Spaghetti Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spaghetti Day

So I secretly hate serving spaghetti. The kids love it, I love it, I just HATE the mess that it creates. Someone tell me I'm not alone! I'm pulling my hair out over here!!!! ::

I TOTALLY agree! I actually plan pasta or pizza for fridays because after nap I wash the sheets, bleach down all of the tables and chairs, and highchairs. It is such a mess!

Comment

Originally posted by jessrlee View Post
      I TOTALLY agree! I actually plan pasta or pizza for fridays because after nap I wash the sheets, bleach down all of the tables and chairs, and highchairs. It is such a mess!
      Good idea!

Comment

that is a good idea. You should see one of the kids here now, she has it on her WHOLE face, eyebrows and forehead and everything. I took a picture to show her mom. Hilarious!

Comment

You are not alone. I hate it and love it. I love it because then I eat WITH them, and enjoy it. I hate it because of the mess, BUT i have found that if i add sauce to each individual bowl then show them how to dip bread in the sauce, its less saucy. That and either take their shirts off, or put those large bibs on all of em!

Comment

I used to hate it too

untill..........

i started making it with elbow macarroni noodles!!! No more cutting (except forth those just starting table food) and no more mess (I also use as little sause as possible)

Comment

I'm with MsMe--if you use a chunky pasta there's less mess. I like rotini (it holds the sauce better...less splattering).
              Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

My family had spaghetti last night. Our sauce simmered all day yesterday, so it was pretty thick last night by the time we ate. Today for lunch I boiled up some elbow macaroni, then added the sauce to it and had spaghetti casserole (hotdish, goolash, whatever it's called). By today the sauce is extremely thick and the only mess is really from the 3 that don't use silverware well yet.
                Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.

Comment

that is so funny, I'm making spaghetti right now!
                  The youngest I have right now is 3 so, it's not really a problem.
                  Love the elbow mac idea!

Comment

I use penne pasta, not spaghetti noodles b/c the little ones tend to gag on the spaghetti, don't chew well, or sneeze and it comes out the nose. Not to mention sticks everywhere on everything. Gross!

Comment

I also hate rice, because it sticks to the floor and impossible to sweep. So we only do that one a week when know I have time to mop during nap time.

Comment

I was just thinking about this last week on spaghetti day. I used spiral egg noodles, and it was still super messy!

Comment

I also forgot to addd that I have two dogs who do ALL the floor clean up for me ::

Comment

I use wheel pasta

Comment

Yes! Sprial noodles and other "forkable" noodles are WAY less messy than sketti noodles. It's just, go figure, all I had today was sketti noodles.

Comment

Working...
                              X