No announcement yet.

Spaghetti Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also dread the mess of spagetti and found it's much better with curly noodles or bow ties.

Last week we had a heat wave here, so I stripped the lil ones down to diapers and got them into their booster seats and let them dig in! They were all gooey messes, so afterward we went outside and splashed in the sprinklers that were set up in the shade to get cleaned off! They had a blast and it was a perfect solution to this meal time mess!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mom2many View Post
      I also dread the mess of spagetti and found it's much better with curly noodles or bow ties.

Last week we had a heat wave here, so I stripped the lil ones down to diapers and got them into their booster seats and let them dig in! They were all gooey messes, so afterward we went outside and splashed in the sprinklers that were set up in the shade to get cleaned off! They had a blast and it was a perfect solution to this meal time mess!!!!!
      That's always my solution in the Summer! Spaghetti outside and waterplay after! I like to put baby wash in the sensory table to make bubbles/help clean up!!

Comment

I'm loving the thicker noodle idea! Hey, I bet if we stir in cheese it would be even less mess!

Comment

Rotini noodles seems to work good here. I will occasionally still do the reg. spaghetti but not often.

Comment

I cut the spaghetti into small pieces and give them bowls and spoons. I strip anyone under 2 to the waist and I've taught the rest to lean over their bowls. It's still messy but not so bad.

Comment

Funny! I don't mind it at all! It's one of the most liked meals and it's really not that bad.

I use a little less sauce than usual. Less sauce = Less mess!

I also serve it in a bowl rather than a place in an attempt to keep it on their plate.

I break the noodles into 4's to keep them small and easier to manage.

And, when all is said and done, I send the dog in to clean up the floor before I vacuum! ::::

Comment

Ravioli, rotini, or penne here. And if you add Parmesan cheese to it, it helps it splatter less.

Comment

I had an 18 month old who was a messy eater anyway, so spaghetti was AWFUL! He actually got it in his nose (the sauce) and his nose burned the rest of the day! It was terrible!

I have wipes ready nearby and do frequent clean-ups just because I hate messes like that.

Comment

If I do spaghetti, I cut it with my kitchen scissors. But usually the kids prefer shapes that are easier to fork, rather than spoon. I do too. As for rice, I make "taco surprise" and throw in all of my left over taco stuff - meat, beans, cheese, sour cream - into the rice. A little water helps if it's too thick. Then they can spoon it and all of the rice stays stuck together instead of in separate little grains.

Comment

Also...if you mix the meat sauce into the spaghetti rather than leaving it on top, it makes less mess. Only use what you need.

Comment

::
                        Originally posted by wdmmom View Post
                        Funny! I don't mind it at all! It's one of the most liked meals and it's really not that bad.

I use a little less sauce than usual. Less sauce = Less mess!

I also serve it in a bowl rather than a place in an attempt to keep it on their plate.

I break the noodles into 4's to keep them small and easier to manage.

And, when all is said and done, I send the dog in to clean up the floor before I vacuum! ::::
                        I agree! I make rigatoni in our crock pot all the time, add cheese, less sauce and one small dog and we have very little mess to clean up. ::

Comment

I just don't do spaghetti at all with my DCK's! that seems like more dinner food to me, and it's a huge mess...I'll leave it to their parents

Comment

Working...
                          X