No announcement yet.

Coconut Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put coconut oil in some of my cooking, and I also use it as a skin treatment. It helps me keep healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssahenderson View Post
      I put coconut oil in some of my cooking, and I also use it as a skin treatment. It helps me keep healthy.
      Can you post some steps on how to use it as a skin care treatment?

Comment

Use it the same you would as lotion. Argon oil is great too

Comment

I'm keto, so I use a lot of coconut oil. My diet is roughly 70% fat. I've lost about 30lbs, and my total cholesterol is about 120

Comment

KETO

The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              KETO

The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates.

Yes it is. But, unless you're dong "dirty keto" it's also grain free, no processed foods at all, no processed/altered fats etc.

It's a higher fat paleo plus dairy.

I was pre-diabetic, it's been reversed. My blood pressure is back within normal range, and my cholesterol is perfect. None of these things were true 6 months ago.

It's based on indigenous diets, pre-sugar and flour (introduced by europeans). It was originally developed as a treatment for epilepsy.

Comment

I'm not far from my goal weight.

I was a hobby runner, eating a low fat, low sugar diet. Lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains, running 3-5 miles 5 days a week.

My weight plateaued. I was further cutting calories, working out more....nothing was helping...then I watched "The Magic Pill" on netflix. The way the European diet affected the Maori people was very eye opening. Then the REAL studies, that the Dr. in South Africa was showing at his malpractice trial......

Comment

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
                  I'm keto, so I use a lot of coconut oil. My diet is roughly 70% fat. I've lost about 30lbs, and my total cholesterol is about 120
                  I'm so close to you happyface

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
                    Has anyone incorporated coconut oil into their diet?

I don't drink smoothies, but I do drink Glucerna once a day.
                    Oh i'm sorry didn't check the date before posting

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
                      Unfortunately, we are a coconut free home (or mostly).

Grandson is allergic to coconut. Try finding hair/skin products that don't have coconut or coconut derivatives in it.

Every label has to be read. Even my favorite Barilla pasta tortellini has coconut flour in it.
                      I am allergic to coconut also. We can share our favorite CC free products!

Comment

I've never tried to cook with coconut oil. I only use it for face or hair masks. If there's an opportunity, we ask friends who are going to Thai to get 2 -3 bottles for us.

Comment

Working...
                        X