Complaints Filed - How Do I Find Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaints Filed - How Do I Find Out?

Hi - I am a new mother and have my daughter in a daycare center. How can you find out if there are complaints filed against daycare center? I live in New Jersey. If you file a complaint against the center do you have to give them your name and in return the center is aware it was you who complained?

How Do I Find Complaints Filed Against Daycare Center

Contact your State's Licensing Agency:

Child Care Licensing Agency
    (Refers family child care calls to counties)
    New Jersey Department of Human Services
    P.O. Box 707
    Trenton, NJ 08625-0707
    Phone: (609) 987-2022 (North); (609) 987-2016 (South)
    Toll Free: (877) 667-9845
    Fax: (609) 987-2086

Comment

You can also contact your local sheriffs office.. I have just recently moved and had to put my 7 month old daughter in a new day care.. I had many people say this day care was good and safe.. they were very wrong.. my 7 month old daughter was sent home with the wrong family.. and I wasn't notified until the next business day.. after talking to the sheriffs office and cps they informed me that other complains had been filed.. and i highly recomend checking the local sheriffs office and cps office as well as lisencing... they should all have the same info but just incase one doesn't. you will know what is going on at the daycare... and trust your gut feeling us moms have an instinct and i should of used it when I left my daughter there and didn't I just trusted hear say...

good luck and hope you find a safe daycare
      Last edited by Michael; 12-30-2008, 01:13 PM.

Comment

traumatized child

How can I find out if a daycare has previous reports filed by parents in queens, new york?

Comment

One Of The Best Day Cares In Queens

ONE OF THE BEST DAY CARES IN QUEENS

Tutor Time 718-352-8971
          6158 Springfield Blvd, Bayside, NY 11364

Comment

Searching for Complaints on a Daycare Facility

You simply need to contact your state's licensing agency. That is the department where complaints are filed. You can find your state's contact numbers at:

https://www.daycare.com/states.html

Comment

does anyone know how i find complaints on a daycare in florida

Comment

Keep sister together

Hi
                I'm a mom of 3 girls, one is in school age 7 and the others are 2 in a half and 1.
                I'm trying to find a day care that will take both the two babies together butI keep seeing starting at 2. I live in Rosedale 11422 area code please help me. Plus I'm about to have a new born so to have all 3 together would be great .
                Last edited by Michael; 12-30-2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

How in the world did someone take your child?? Like they didn't know??

Comment

Hi,
                    I believe it would be kept private in any state to file a complaint.
                    Not all complaints are legitimate. I see many disgruntled parents that make false complaints (often due to misunderstandings or disagreements in regards to not remembering what the contract and policies are about or abusing them, money owed, etc...).

I have only had 2 complaints. One parent 2 years ago, b/c I didn't keep her 3 kids with lice. I was going to wash their hair with Tea Tree oil (natural and gets rid of lice), that I bought. She said I could only use regular shampoo, I said no, she got furious, left and filed complaints. My parents of many years (5 parents) backed me up and said she was a problem parent (she was lying) and the complaints are in my file permanently, for everybody to read. 7 years ago, I had a young mom who kept messing up, not showing up, being late, etc... (her dad told me to terminate and that she would have to learn the hard way). After many months I terminated and she filed a complaint that I left her 2 year old outside unattended. I know which parents filed these complaints b/c all my other parents have been here for years. They are deciding if someday there will be a time limit for complaints to be public. So, you need to talk to references.

The # one recomendation is get REFERENCES! REFERENCES! REFERENCES!

If an in home provider has many references (good of course) and has been in business for years in comparison to the amount of complaints, has an interview (with children in care to be observed - which might have to be done on a second interview) and you walk away feeling comfortable with them (interacting with children, space to run daycare, cleanliness, choking / chemical hazzards, etc...) that is in my opinion one of the safest ways to find a quality provider.

Don't feel embarrassed to ask to see their bathroom (cleanliness, razors, shampoos), cleaning chemicals, animals, sleeping areas, etc...
                    I have a 170 lb dog, great with children, a good dog. He loves the parents and children, they never see him without a toy in his mouth, he is a giant baby. I don't leave him alone with children only for this reason.... I would not want my child in a daycare with someones dog, even if they assured me it was great with children. Since I wouldn't feel comfortable, I don't do it out of respect for the parents. A child might also hurt my dog

In our state we must keep ALL chemicals (shampoo, cleaning, toothpaste, everything) above counter level. Nothing can be counter level or lower (not even locked up).

Look all around, what is in a childs reach, do they have access to a stool / chair to gain access to unsafe things. VERY important, what about guns, weapons, tools, kitchen knives, etc...

My son left a little screen tool (that you use to push the screen cord into the hole around to keep the screen tight) in a drawer (it looks like a pizza cutter - except it is not thin to cut with like a pizza cutter, it is thick wide, very blunt, no sharpness on it and I got written up for tools/sharp objects in their reach). If you saw it, you would see, it is very blunt and wide, you can run it across baby skin all day and do no damage.

I had a dayacre network, helping parents and providers hook up and find good daycare, answer questions and feel at ease to leave their children - I hate for parents to feel that way. I think if a parent makes sure a provider is licensed, checks out the things I listed above, goes with their gut feeling, drops in unexpectedly, you can feel safe enough to relax and focus on your job.

Remember, REFERENCES! : )

Merry Christmas

Comment

irrate mother

Hi I put my child into a daycare in north carolina and my child has been very sick with a cold that she got from daycare. I took her to the doctor twice because it wouldn't get any better. My childs temperature stayed at 104 so I took her to a hospital that was 3 counties away from me. It was worth it. My child had a UTI. I never thought my 2 year old could get something like that. It was because of the nasty lady there that had no education in child care did not know how to wipe my child. Mothers be careful!!! I feel so hurt as I watched my child be in pain and get stick with needles and a iv. The bacteria my child had in her was a level 4.
                      Last edited by Michael; 12-30-2008, 01:11 PM.

Comment

thank you!

Thanks for asking that question. I wondered IMMEDIATELY about the validity of a child being "sent home with" the wrong family. That's just not even reasonable. Someone would have noticed. C'mon now!

Originally posted by Ms.Sue View Post
                        How in the world did someone take your child?? Like they didn't know??

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          Hi I put my child into a daycare in north carolina and my child has been very sick with a cold that she got from daycare. I took her to the doctor twice because it wouldn't get any better. My childs temperature stayed at 104 so I took her to a hospital that was 3 counties away from me. It was worth it. My child had a UTI. I never thought my 2 year old could get something like that. It was because of the nasty lady there that had no education in child care did not know how to wipe my child. Mothers be careful!!! I feel so hurt as I watched my child be in pain and get stick with needles and a iv. The bacteria my child had in her was a level 4.
                          It is very typical for children to get sick when starting a new daycare, espcially within the first 2 weeks of attending a new daycare. This goes for care givers also.

Comment

Complaints on Daycare in Maine

How do I find out if any complaints on a daycare in Maine?

thanks

Comment

Daycare Complaints in Maine

Suggest you contact your states licensing agency:

Child Care Licensing Agency
                              Maine Department of Health and Human Services
                              Child Care Licensing Unit
                              41 Anthony Avenue, Station 11
                              Augusta, ME 04333
                              Phone: (207) 287-9300
                              Fax: (207) 287-9257

State by state childcare daycare licensing and contact information.

Comment

Working...
                              X