Coconut Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut Oil

Has anyone incorporated coconut oil into their diet?

I don't drink smoothies, but I do drink Glucerna once a day.

I love it. I cook with it, and I love it in my coffee.
    Use it all the time.
    I get it from Swansons. This is the cheapest place I have found it.
    Not Clueless anymore

Comment

Clueless, you put coconut OIL in your coffee? Does is just melt from the heat of the coffee?

I primarily use coconut oil for baking, I want to try to use it with chicken and other types of meat. I like to spread it on toast for right out the jar.

Comment

Yep, we use coconut oil inside and outside. Good for the skin.

Comment

I give my kids 1 tsp of organic coconut oil a day.

I use it on my pregnant belly (no stretch marks and I'm on baby #3)

I put in in my hair and on my face It doesn't clog pores!

I cook with it-it is SO much tastier than all other oils!

I got a pamphlet from my holistic sstore about the benefits of it and there are a million good things that it does!

Also, coconut water is really good too! Apparently it has some of the same chemical makeup as our blood and soldiers in the past used to use coconut water as IV's when they were desparate.

Comment

I have done SOME cooking with it and I use it for various skin treatments, but I have limited knowledge of using it.

I was wondering if some of you would share your recipes (both inside and out ) for using it? You could post them in the recipe section??

Thanks so much ahead of time!

Comment

Where do you find it? In the baking section at most grocery stores? Or at specialty whole foods stores?

Comment

Originally posted by Azra11 View Post
                Clueless, you put coconut OIL in your coffee? Does is just melt from the heat of the coffee?

I primarily use coconut oil for baking, I want to try to use it with chicken and other types of meat. I like to spread it on toast for right out the jar.
                Sure does. It is sweet and delish!
                Not all the time but it is a treat.
                Not Clueless anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Lilbutterflie View Post
                  Where do you find it? In the baking section at most grocery stores? Or at specialty whole foods stores?
                  I found a little jar in the supplement Isle at walmart but it was $10.00 TOO HIGH!

I get mine at http://www.swansonvitamins.com/
                  Taste coconutty! and smells good.

You can buy some refined louanns at walmart too but not nearly as healthy.
                  Not Clueless anymore

Comment

The best we've found is raw and cold pressed: http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals....nut-oil.phpraw

Comment

I mostly use it as a makeup remover and hair mask

Comment

I buy organic, unrefined coco oil at walmart. Use it for everything!
                        A teaspoon in your coffee, with cream and sweetener is my morning favorite.

I cook with it, just like any othef oil. Carrots, cut in slices, cooked in coco oil are delicious...sprinkle with parsley before eating!

Body:
                        moisturizer
                        hair conditioning treatment
                        cold sore treatment

Comment

Originally posted by MizzCheryl View Post
                          I love it. I cook with it, and I love it in my coffee.
                          Use it all the time.
                          I get it from Swansons. This is the cheapest place I have found it.
                          Ditto I have used it for over 10 years.

I use it for everything food and body

Comment

I put coconut "butter" and raw honey in my tea.

Don’t miss out on Organic Raw Vegan Coconut Butter by Artisana! Made from real coconut meat, this is a great option for those who want a non-dairy butter.

Comment

Unfortunately, we are a coconut free home (or mostly).

Grandson is allergic to coconut. Try finding hair/skin products that don't have coconut or coconut derivatives in it.

Every label has to be read. Even my favorite Barilla pasta tortellini has coconut flour in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X