Need Fast Advice Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Fast Advice Please!!!

ok, i'm hoping some of you ladies are online and able to offer advice.

dcb #1 (the one who is leaving in 3 weeks) came with runny nose and was very irritated on monday. yesterday boogers turned green, lots of them, somewhat fussy, but generally his normal self. Today same thing BUT he's had 3 bm's today, the last one just now was sort of yellowy creamy color. Would this be grounds to exclude? I mean, other dcb seems to be the same with the nose and cough, but his is clear not green. now my ds is sick too with runny nose and coughing. I figure we've all already got it, and wasn't going to exclude but the multiple bm's is enough for me. They are not pure liquid, semi decent but odd color not sure if it's from something he ate. DCD is going to be here in the next 20 mins.

Should I send home the last diaper so they can see the color? Or is that a fairly normal color? I've never sent home a diaper before and I'm sure they would trust my word verses having to open and take home a dirty diaper. kwim?

Just wondering if I should exclude tomorrow or not.

we had something similar last winter and it was an awful stomach bug. The kids bm's were basically white. Not funny. Hope its not the same

Comment

I would have excluded at the runny nose. I don't allow kids in that have a runny nose that's bad enough I have to constantly chase them around to wipe it.

As for the BM's. I wouldn't exclude. The only time I exclude is for diarrhea. 2 loose stools and you're out the door.

Comment

it definitely was not white. sort of like that mustard color for newborns. could just be something he ate, but still, 3 bm's???? they stink too. he's been green boogery, constantly, screams when i try wipe his nose, and is coughing/sneezing on everything.

that is good enough grounds for exclusion right?

Comment

Do you have a sick policy?? My sick policy which is strictly enforced, is if a child has a fever they must be sent home and can not come back until fever free for 24 hours. If the child has had diherra for two times the child will be sent home. Vomitting will be sent home, child has to be puke free for 24 hours. You need to think about the health of your other daycare kids in your care. Iwould not save a diaper, they are just going to have to trust you!!!

Comment

Coughing, green nasal discharge, lethargy, irritability, loose stools....

Whatcha waiting for, Buboes? ::::

Isn't it sad they guilt us so much we have to question our own opinion???
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

yes i do have the sick policy. But i'm generally ok with kids coming sick, because by the time 1 shows the symptoms all of them are showing symptoms. it all hits at the same time so I don't really bother much unless they are very whiny. I'm thinking i'll let dcd know when he comes that he should probably stay home. He's been happier and funnier than usual, but then when he gets upset he gets really upset.

Comment

Unfortunately even a sinus infection can churn up some gnarly looking boogies. Does he have a fever? Is he really crabby and whiney? Either one are grounds for exclusion in my book. How old is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
                  Coughing, green nasal discharge, lethargy, irritability, loose stools....

Whatcha waiting for Buboes? ::::
                  I just feel like maybe i'm doing it more for me rather than for the actual policy. He's so snotty and it's gross.

His cough seems better but still there.

Comment

I think I would let him stay. I see ALOT of mustard color ::::::

But the green would bother me still. Ugh I hate tough calls

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
                      Unfortunately even a sinus infection can churn up some gnarly looking boogies. Does he have a fever? Is he really crabby and whiney? Either one are grounds for exclusion in my book. How old is he?
                      17 months old, he is the one that I totally vented about last week.

He is generally pretty happy, almost happier than usual, except when he gets mad he's madder than usual. He is not sleeping well as he is congested and it bothers him. He is wiping his nose with his hands, and constantly putting his hands in his mouth and his hands are sopping wet alot (not sure if he's teething and that's why, but not sure if it's mostly snot, drool, or a mixture of both).

Comment

Originally posted by dEHmom View Post
                        He's so snotty and it's gross.
                        Is it getting on stuff? Be prepared to disinfect everything today. If it's so runny that it just keeps coming and getting on everything I might be inclined to call a parent. If it's taking too much time to wipe his nose constantly in order to keep it off of DC stuff you're focusing on one child, not the group's needs. If you focus on the group and his goup gets on your DC stuff I don't know too many other parents that would be fond of their child playing with it.

I believe that sharing is caring but I have to a draw a line somewhere ::::

Comment

magically his snot is clear again. GRR....

I'm wondering if i should just advise 1 more poop tonight, and any green snot, then he has to stay home. But I'll also include that should I find that this occurs tomorrow after dropoff they will be called to pickup immediately???

He's super happy right now.

UGH! i almost wish the green snot and cough were happening right now!

Comment

ugh, i didn't have the guts to do it. but i did advise dcd that he's had too many poops today, funny color and not completely solid but not quite liquid. I advised about the boogers and the teething (confirmed 2 new teeth coming through.) BTW dcd is completely gorgeous, and he made a funny face when i was explaining and that's where I lost my backbone. Just to justify. Plus I don't mind seeing dcd twice a day either. Almost worth a bad day for the eye candy

SOOOO I didn't have the guts to exclude BUT I will let them know in the morning any more gross poop or green boogers they will get a call.

Comment

Originally posted by dEHmom View Post
                              ugh, i didn't have the guts to do it. but i did advise dcd that he's had too many poops today, funny color and not completely solid but not quite liquid. I advised about the boogers and the teething (confirmed 2 new teeth coming through.) BTW dcd is completely gorgeous, and he made a funny face when i was explaining and that's where I lost my backbone. Just to justify. Plus I don't mind seeing dcd twice a day either. Almost worth a bad day for the eye candy

SOOOO I didn't have the guts to exclude BUT I will let them know in the morning any more gross poop or green boogers they will get a call.
                              ::::::::::That's gotta be the funniest thing I've heard all day!::::::::Thanks for the laughs!!!::::::::::

Comment

Working...
                              X