Complaints Filed - How Do I Find Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You can also contact your local sheriffs office.. I have just recently moved and had to put my 7 month old daughter in a new day care.. I had many people say this day care was good and safe.. they were very wrong.. my 7 month old daughter was sent home with the wrong family.. and I wasn't notified until the next business day.. after talking to the sheriffs office and cps they informed me that other complains had been filed.. and i highly recomend checking the local sheriffs office and cps office as well as lisencing... they should all have the same info but just incase one doesn't. you will know what is going on at the daycare... and trust your gut feeling us moms have an instinct and i should of used it when I left my daughter there and didn't I just trusted hear say...

good luck and hope you find a safe daycare
    Hi I put my child into a daycare in north carolina and my child has been very sick with a cold that she got from daycare. I took her to the doctor twice because it wouldn't get any better. My childs temperature stayed at 104 so I took her to a hospital that was 3 counties away from me. It was worth it. My child had a UTI. I never thought my 2 year old could get something like that. It was because of the nasty lady there that had no education in child care did not know how to wipe my child. Mothers be careful!!! I feel so hurt as I watched my child be in pain and get stick with needles and a iv. The bacteria my child had in her was a level 4.
    Even if you have no education, wipe a child like you wipe yourself.

Comment

I worked at a daycare I did not like some things. I got a job at another daycare. T

I worked at a daycare I did not like some things. I got a job at another daycare. The state licensing rep remembered me. She said the owners of the other place are politically connected otherwise she do whatever she could to pull there license! I have had places not just violate DCFS rules but labor laws.

Comment

It is very typical for children to get sick when starting a new daycare, espcially within the first 2 weeks of attending a new daycare. This goes for care givers also.
        I am sick every time I get a new job.

Comment

soiled diaper

My daughter is 22 months old. We just started potty training. She is doing really well. In the last month (before we started training), she has removed her diaper at nap time 3 times. The first two times my DC rinsed her off. This last time I was called to pick her up. I got the call at 4pm, I picked her up at 4:30 - she was curled up in her playpen, very quiet with no diaper on and her soiled diaper open next to her. I was given a box of wipes to clean her up. The poop was crusted on her arms, legs, and there was a chunk on her face. I don't know how long she was sitting there to have it crusted on. I felt very bad for her to be sitting in it. It has disturbed me all weekend. Everyone I've talked to has said I should report it. I REALLY like my DC and do not want to find another. Since this is the first time this has happened and she has no other complaints, should I just sit down with her and tell her my concerns instead of reporting her?

Comment

My daughter is 22 months old. We just started potty training. She is doing really well. In the last month (before we started training), she has removed her diaper at nap time 3 times. The first two times my DC rinsed her off. This last time I was called to pick her up. I got the call at 4pm, I picked her up at 4:30 - she was curled up in her playpen, very quiet with no diaper on and her soiled diaper open next to her. I was given a box of wipes to clean her up. The poop was crusted on her arms, legs, and there was a chunk on her face. I don't know how long she was sitting there to have it crusted on. I felt very bad for her to be sitting in it. It has disturbed me all weekend. Everyone I've talked to has said I should report it. I REALLY like my DC and do not want to find another. Since this is the first time this has happened and she has no other complaints, should I just sit down with her and tell her my concerns instead of reporting her?
            Oh Hell No! You "really like" your DC? This is 100%, absolutely DISGUSTING, UNNACEPTABLE AND PUTTING YOUR CHILD AT RISK!!!! Not only were her needs unmet, she was left to sit in her own waste(whihc can lead to all kinds of bacterial infections), with obviously no sort of attention being given to her for this to happen. This type of thing can lead to lasting issues(pgysically AND emotionally).....and if they are letting you actually witness this type of thing, I can only imagine what goes on when you don't see....

Pull your child NOW, call licensing NOW and do what is right for your child....PROTECT HER!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot beleive you actually are considering, for even one second, allowing her to continue attending when this has actually been witnessed by you....

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
              Oh Hell No! You "really like" your DC? This is 100%, absolutely DISGUSTING, UNNACEPTABLE AND PUTTING YOUR CHILD AT RISK!!!! Not only were her needs unmet, she was left to sit in her own waste(whihc can lead to all kinds of bacterial infections), with obviously no sort of attention being given to her for this to happen. This type of thing can lead to lasting issues(pgysically AND emotionally).....and if they are letting you actually witness this type of thing, I can only imagine what goes on when you don't see....

Pull your child NOW, call licensing NOW and do what is right for your child....PROTECT HER!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot beleive you actually are considering, for even one second, allowing her to continue attending when this has actually been witnessed by you....
              This. Really. Nothing else can be said.

Comment

PLease help

Hello, PLEASE some one help me im trying to put my baby in this daycare KIDS UNIVERSITY PRESCHOOL located in miami florida. And i would like to know how can I view the complaints filled againts them some one help please.....

Comment

Hello, PLEASE some one help me im trying to put my baby in this daycare KIDS UNIVERSITY PRESCHOOL located in miami florida. And i would like to know how can I view the complaints filled againts them some one help please.....
                  Call your area licensing department and ask them about any complaints or correction orders.

You can also interview with the center, spend some time, ask questions and observe. You should be able to get a good feel for the place. Only YOU know if a place is the right place for your child.

Another good way to check out a child care facility is to talk with current and past parents who's children attend or attended there.

Comment

Originally posted by mac60 View Post
                    You parents always amaze me. Always blaming the dc on your childs sickness. Hmm, moms who work in schools, banks, hospitals and medical clinics couldn't possibly bring home any illnesses to their child now could they? As a provider, is it so damn frustrating when I hear parents say this. It is utterly rediculous.

Funny story....I had a parent like you once, always blaming dc on her kids sickness....I saw them at Walmart, and their 4 year old was sucking on the handle of the cart....Yes, sucking on the handle of the cart.....think she might of gotten a few germs in her mouth from doing that? Heck yea. But then for parents......it is much easier to blame it on the dc. So sad and shows how "smart" many parents arn't.
                    A UTI isn't something you "catch" from someone else or get from sucking on a cart handle.

Comment

Mother and preschool teacher

I think that these posts should be mandatory reading for every person contemplating having children. I would never leave mine for any reason with anyone until the child could talk. Sell your car, live in smaller home, do whatever it takes to stay with your child. Think how "difficult" it is to parent perfectly your own child of two. Now imagine a roomful of sad, angry, lonely ,cranky, almost sick toddlers. How much "care" are those little sweeties receiving? The bratty naughty children get the most attention to prevent them from tearing up. Las room or hurting other children. I ve seen horrible day cares with ,"caretakers" screaming at children and wonderful preschools where the children go home at noon. Children under three need their parents or grandparents. Why would anyone do anything else but take care of their own. Don't have babies if you can't take care of them.

Comment

I think that these posts should be mandatory reading for every person contemplating having children. I would never leave mine for any reason with anyone until the child could talk. Sell your car, live in smaller home, do whatever it takes to stay with your child. Think how "difficult" it is to parent perfectly your own child of two. Now imagine a roomful of sad, angry, lonely ,cranky, almost sick toddlers. How much "care" are those little sweeties receiving? The bratty naughty children get the most attention to prevent them from tearing up. Las room or hurting other children. I ve seen horrible day cares with ,"caretakers" screaming at children and wonderful preschools where the children go home at noon. Children under three need their parents or grandparents. Why would anyone do anything else but take care of their own. Don't have babies if you can't take care of them.
                        Yikes

I made a two decade career of taking care of kids and none of your concerns were EVER an issue under my care.
                        http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Double yikes. Sounds like someone had a very bad experience with childcare. I'm sorry that was the case with you, but please don't assume every place is like that. There are countless providers who genuinely love children and take excellent care of them, like the vast majority of people on this forum.

Comment

The majority of the staff at ABC Daycare is very kind and caring and the center itself is brand new and very attractive. The center is small and homey less than twenty five kids which is comforting to me, Unfortunately that’s where the positives end with this daycare. This daycare is one of the only facilities in town that closes at 5:30pm and has a ZERO leniency on any flexibility or realistic expectations for the working parent. This week was a holiday week, they were closed of course Christmas day, the day after Christmas and the following day.

That takes away Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from our paid care week, I simply asked if she could come on Thursday because they were closed three days this week and we lost days of care that we are required to pay for. The answer? “Absolutely no”! And if I needed her to attend, an extra $10hr for the day, considering I have 30+ unused hours. Since her schedule says she normally won’t attend on Thursdays she is not allowed to come in, even given advance notice. I understand that we have to pay rather she is there or not, but not being allowed to use the full hours we pay for is complete idiocy. I too, would like to get paid for an unearned salary but this situation could not be ideal for any working parent. You pay for a full week 35-45hrs at $250 and you get one day? Not to mention this same week they are closing early Friday at 3pm.

This facility is business first and will not make any accommodations what so ever, I have on multiple occasions paid for dual care. Paid for a nanny while not being allowed to attend daycare and of course paying for daycare because I have to, rather she is present or absent. If you are thinking about ABC Daycare think twice as you will be donating to a facility that will strive to extract the most profit out of you while turning away your child and getting paid in their absence.

I recently put my daughter two weeks notice in and requested a full itemized bill. My fiancé entered the daycare and was turned away before he even got my daughters coat off. He was asked to pay the full balance in cash today for her to attend, although I stated I would pay the full balance Friday (3days from now) and I would not pay cash; out of my two year history there has NEVER been a check that bounced so I didn’t see why I was being bullied to pay cash. He left the facility and thank goodness we have a flexible nanny for backup, as we are used to abandoning our jobs often for illegitimate reasons. In the evening he went to gather her things as we didn’t want to continue this tortuous ride. Upon entering he was told they had took our daughters items and would return them after we had spoke to Sally and that she would decide when we can get her items back!

Out of six employees that instructed me to speak to the owner no one had Sally's phone number, email or a direct line where I could leave a message. I called over to ABC Daycare where Sally is usually located and a employee who most likely lied about her name “Addison” said that the only person I could speak to, Mary. Was giving a tour at 4:30p and was not available, I stressed to her it was very urgent and continued to call and pleaded could she excuse herself from the tour for just a moment to provide me with Sally's phone number? Her answer “No she’s busy and that’s too bad you’ll just have to try again tomorrow and hung up on me” this was at 5:45pm I’m more than sure the duration of the tour didn’t extend an hour plus.

I understand that this a business and that business comes first and the owner Sally has no human side at all and that greed fuels every intention she makes including the decision to withhold my billing statement and intimidate me to pay cash in exchange for holding my daughters items for ransom. I’ve come to a realistic assumption that her businesses are on the decline and given the drastic measures for just two weeks of pay, she is desperately in need and will terrorize and disregard her professionalism to gain every dollar. My experience may be one of a kind but I DO NOT recommend that any parent go down the rabbit hole with either of these daycares, it is truly a nightmare and I hope that I can save a parent the time, money and disrespect that this owner Sally and her employees has shown me and my family.
                            Last edited by Blackcat31; 02-01-2017, 11:23 AM. Reason: Removed identifying information

Comment

The majority of the staff at ABC Daycare is very kind and caring and the center itself is brand new and very attractive. The center is small and homey less than twenty five kids which is comforting to me, Unfortunately that’s where the positives end with this daycare. This daycare is one of the only facilities in town that closes at 5:30pm and has a ZERO leniency on any flexibility or realistic expectations for the working parent. This week was a holiday week, they were closed of course Christmas day, the day after Christmas and the following day.

That takes away Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from our paid care week, I simply asked if she could come on Thursday because they were closed three days this week and we lost days of care that we are required to pay for. The answer? “Absolutely no”! And if I needed her to attend, an extra $10hr for the day, considering I have 30+ unused hours. Since her schedule says she normally won’t attend on Thursdays she is not allowed to come in, even given advance notice. I understand that we have to pay rather she is there or not, but not being allowed to use the full hours we pay for is complete idiocy. I too, would like to get paid for an unearned salary but this situation could not be ideal for any working parent. You pay for a full week 35-45hrs at $250 and you get one day? Not to mention this same week they are closing early Friday at 3pm.

This facility is business first and will not make any accommodations what so ever, I have on multiple occasions paid for dual care. Paid for a nanny while not being allowed to attend daycare and of course paying for daycare because I have to, rather she is present or absent. If you are thinking about ABC Daycare think twice as you will be donating to a facility that will strive to extract the most profit out of you while turning away your child and getting paid in their absence.

I recently put my daughter two weeks notice in and requested a full itemized bill. My fiancé entered the daycare and was turned away before he even got my daughters coat off. He was asked to pay the full balance in cash today for her to attend, although I stated I would pay the full balance Friday (3days from now) and I would not pay cash; out of my two year history there has NEVER been a check that bounced so I didn’t see why I was being bullied to pay cash. He left the facility and thank goodness we have a flexible nanny for backup, as we are used to abandoning our jobs often for illegitimate reasons. In the evening he went to gather her things as we didn’t want to continue this tortuous ride. Upon entering he was told they had took our daughters items and would return them after we had spoke to Sally and that she would decide when we can get her items back!

Out of six employees that instructed me to speak to the owner no one had Sally's phone number, email or a direct line where I could leave a message. I called over to ABC Daycare where Sally is usually located and a employee who most likely lied about her name “Addison” said that the only person I could speak to, Mary. Was giving a tour at 4:30p and was not available, I stressed to her it was very urgent and continued to call and pleaded could she excuse herself from the tour for just a moment to provide me with Sally's phone number? Her answer “No she’s busy and that’s too bad you’ll just have to try again tomorrow and hung up on me” this was at 5:45pm I’m more than sure the duration of the tour didn’t extend an hour plus.

I understand that this a business and that business comes first and the owner Sally has no human side at all and that greed fuels every intention she makes including the decision to withhold my billing statement and intimidate me to pay cash in exchange for holding my daughters items for ransom. I’ve come to a realistic assumption that her businesses are on the decline and given the drastic measures for just two weeks of pay, she is desperately in need and will terrorize and disregard her professionalism to gain every dollar. My experience may be one of a kind but I DO NOT recommend that any parent go down the rabbit hole with either of these daycares, it is truly a nightmare and I hope that I can save a parent the time, money and disrespect that this owner Sally and her employees has shown me and my family.
                              You do realize that you agreed to the policies of this center upon enrollment and signed contracts agreeing to that, right?

You do also realize that asking for your child to attend a day that you didn't pay/schedule could probably put the center out of ratio, right?

Last edited by Blackcat31; 02-01-2017, 11:21 AM. Reason: removed identifying information

Comment

Originally posted by mac60 View Post
                                Parents have an extremely hard time handling situations that we are expected to handle on a daily basis.
                                I agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X