Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Provider Slapped My 5 Year Old In The Face...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
    Thank you for the update!!!

You have no idea how many providers days you have made. lovethislovethis

Not me!

I'm sorry but their response is the biggest load of honky I've heard in a long time!!!

As a parent I'd probably be just as mad as when I thought it was intentional!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
      Not me!

I'm sorry but their response is the biggest load of honky I've heard in a long time!!!

As a parent I'd probably be just as mad as when I thought it was intentional!!!
      You are talking about the Director, though, right?

Sorry, I gave up on that topic a long time ago...::::::

I meant the provider who was in tears and those like her.

Filling out and turning in accident reports often "requires approval". Being an employee is not often easy or black and white.
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Filling out and turning in accident reports often "requires approval". Being an employee is not often easy or black and white.

Hmmmm......I guess I'd be willing to consider that

BUT - if I were a provider and something like that happened between a child and myself I'd be making sure the parents were notified regardless of whether the director signed off on it or not. I wouldn't work somewhere I was told to sweep injuries under the rug, especially ones inflicted on a child by me by mere accident.

If it was bad enough that the child needed an ice pack (treatment) the parents should absolutely been notified.

Not to mention- if the director wants to be such a sluff with just accidents what could they be attempting to cover up in the way of REAL incidents?? If they are so h*ll bent on keeping parents from knowing the truth about an honest mistake, how can one really expect them to respond to something serious???

All trust would be lost, and I could never send my child into the care of people I can't trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
          All trust would be lost, and I could never send my child into the care of people I can't trust.
          Agreed!! That is why I opened my own family daycare. happyface

Sadly, unless the owners are informed, the Director will never be held to task.

She will simply be continuing to get her annual bonuses due to "Outstanding Performance" proven by their "low" (documented) incident and complaint numbers.

I know how things should be but, sadly, also have seen way too much of how they really are.

Don't get me wrong, not all centers are bad. Just like home providers and public school administration, some are fantastic, others are not.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

When I worked at a center, the ouch reports had to signed by the director (the teacher incharge if the director was not on campus). It did not take long for me to realize that sometimes the forms would go missing, a parent would ask about something I wrote a report on saying they did not get the report. After a year are so I realized they only disappeared if the director herself was supposed to sign it. So for bigger things I started mentioning them at pick up and adding so if the ouch report is not on the sign in and out sheet then the director must still have it.

Comment

I am so glad to hear it was an accident! Poor little guy!

I once knocked a kid into a wall with my butt. No lie! He was running inside (a no-no) and I turned to pick up a toy as I was telling him to use his walking feet. As soon as I said it, he ran into my butt as I was turning and he smashed right into a wall. I felt SOOOO awful! He cried and said he was sorry for running and I was crying saying I was sorry I hurt him. He had a large bruise on his face for a few days.

I can totally see how if he told the story (or even if I did) it could seem as if I punished him for running when in fact he just collided into me and the bounced off into the wall. I am so glad that things were cleared up and he is happy there!!

Comment

Working...
              X