, etc. Even if you can only afford a $25 gift card, it is a nice gesture. I have always heard equal to one weeks pay....but that has only happened to me 2 times in quite a few years. A nice Christmas gift is a great way to show your provider how much she is appreciated. Everyone needs to remember that not every dollar a provider earns is spendable income for them.....with the daycare fees come a lot of additional expenses for running a childcare. Something many tend to forget about.

Comment

Originally posted by melilley View Post
            I agree, I would feel uncomfortable if a family gave me a week's pay!
            Why?

The vast majority of my clients give week and two week bonuses. My helper gets them too.
            http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

When I was a nanny I got a weeks bonus each Christmas. As a daycare provider I expect nothing.

In your case I would do $50 if you feel the need to get her something. Otherwise a card and a thank you means just as much to me. I have two dcf that tell me thank you every day as do their kids. It means A LOT to me.

Comment

I agree with nannyde - I wouldn't be uncomfortable, i would be jumping up and down!! But I wouldn't expect that from my families and I have amazing families. If I did get a one week or two week bonuses I would be thrilled and treating myself to a nice steak dinner

Comment

I once had a family that would give me a generous amount of gift certificates for a local pizza place. My kids were little and this was awesome because it meant I didn't have to cook dinner one night through the holiday season. They knew my husband was in school and that was a treat!
                  I really don't expect anything from my parents. Most give me a card. Some of my kidlets make me something. Some parents get me something. Any gesture is appreciated.

Comment

Perhaps a gift card if you are certain that your provider will use it. Billions of dollars are tied up in gift cards that will never be used.

Cash is so much better. And A week's pay or more is totally appropriate.

You are a considerate mom. Thanks for asking us our opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                      Why?

The vast majority of my clients give week and two week bonuses. My helper gets them too.
                      I don't know why! I just get uncomfortable when people give me things, but I love to give. I appreciate it, but I've always been like that.

It would be nice now that I think about it though!

Comment

Originally posted by grandmom View Post
                        Perhaps a gift card if you are certain that your provider will use it. Billions of dollars are tied up in gift cards that will never be used.

Cash is so much better. And A week's pay or more is totally appropriate.

You are a considerate mom. Thanks for asking us our opinion.
                        I agree...very considerate!

I get a wide range of gifts from homemade cookies to a weeks bonus. I appreciate them all!

Comment

It's the appreciation that is most important. Most providers would rather get no gift and a heart-felt letter of thanks than a gift and no verbal or written thank you.

So if funds are tight, maybe just a beautiful card and special message.

Comment

I got nothing for he holidays and I'd been caring for the children for over 6 months. I did however, get a phone call at 2pm on christmas day wondering if I could watch their children for 2 hours so that they could have some "adult alone time".....

Comment

Originally posted by Punkin.Butts View Post
                              I got nothing for he holidays and I'd been caring for the children for over 6 months. I did however, get a phone call at 2pm on christmas day wondering if I could watch their children for 2 hours so that they could have some "adult alone time".....
                              NO WAY!!::::

Comment

Originally posted by Punkin.Butts View Post
                                Wow! That's just..... None of the words that come to mind cut it! I'm just sitting here, shaking my head!

Comment

Working...
                                X